Hillary Clinton blames Bush for blackout

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
http://www.msnbc.com/news/952578.asp?0cv=CA01

hahahahahaha. Figures the democrats would try to cash in on something like this. Especially considering that they don't even know what caused the blackout yet. It's like she expects the government to babysit everything that goes on in this country. I wouldn't be surprised if she says something like "From now on, I want 48 hours advanced notice of all unplanned power outages".

Some Democrats blamed the Bush administration for not having more closely watched the deregulation. "I believe the federal government has a responsibility to see this doesn?t happen,? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., told MSNBC

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I guess I don't see how Hillary is blaming Bush based on that quote. The "some democrats" line implies that...Is there more to it?

spelling edit

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
http://www.msnbc.com/news/952578.asp?0cv=CA01

hahahahahaha. Figures the democrats would try to cash in on something like this. Especially considering that they don't even know what caused the blackout yet. It's like she expects the government to babysit everything that goes on in this country. I wouldn't be surprised if she says something like "From now on, I want 48 hours advanced notice of all unplanned power outages".

Some Democrats blamed the Bush administration for not having more closely watched the deregulation. "I believe the federal government has a responsibility to see this doesn?t happen,? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., told MSNBC

actually, my first response i hadn't even read your post.

is there anything unreasonable about saying that the federal government should be responsible for closely watching deregulation?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
?I believe the federal government has a responsibility to see this doesn?t happen,? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., told MSNBC.

What has she done to avoid these problems?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I also find it humorous that Hillary does nothing more than blame Bush, while Bush vows to actually fix the problem. Who would of known?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113
?I believe the federal government has a responsibility to see this doesn?t happen,? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., told MSNBC.

What has she done to avoid these problems?

hmmm, i'm wondering if there is a difference between functions of senators vs functions of presidents.

do you know who regulates policies?

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
My take on this is her comment was along the line of it's the Federal Governments resposnibility
to get the Energy Companies back under control in the aftermath of what Enron was doing.
The Power Grid was being manipulated in California for Enron's benefit of proffiteering, and there
may even be something within the gridwork of power allocation in this blackout that was moving
the energy market around for proffit that triggered the over demand that caused the supply lines
to colapse in the energy transfer. There will be a high level investigation of this, so any eary
speculation is just assumption (Including mine)

How many have been so conditioned by the overuse of FEAR to have initially though tha
it was the work of terrorists ? Or maybe tourists. Or even Tourette's Syndromists

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
50+ senators can have as much power as the president... How many energy bills has she proposed or attempted to pass through Congress? How come she hasn't brought this up before?

Perhaps she could have said something to the effect of: "There is clearly a problem that needs to be worked out, and I hope the president and his administration will address it as soon as possible. I, for one, am going to further research this subject and hopefully changeds can be made."

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
50+ senators can have as much power as the president... How many energy bills has she proposed or attempted to pass through Congress? How come she hasn't brought this up before?

Perhaps she could have said something to the effect of: "There is clearly a problem that needs to be worked out, and I hope the president and his administration will address it as soon as possible. I, for one, am going to further research this subject and hopefully changeds can be made."

hmmm,

mb you and i have totally different definitions going here.

She clearly said "THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT" not "THE WHITE HOUSE".

Very rarely does ANYONE in washington refer to the president as "THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT".

but then maybe you're privy to some information that i'm not.
rolleye.gif

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Some Democrats blamed the Bush administration for not having more closely watched the deregulation.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't see where she criticized Bush in that article.

One role of Congress is oversight of Federal agencies that the executive branch is responsible for administering, so her comment is completely in keeping with her job as a senator.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Some Democrats blamed the Bush administration for not having more closely watched the deregulation.

so your basing this on what the reporter wrote.

nice.

it seems to me that Hilary's statement doesn't support the conclusion of the reporter.

it only takes a modicum of intelligence to do that you know.

btw, i read the article and it the quote that is in the OP is all they used. no context.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
'Some Democrats blamed the Bush Administration" are the words of the reporter/article writer, not Clinton.

