Hillary for President!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Decent NYT article about the strategic interim career choices she faces during the next 4 years.

FWIW, she's presently denying any intention to run. Yeah, riiiiiiiight!

Nothing gives this staunch American libruhl more hope for the future of the Republic than the prospect of President Hilary. She's one tough, uber smart, disciplined, seasoned and experienced babe.

For me, what underlies everything in national politics is who gets to nominate Supreme Court justices. The dream scenario of 8 years of Hilary following these 4 more of Barry gives me great, good hope that we can take back the Court from the Axis of True Evil -- Scalia (batman), Thomas (robin), and Roberts (Commissioner Whatshisname?).

Eyes on the prize, boy-os, eyes on the goddamn prize! :thumbsup:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'd like to see her go up against Dr. Rand Paul. She would have very little on him and then anything she tried to use against him would backfire on her. Not that I support Rand Paul either, but I think a debate between those two would be interesting.

I don't like her and liberals shouldn't either because she is too pro-war. I admire her for her commitment to feminism, but it's misguided because govt just winds up hurting women than it helps them.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
While I'd prefer she had some executive experience under her belt, I could see her being a good President (of course she could be a huge failure instead, one can never know in advance). However, I'd have to wear ear plugs every time she gave a State of the Union because her voice at times sounds like nails on chalkboard to me.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Here, I'll make it easy to quote me.

Hillary will not run for President in 2016. - Ironwing

She may run for Senate again, but not President.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
While I'd prefer she had some executive experience under her belt, I could see her being a good President (of course she could be a huge failure instead, one can never know in advance). However, I'd have to wear ear plugs every time she gave a State of the Union because her voice at times sounds like nails on chalkboard to me.

She's capable, but she lost me when she became the unelected co-president back in the '90's.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
Here's what I like about Mr. Obama - he was, until recently, a political outsider/newcomer. I don't agree with the majority of his stances but I absolutely LOVE the fact that he hasn't been in elected office or attached to an elected official for the last 30 years, that's the biggest thing he had going for him in 2008 IMO, it wasn't Bush or the economy, it was the "new blood" factor. Hillary has too many skeletons, she's been around too long. I could never vote for her.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I been saying this for a long time, she should have been the one to win the Democrat nomination and not Obummer. This country will hurt for 8 years because we didn't have this wonderful lady leading us.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Here's what I like about Mr. Obama - he was, until recently, a political outsider/newcomer. I don't agree with the majority of his stances but I absolutely LOVE the fact that he hasn't been in elected office or attached to an elected official for the last 30 years, that's the biggest thing he had going for him in 2008 IMO, it wasn't Bush or the economy, it was the "new blood" factor. Hillary has too many skeletons, she's been around too long. I could never vote for her.
what has electing an "outsider" gotten you, though? meetings with lobbyists in the coffee shop across the street from the White House instead of inside?

I'm not expecting Hillary to run in 2016, but I'd probably vote for her if she did.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Yes, hopefully she'll get elected president and then drive through downtown Dallas in an open convertible.

Take a month off, after which, you will either personally promise not to post like this again or you will remain banned.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
what has electing an "outsider" gotten you, though? meetings with lobbyists in the coffee shop across the street from the White House instead of inside?

I'm not expecting Hillary to run in 2016, but I'd probably vote for her if she did.

What has electing career politicians gotten us?

I didn't vote for Obama.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

/this

he claimed to be a outsider. truth is nothing changed with him vs anyone else.

but yeah i think i would vote for hilary if she ran.

What has electing career politicians gotten us?

I didn't vote for Obama.

that too.

personally i don't think it matters who we elect in. They aren't really in charge of much as people think.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Hard to see her not running, and harder seeing her not win the nom if she does.

GOP would need a miracle comeback to beat her. I don't see them getting their shit together in four years.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I think I would have to vote Republican if Hillary is the nomination. We already made history once, let's just pick the best person this time....and that isn't Hillary.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'd like to see her go up against Dr. Rand Paul . . .

I'm absolutely sure EVERYONE in the Democratic Party would absolutely love to either of the Sainted Pauls as the GOP nominee-against anyone. The blowout would rival Dukakis.

The downside of a Hillary nomination would be Benghazi ad nauseum, the only blot on her otherwise stellar service as Sec of State.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Decent NYT article about the strategic interim career choices she faces during the next 4 years.

FWIW, she's presently denying any intention to run. Yeah, riiiiiiiight!

Nothing gives this staunch American libruhl more hope for the future of the Republic than the prospect of President Hilary. She's one tough, uber smart, disciplined, seasoned and experienced babe.

For me, what underlies everything in national politics is who gets to nominate Supreme Court justices. The dream scenario of 8 years of Hilary following these 4 more of Barry gives me great, good hope that we can take back the Court from the Axis of True Evil -- Scalia (batman), Thomas (robin), and Roberts (Commissioner Whatshisname?).

Eyes on the prize, boy-os, eyes on the goddamn prize! :thumbsup:

I'm really not interested in having another neo-con in the White House.

Also, what's with us americans and continuing political dynasties. This country was founded to get away from this crap.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
I'm really not interested in having another neo-con in the White House.

Also, what's with us americans and continuing political dynasties. This country was founded to get away from this crap.

Concentration of power. I don't understand it myself but people do it, possibly subconsciously. The people who want Hillary would vote Slick Willy back in if they legally could. Same goes for the Bushes. While I think that Jeb would make a decent President, I'd say we're done with the family but I hear people say they would vote for him. I wouldn't.

We have 300+ million people in the US. The best we can do is a former President's wife and also a current non-elected government official? Why? Why? Why?

Find someone else.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Concentration of power. I don't understand it myself but people do it, possibly subconsciously. The people who want Hillary would vote Slick Willy back in if they legally could. Same goes for the Bushes. While I think that Jeb would make a decent President, I'd say we're done with the family but I hear people say they would vote for him. I wouldn't.

We have 300+ million people in the US. The best we can do is a former President's wife and also a current non-elected government official? Why? Why? Why?

Find someone else.

Heh, just like the 30 year old Kennedy getting into office here, no real experience, just a name brand people are comfortable with.