Holy F! Hillary being interviewed by Howard Stern

Feb 4, 2009
First I’ve been listening to Stern for a long time, he has said for Hillary came in for an interview we would likely have a President Hillary. I agree, Hillary is way less stiff than she was during her campaign. She sounds way more natural.
I haven’t heard the whole interview but it is politics light.
I strongly recommend listening to it, sign up for the free Sirius trial if needed.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think for a lot of people Howard Stern still has his reputation from the 80's and 90's as this stupid shock jock but they are really doing themselves a disservice by not listening to at least some of his interviews now. He's not entirely away from some of the stupid shit but the difference is still night and day. He's an absolutely incredible interviewer, maybe the best there is.

Feb 4, 2009
I think for a lot of people Howard Stern still has his reputation from the 80's and 90's as this stupid shock jock but they are really doing themselves a disservice by not listening to at least some of his interviews now. He's not entirely away from some of the stupid shit but the difference is still night and day. He's an absolutely incredible interviewer, maybe the best there is.

Agreed but I miss some of the stupid shit....

He has an ability to make stuff interesting. One of his best moments was an unexpected brief “interview” with some guy who was a charity contest who won a seat to sit in the studio and listen to the show. Guy made those textured things on sidewalks near traffic lights and crossings.
Pretty interesting stuff how he saw them in France(?) but said I can make something that is better and he did.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
He has always been a great interviewer because he asks real questions instead of canned ones and will ask questions that nobody else will.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
First I’ve been listening to Stern for a long time, he has said for Hillary came in for an interview we would likely have a President Hillary. I agree, Hillary is way less stiff than she was during her campaign. She sounds way more natural.
I haven’t heard the whole interview but it is politics light.
I strongly recommend listening to it, sign up for the free Sirius trial if needed.
Not interested unless he gets Sal and Richard involved

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Where is he now? Is he still on satellite? That's the reason I stopped listening.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Where is he now? Is he still on satellite? That's the reason I stopped listening.

Yeah he's still on Sirius and I doubt he is ever leaving. He pretty consistently talks about how much he loves being on Sirius because he can basically do anything he wants. (I'm sure he likes the money too)

Feb 4, 2009
Not interested unless he gets Sal and Richard involved

Check it out. I didn’t hear the whole thing but there weren’t any major Trump jabs from what I heard. Actually I don’t think she called out anyone but Comey.
Definitely worth listening to, appears much of the interview was how she met Bill and how she got to where she is.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Yeah he's still on Sirius and I doubt he is ever leaving. He pretty consistently talks about how much he loves being on Sirius because he can basically do anything he wants. (I'm sure he likes the money too)

Next time his contract is up, he should negotiate a premium streaming/podcasting alternative. Satellite radio is obsolete tech for me—yes I know Sirius has an app and time shifted content but it isn’t as natural as subbing and syncing a podcast.

Edit: Pretty sure he’d beat Joe Rogan within the first week of his podcast hitting iTunes.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Check it out. I didn’t hear the whole thing but there weren’t any major Trump jabs from what I heard. Actually I don’t think she called out anyone but Comey.
Definitely worth listening to, appears much of the interview was how she met Bill and how she got to where she is.
I will. As much as I enjoyed the Stern show of the 90s, his interviews now are pretty amazing.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Definitely worth the listen. Somewhat disappointed that scripted talk show Howard was more present than Sirius Howard. The opening 10 mins sounded like it went through a think tank of writers, especially the accolades.

I agreed with Hillary’s point that entertainment value is driving politics. Certain irony to that, especially when they discussed SNL, given that Stern, Hillary, SNL and the media all collectively helped to normalize Trump.

It was interesting to hear Clinton acknowledge that her dry policy wonk persona was a handicap.

She still doesn’t truly understand why she lost. The tone of inevitability is still shining through.

I’ve wondered repeatedly why the Trump appearances on Stern were not more wildly leveraged during the primary to sink him.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Definitely worth the listen. Somewhat disappointed that scripted talk show Howard was more present than Sirius Howard. The opening 10 mins sounded like it went through a think tank of writers, especially the accolades.

I agreed with Hillary’s point that entertainment value is driving politics. Certain irony to that, especially when they discussed SNL, given that Stern, Hillary, SNL and the media all collectively helped to normalize Trump.

It was interesting to hear Clinton acknowledge that her dry policy wonk persona was a handicap.

She still doesn’t truly understand why she lost. The tone of inevitability is still shining through.

I’ve wondered repeatedly why the Trump appearances on Stern were not more wildly leveraged during the primary to sink him.
Lordy complains about coverage of Trump’s basically shitty behavior “normalizing” him and then complains about his shitty behavior not being used more against him.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Imagine the look on her face if he ever asked her if she liked anal sex.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I hate the "shock jock" Howard Stern, never liked it. Ever. But his long form interviews are actually really good.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I remember during the 2008 election he was a serious Hillary backer. Maybe he actually felt that way. Also it helps disarm the guest.

I agree with Hillary not owning her part in losing. I wish Howard asked her why no visit to Wisconsin.

I also wonder why the DNC didn't make more widespread use of the Stern-Trump interviews. Maybe Sirius blocked legally.

Feb 4, 2009
I remember during the 2008 election he was a serious Hillary backer. Maybe he actually felt that way. Also it helps disarm the guest.

I agree with Hillary not owning her part in losing. I wish Howard asked her why no visit to Wisconsin.

I also wonder why the DNC didn't make more widespread use of the Stern-Trump interviews. Maybe Sirius blocked legally.

Howard has said he got requests for old shows but he declined them all. He didn’t want to become a Political guy and he said something to the effect it violates Trust. Those old tapes were obvious sarcasm and they’d be cut up weird.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Howard does a great job of disarming his guests so that he can ask the tough questions later. Those questions never really came.

There was also a lack of fire in her responses. For someone allegedly wronged by a vast right wing conspiracy, her criticisms were muted and nothing we haven’t heard before. It’s as if she moderated her tone in the event she decided to jump back into the game.

Stern also didn’t really address the complex relationship he has with Trump.

They’re not hard to find. When Trump announced his candidacy, I was like, does no one listen to Howard Stern?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Howard has said he got requests for old shows but he declined them all. He didn’t want to become a Political guy and he said something to the effect it violates Trust. Those old tapes were obvious sarcasm and they’d be cut up weird.
You can find some of the juicy sound bytes if you look hard enough. Most of the fake Arnold, Jack and Rod show and phony phone calls are on YouTube.

I was hoping Howard would ask Hillary if she agreed with Arnold’s proposal to blow up the moon.

Feb 4, 2009
You can find some of the juicy sound bytes if you look hard enough. Most of the fake Arnold, Jack and Rod show and phony phone calls are on YouTube.

I was hoping Howard would ask Hillary if she agreed with Arnold’s proposal to blow up the moon.

Ha playing some of those would have been great

Earlier in the show it was revealed that Sal pitched an idea to have Ronnie sit down with Hillary and do sex tips.
Would have been epic but also has a zero point zero chance of happening.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Ha playing some of those would have been great

Earlier in the show it was revealed that Sal pitched an idea to have Ronnie sit down with Hillary and do sex tips.
Would have been epic but also has a zero point zero chance of happening.
Even more awesome if it was Fred Ronnie