The BUSH Administration IS the Federal Government at this time in our lives, just as the previous
CLINTON Administration WAS the Federal Government in the past, and the next President will be
the embodinent of the Federal Government when we get there.

The President sets the agenda and conducts thier policies according to what matters they wish to address
and try to establish and accomplish during thier tennure.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
However, the way the the artcle is set up, Hilary's quote is an example of the author's point that "Some Democrats blamed the Bush administration for not having more closely watched the deregulation." So, the authors are making this assumption, not me.

Either way, Bush and his administration represent the Federal government, and don't pretend that Hillary and here fellow Democrats don't know this.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
<STRONG>'Some Democrats blamed the Bush Administration"</STRONG> are the words of the reporter/article writer, not Clinton.

The BUSH Administration IS the Federal Government at this time in our lives, just as the previous
CLINTON Administration WAS the Federal Government in the past, and the next President will be
the embodinent of the Federal Government when we get there.

The President sets the agenda and conducts thier policies according to what matters they wish to address
and try to establish and accomplish during thier tennure.

it may be so in your OPINION, BUT in Washington, when an elected official wants to refer to the administration they would say WHITE HOUSE, they would NOT use The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

When an elected official uses the term the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT they are referring to well surprise surprise THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

anything else is just your opinion.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I also find it humorous that Hillary does nothing more than blame Bush, while Bush vows to actually fix the problem. Who would of known?

OMG, you're such a knee-jerker. Nowhere in that article does Hillary blame Bush. You're conveniently reading that in.
rolleye.gif

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I don't see in that article where the term WHITE HOUSE was use, but it does say FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
That'a a fact and NOT an opinion. I guess that you may need to take some classes in Civics ond Government
so you understand what the Federal, State, and Local Governments are supposed to be doing, not that they
even do what they are supposed to do any more. If you are under 35 you don't have a clue about Government.
Guess New Jersey has it's ouw ideas about what a fact or an opinion is.

Of the People, For the People, By the People has become By the Self Important, for Big Contributers,
on the Backs of the Working Class for our benefit.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Also, in case you guys didn't know, Hillary's quote came from a video interview today in which she does mention Bush.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
I don't see in that article where the term WHITE HOUSE was use, but it does say FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
That'a a fact and NOT an opinion. I guess that you may need to take some classes in Civics ond Government
so you understand what the Federal, State, and Local Governments are supposed to be doing, not that they
even do what they are supposed to do any more. If you are under 35 you don't have a clue about Government.

Of the People, For the People, By the People has become By the Self Important, for Big Contributers,
on the Backs of the Working Class for our benefit.

no, i believe you do.

the FEDERAL government is composed of 3 branches. THE executive, the Legislative and the JUDICIAL.

I was making a distinction for you because you said

which is either ignorant or just convenient.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
With Republicans sitting in the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the Federal Government,
controlling both the House and The Senate how can you not grasp that this is the Bush Administrations
Federal Government ? He and his advisers set the agenda, and the legislative branches write and then
introduce the bills that are either killed or passed into laws. The Executive branch authors nothing,
but at the direction of the Executive branch Legislative constructs those that they specifically want.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
With Republicans sitting in the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the Federal Government,
controlling both the House and The Senate how can you not grasp that this is the Bush Administrations
Federal Government ? He and his advisers set the agenda, and the legislative branches write and then
introduce the bills that are either killed or passed into laws. The Executive branch authors nothing,
but at the direction of the Executive branch Legislative constructs those that they specifically want.

hahahahaha

u have to do better than that

u clearly said earlier Clinton = Federal government too. well if i recall correctly we had a republican congress then

just admit you were wrong.
rolleye.gif

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
hehe Republicans blamed Davis for Cali's blackout.

But when the shoe is on the other foot.......

HYPOCRISY!!!!!!!!! (a cornerstone of the modern Republican party)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Don't forget Bushy's MO: Good stuff = take credit for it; Bad stuff = pawn it off on Clinton, or maybe Grey Davis... Whomever's convenient. The buck stops where?