Hillary makes it official

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Oh noes, ego.....self hate!!!

I truly love this forum, those firmly on the right and left doing their best to dig up dirt on the candidates from the other side and posting in here as if it will change another forums user/readers mind on who to vote for in 2016.

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

I truly love this forum, those firmly on the right and left doing their best to dig up dirt on the candidates from the other side and posting in here as if it will change another forums user/readers mind on who to vote for in 2016.

last I knew we were having a discussion. I haven't seen anyone from either side trying to control someone else's decisions.

I know in your tiny, made up world, only your opinions can be correct. But in the real world, different people look at things differently. That's why this forum exists.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

I have no such allusions. I have said it numerous times before, I post for my own amusement. Whether anyone takes anything I say seriously is a choice for them and them alone to make. I may or may not defend what I say, that's a choice I get to make and what opinion anyone has of me is water off a ducks back. Why should I care? I wouldn't know who any of you are if I bumped into you on the street.

The thought that an Internet forum is a means for any meaningful discourse is one held only by the naive. Just the anonymity aspect of it alone should make people realize that. This however will change. We've got a slew of young people now that think they've made a big accomplishment supporting a cause by tweeting. Yeah baby, those Boko Haram dudes are really rethinking their position because you tweeted #bringbackourgirls. Well, Michelle Obama thought it was important enough to do it. Enough said.

m_obama_girls_tw.jpg

This forum is pure entertainment, nothing more. I think you understand that. :thumbsup:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I have no such allusions. I have said it numerous times before, I post for my own amusement. Whether anyone takes anything I say seriously is a choice for them and them alone to make. I may or may not defend what I say, that's a choice I get to make and what opinion anyone has of me is water off a ducks back. Why should I care? I wouldn't know who any of you are if I bumped into you on the street.

The thought that an Internet forum is a means for any meaningful discourse is one held only by the naive. Just the anonymity aspect of it alone should make people realize that. This however will change. We've got a slew of young people now that think they've made a big accomplishment supporting a cause by tweeting. Yeah baby, those Boko Haram dudes are really rethinking their position because you tweeted #bringbackourgirls. Well, Michelle Obama thought it was important enough to do it. Enough said.

m_obama_girls_tw.jpg

This forum is pure entertainment, nothing more. I think you understand that. :thumbsup:

No, I don't think they understand that at all...but I do :awe:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Best post of this thread.

m_obama_girls_tw.jpg

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
You are WRONG and you will not change my mind about that fact!

I've decided to become a lib...

You dare not agree with me??? You're obviously an inferior life form! I shall destroy you with my superior intellect! I'll use my lib superpower of hyperbolic transverse obamaanalickian logic to reduce you to the worthless pile of subhuman protoplasm that everyone who's anyone thinks you are!!!!!

/slaps the dust off my hands and smugly walks away.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Nope. Core Democrat voters will be happy she lies and takes graft, because, um, Republicans! And the low information voters will have no clue it ever happened. By November '16, it will be just another old Clinton scandal.

I'd like to see some threads here from the right/conservatives extolling the values/platform of their favorite choice, instead nothing but bashing the other opponent.
Don't any of you repubs like any of your choices? Where's the support? You can't get anyone interested if you show no support for your own...Or are your prospects that bad?
Speaking just for myself, G-d no. I liked Romney okay, but the chance of this nation electing a millionaire Mormon is zil. I freakin' love Gary Johnson, but his chance of surviving a Republican Presidential primary are nil. If I vote Republican, it will be only to vote against the Hildabeast, and even that depends on exactly which piece of, um, work the Pubbies put up. It's entirely possible that the slime scale will not be sufficiently unbalanced to make me vote against Hillary.

I've decided to become a lib...

You dare not agree with me??? You're obviously an inferior life form! I shall destroy you with my superior intellect! I'll use my lib superpower of hyperbolic transverse obamaanalickian logic to reduce you to the worthless pile of subhuman protoplasm that everyone who's anyone thinks you are!!!!!

/slaps the dust off my hands and smugly walks away.
lol

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

m_obama_girls_tw.jpg

Well said, sir.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
I cant believe the stuff that just keeps on coming out about Hillary. Just today I read about a $31 million uranium scandal. $31 million in payoffs and bribes! But there will still be millions that vote for her regardless.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I cant believe the stuff that just keeps on coming out about Hillary. Just today I read about a $31 million uranium scandal. $31 million in payoffs and bribes! But there will still be millions that vote for her regardless.
Screw innocent until proven guilty, if it's in the newspaper, convict and throw away the key. Everything in the newspaper is true. It has to be.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Hands up don't shoot!

