Holder falls victim to the revolving door.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My oh my. A scurrilous hit piece brings out the right wing ravers & a scattershot attack on Holder & Dems in general. It's a near perfect state of denial.

I mean, it's perfectly obvious that the Bush Admin was both enabling & complicit in whatever sins occurred during the Ownership Society. How do you prosecute bankers who have the paperwork showing that regulators & ratings agencies approved what they were doing?

The short answer is that you don't- not successfully, anyway, not against deep pocket defendants. Retribution has to come in the form of civil action where the burden of proof is entirely different.

Or is tilting against windmills the preferred course of action?

This guy is unbelievable. There is nothing a Democrat could ever do to shake him of the idea that Republicans are devils and Democrats are saints. Obama could travel to Jhhnnjhnm's house and burn it down while raping an infant and he'd say Obama was just doing it to appease Republicans.

People like Jhmhnhn (on both sides) ARE the problem.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This guy is unbelievable. There is nothing a Democrat could ever do to shake him of the idea that Republicans are devils and Democrats are saints. Obama could travel to Jhhnnjhnm's house and burn it down while raping an infant and he'd say Obama was just doing it to appease Republicans.

Agreed. If you think that one party is correct all the time or even most of the time, then thinking isn't your strong suit.

Although in fairness to Jhhnn, I'm pretty sure he's just a buggy bit of code that parses text and regurgitates the tabulated proggie bullshit that is mapped to a particular buzz word or phrase.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Agreed. If you think that one party is correct all the time or even most of the time, then thinking isn't your strong suit.

Although in fairness to Jhhnn, I'm pretty sure he's just a buggy bit of code that parses text and regurgitates the tabulated proggie bullshit that is mapped to a particular buzz word or phrase.
I love how you two will continually spout off "proggie", "liberal", and "Democrat" and then pretend that you're above the fray because you're Independents™.

The spittle-flecked rage of BobberFett is especially hilarious because I'm sure somewhere on these here forums Jhnn has at some point criticized a Democrat and even Obama (!!!) about something. But instead, it's the usual drivel about how Dummycrats done did never done did criticize them Democrats or Messiah Obama, hurr durr LOL Democrats.

When you believe something with your whole heart that is demonstrably false, it's called a delusion. It's why I often use that label here. Ol' Bobber is delusional if he believes what he said that you agree with, because I believe every single liberal/democrat/progressive on here can provide you with a list of things that we criticize Obama/Democrats on. And yet, delusions about always supporting all Democrats forever and ever while calling every single Republican the devil incarnate are vomited forth constantly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And.... Lashing out in denial. Make it about Jhhnn, not about the subject at hand.

Repubs worked for decades to create the non-regulation of the Bush era & the greatest sucker play in the history of finance, the Ownership Society. They enabled it & cheered it on from the bully pulpit & every right wing media manipulator they could muster. More than that, they made it legal, or at least arguable so given the extreme burden of proof in criminal financial cases.

But it's all Holder's fault, because he didn't prosecute very many of them.

Never mind the rest of it, that Holder sacrificed millions of dollars in income to serve as AG & take a lot of shit for doing a lot of things right.

Do you really need a list?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I love how you two will continually spout off "proggie", "liberal", and "Democrat" and then pretend that you're above the fray because you're Independents™.

The spittle-flecked rage of BobberFett is especially hilarious because I'm sure somewhere on these here forums Jhnn has at some point criticized a Democrat and even Obama (!!!) about something. But instead, it's the usual drivel about how Dummycrats done did never done did criticize them Democrats or Messiah Obama, hurr durr LOL Democrats.

When you believe something with your whole heart that is demonstrably false, it's called a delusion. It's why I often use that label here. Ol' Bobber is delusional if he believes what he said that you agree with, because I believe every single liberal/democrat/progressive on here can provide you with a list of things that we criticize Obama/Democrats on. And yet, delusions about always supporting all Democrats forever and ever while calling every single Republican the devil incarnate are vomited forth constantly.
Dude, you'll never find me claiming to be an independent. I've admitted many times to being a registered Republican, as I find them to be generally the lesser evil by a hair, and probably will be until the Libertarians begin having primaries. I vote Republican during the primaries; if my guy wins the primary then I'm honor-bound to vote for him in the general, otherwise screw them, I'll vote third party. Usually Libertarian - although I have my problems with them too.

