Holy cow! Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 intro thingy...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
buggy game, i keep getting a bunch of blue screen page fault errors after completing random holes. One of them after the only double eagle i've ever gotten :(

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Well, I did buy the game (ps2) and it rocks. It pretty much is everything I was looking for in a golf game. There is an unbelievably large amount of customization. I'm kinda disappointed with the some of the unlockables being seemingly impossible to unlock. Like the Tiger Tracking one where you need to get more holes in one than Tiger has (18). I'll be lucky if I get 2.

Yes, there is air spin control.

Does anyone know if there is any better to have, say, a luck (or any other skill) modifier of 6 instead of 4? 4 is the max on the attribute page, but you can easily get a lot more than 6 with all of the lucky clothing.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
ahhhhhhhhh the game just deleted my custom golfer!)(*&$*(@$

There goes 20 hours of time i'll never see again.

NotoriousJTC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
My first golf game. Very impressed. Although the crowd reaction is sometimes a little off, the create a golfer mode more than makes up for it.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Just picked up this game at my local EB Games.

Best game ever! See you guys in a week or two. ;)

arghhhhh now Im tempted to buy the game...

Damn schoolwork!

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: AU Tiger
One of the best traditions of The Masters practice rounds is on Hole 16 where the crowd encourages the players to skip a second ball across the water onto the green after they have hit their tee shot. A chorus of boos follow the player to the green if he doesn't participate.

I have been there for about 25 Masters and never seen this so called "tradition."

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: glen
One of the best traditions of The Masters practice rounds is on Hole 16 where the crowd encourages the players to skip a second ball across the water onto the green after they have hit their tee shot. A chorus of boos follow the player to the green if he doesn't participate.

I have been there for about 25 Masters and never seen this so called "tradition."

Did you go to the practice rounds? Maybe it was a one time deal. It would be a pretty cool thing to watch though.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Link - The link takes you to the games cameo pages. Quicktime is required, just click on Tiger's cameo, I believe that's the one I was talking about (i'm not sure I don't have quicktime installed)

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001

read this

Selected quotes:

A tradition like no other is skipping the ball across the pond on Augusta National's 16th hole.

"We don't do that anywhere else but here," Clarke said.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia

read this

help, you've been owned!