Amiright:awe:
I believe that people shouldn't be shot in the back while running away from senior citizens pretending to be a cop, and that just because an allegation is made against someone it shouldn't be taken as truth without evidence to corroborate the charge.

Last I checked, that is the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I think it should apply against cops executing people on the spot, or for allegations made in newspapers. Or for cops who execute someone on the spot, for that matter, although it's troubling that cops and prosecutors are literally on the same team.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I believe that people shouldn't be shot in the back while running away from senior citizens pretending to be a cop, and that just because an allegation is made against someone it shouldn't be taken as truth without evidence to corroborate the charge.

Last I checked, that is the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I think it should apply against cops executing people on the spot, or for allegations made in newspapers. Or for cops who execute someone on the spot, for that matter, although it's troubling that cops and prosecutors are literally on the same team.
Lol, yeah, you just proved to be as dumb as those who believe some of the shit about her...willful stupidity and blind rage

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol, yeah, you just proved to be as dumb as those who believe some of the shit about her...willful stupidity and blind rage

So you are saying people should be shot in the back? Or are you trying to make some other point nick isn't making?

Innocent until proven guilty seems like a pretty universal and American principal and yet instead of acknowledging it you made some nonsensical statement about the poster.

Perhaps you are too vested in the subject to pull your head out of your ass;)

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
So you are saying people should be shot in the back? Or are you trying to make some other point nick isn't making?

Innocent until proven guilty seems like a pretty universal and American principal and yet instead of acknowledging it you made some nonsensical statement about the poster.

Perhaps you are too vested in the subject to pull your head out of your ass;)
That narrative has been proved to be bullshit, and the shooting extremely justified, yet you hold to it as truth. Seems your head is firmly planted somewhere that doesn't smell like roses champ;)

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, blind rage, considering I said innocent until proven guilty is a pretty good policy.
Reading comprehension. Get some.

That narrative has been proved to be bullshit, and the shooting extremely justified, yet you hold to it as truth. Seems your head is firmly planted somewhere that doesn't smell like roses champ;)
Ah, delusional conservative with no reading comprehension has nothing but misunderstanding and insults.

How typical.

Innocent until proven guilty means that I don't assume anything, hotshot. While you're a delusional conservative and have abandoned reality for the talking points Master Limbaugh vomits out daily, I would assume that you could at least read words arranged into a sentence and figure out that I'm not assuming anything, and that I'm not holding anything as "truth".

So, you go ahead and continue misreading and misunderstanding English sentences and then insulting me, if that makes your delusional reality that much easier to stomach.

Keep on keepin' on!
Now that you mention it I can see he is very confused...his confusion is not my problem and my point stands.
Projection. One of the two foundations of modern conservatism.

Last edited:

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Yes, blind rage, considering I said innocent until proven guilty is a pretty good policy.
Reading comprehension. Get some.

Ah, delusional conservative with no reading comprehension has nothing but misunderstanding and insults.

How typical.

Innocent until proven guilty means that I don't assume anything, hotshot. While you're a delusional conservative and have abandoned reality for the talking points Master Limbaugh vomits out daily, I would assume that you could at least read words arranged into a sentence and figure out that I'm not assuming anything, and that I'm not holding anything as "truth".

So, you go ahead and continue misreading and misunderstanding English sentences and then insulting me, if that makes your delusional reality that much easier to stomach.

Keep on keepin' on!

Projection. One of the two foundations of modern conservatism.
LOL

Idiot

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
LOL

Idiot

He raised the perfectly valid, on-topic point that we presume innocence until guilt is proven. That's a reasonable response to those who are quick to declare Clinton -- or anyone else -- guilty based on tabloid sensationalism and innuendo. You made no effort to address that point, instead launching into a series of gratuitous insults and diversions. Indeed, someone looks like an idiot here, and it's not Nickqt.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
The lady is the scum of the political system.

She thinks she is royalty and entitled to this position.

She has 2.5 BILLION DOLLARS in her war chest, to be able to slander, or overwhelm any opponent.

Evil.

-John