Ho Ho Ho

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Anyone else spending Christmas alone? First one for me; feels kinda weird.
Not alone but it's just me and the wife. We're normally at big family gatherings so still weird though. And two group FaceTime calls instead. Which kinda reminds me of work so I'm not a fan but I know it's important for others so I'll participate

Hope you have a good Christmas

Reactions: ponyo and Captante
Dec 10, 2005
Merry Christmas!
Not alone but it's just me and the wife. We're normally at big family gatherings so still weird though. And two group FaceTime calls instead. Which kinda reminds me of work so I'm not a fan but I know it's important for others so I'll participate

Hope you have a good Christmas
Yeah, that's kind of our situation this year. Usually, we'd go to either mine or my wife's parents for the holidays. Definitely a no go this year.

We do have a friend coming over - a member of our covid pod (he gets tested twice weekly by the university my wife and he work at), who was otherwise going to be alone since he couldn't go back to CA.

Got two small ribeyes from a local butcher to cook up for the meat eaters, some asparagus dish to make, and some garlic mashed potatoes. Wife baked a yule log for dessert.

Reactions: ponyo and olds

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Merry Christmas! Will be quiet here as the sky is overcast so we’ll forego our traditional Christmas hike.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Merry Christmas!

Got two small ribeyes from a local butcher to cook up for the meat eaters, some asparagus dish to make, and some garlic mashed potatoes. Wife baked a yule log for dessert.

I am cooking lamb for the first time with garlic mashed potatoes and spinach.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Husband, my adult son who lives here & our 2 cats. I used gift bags for presents and made a huge brown sugar ham, teaching my son how to time & prep holiday meals.

Reactions: BudAshes

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Just wanted to wish you & yours, a healthy, safe holiday. Love you people:)

Btw, last Monday I got the best gift of all, my first Pfizer Covid vaccine. I go back Jan 11th for round 2
You cancer survivors get all the good drugs! ;)

Merry Christmas!

• Haha
Reactions: Geekbabe

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Merry Christmas Geekbabe. Let us know if you react to the vaccine shots. Our governor is moving older folks to the front of the vaccination line, so I hope it won't be months and months away for us. It's hard having to forego family Christmas, even for the sake of all our health. Hope you and yours stay safe for now.

Reactions: ponyo and Captante

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Anyone else spending Christmas alone? First one for me; feels kinda weird.
Yeah.
Mom died last year and I was not able to visit anyone this year thanks to various restrictions. Pretty sure I would not make it back from Canada and I have job opportunities waiting.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Btw, last Monday I got the best gift of all, my first Pfizer Covid vaccine. I go back Jan 11th for round 2

Awesome !!! :)

Merry Christmas !!! :cool:

Dec 10, 2005

Best wishes to you and your family as well. I'm glad to see you're still kicking butt.