What I'm saying is that I have no illusions that Republicans are right on every issue or even most issues. The two parties are about evenly split, although I would argue that the issues on which the parties are correct does not total nearly 100%, so it's mostly identifying which issues are most important to the country in your opinion and choosing the lesser evil. For the record, I consider true liberals to be among the most noble Americans, just as I consider true progressives to be among the worst Americans. Progressives are a subset of the left and the Democrats, just as Tea Partiers are a subset of the right and the Republicans.

However, the main difference between myself and those like you and Jhhnn is that I have no problem saying my selected party is wrong and the other party correct on any particular issue, whereas you can only bring yourself to admit that your party is not as much more correct than Republicans as they usually are. Thus BoberFett's quite valid point. You can both make rational points where your party is correct, but you dissolve into foamy mounds of rage otherwise. And it's worth pointing out that BoberFett actually is farther independent than am I, having decided that neither party is worth supporting even in the primaries. Looking at our preliminary choices for POTUS among both parties, I can't say he's wrong.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is a thread about a Democrat, you buffoon. There are plenty of threads here to get all shrill about Republicans and how awful they are. Yet in comes the idiot Jhmhmlhnannnn and gets defensive because somebody dared to say something negative about a Democrats who's doing exactly what a Republican would do.

"Buh buh buh Republicans!!!!!!"

nickqt, you're nearly as bad as Jhmasdhflasdfnnnnnn

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Everyone calm down, this was all resolved by the nomination of Loretta "I <3 citibank and HSBC" Lynch.

As expected, the democrats have resolved this before it even went to press and we should totally ignore that the firm couldn't find a warm body to occupy Eric "that's not what due process means" Holder's office for the years that he was personally called to civic duty in the best interests of the nation.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is a thread about a Democrat, you buffoon. There are plenty of threads here to get all shrill about Republicans and how awful they are. Yet in comes the idiot Jhmhmlhnannnn and gets defensive because somebody dared to say something negative about a Democrats who's doing exactly what a Republican would do.

"Buh buh buh Republicans!!!!!!"

nickqt, you're nearly as bad as Jhmasdhflasdfnnnnnn

Actually this thread is about solutions and should be right up your alley since it's a "both sides do it" type of thing. As usual though, you didn't come to add anything worthwhile to the thread and instead continued on with your 'I'm not a partisan hack because I say both sides are equal' all while you seem to only ever complain when it's a dem doing it.

So do you have a solution or are you going to continue to show us how "independent" you are?

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Number of bankers thrown in jail for massive fraud:

*crickets*

Holder will not be missed.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Quite remarkable. What are Righties whining about now? Oh, yeh- they're going on about how Holder didn't solve the mess they made to their satisfaction.

Brazen chutzpah.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Actually this thread is about solutions and should be right up your alley since it's a "both sides do it" type of thing. As usual though, you didn't come to add anything worthwhile to the thread and instead continued on with your 'I'm not a partisan hack because I say both sides are equal' all while you seem to only ever complain when it's a dem doing it.

So do you have a solution or are you going to continue to show us how "independent" you are?

No, this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to stroke your ego in your determination to build yourself up above others.

The responses thus far have been proportional.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No, this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to stroke your ego in your determination to build yourself up above others.

The responses thus far have been proportional.

Yep! Now my ego is huge since you've decided to grace us with your presence!

Trolls goin' to troll!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
ivwshane, you created a troll bait thread. Any attempt to claim otherwise is foolish.

You have an ego. So you start a thread with a premise that you don't know a solution and are seeking out a serious discussion on the topic. The problem, basically, is how do we enforce the Attorney General to higher moral standards.

If you don't have any ideas for a solution yourself, then there is no way you would ever wonder if others in this forum have solutions. So, then, why was this thread created?

Troll bait.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
It's funny that you're making this complaint when the OP's cited source that is harshly criticizing Holder is a well known and prominent left wing blog. (one you've probably dismissed as being part of the 'proggie conspiracy' in the past)

Don't let those inconvenient facts make you think troublesome thoughts though! I'm sure the proggies are just conspiring to trick you again.

Salon is beyond "left-wing", most liberals I know don't even want to come near the level that website is at.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
ivwshane, you created a troll bait thread. Any attempt to claim otherwise is foolish.

You have an ego. So you start a thread with a premise that you don't know a solution and are seeking out a serious discussion on the topic. The problem, basically, is how do we enforce the Attorney General to higher moral standards.

If you don't have any ideas for a solution yourself, then there is no way you would ever wonder if others in this forum have solutions. So, then, why was this thread created?

Troll bait.

I guess it worked! I got me a troll!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You have frequently said that you hate both sides equivalently but I can't think of a single time you've made a similar statement to a conservative poster.

Do you know of one?