Hillary Clinton appears to suggest Russians are 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Van Jones from CNN who has been an activist and has worked in the Democratic Party before has it right.

As Van Jones said in the video at about 1 min. 35 sec. in.

Here is supporting information that backs Van Jones statement about Rep. Gabbard's rank in the DNC before she stepped down.

Now aside from the unnecessary attack that might come from pointing out this inconvenient fact... You can dislike Tulsi Gabbard her politics aren't for everyone but if anyone wants to ignore the facts behind this as illustrated by a reputable person who has been a Democratic Activist before well we can't help them them can we...

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Oh, look: a classic case of poisoning the well.

Somebody's really scared of Tulsi. Can't imagine why.

Yes, because obviously all this factual information of her promotion by the alt-right and Russian bots is meaningless, right?

No one is scared of her. Her poll numbers are shit. It's the way she's being led to believe she has bipartisan support to make her believe she has a shot at going third party that is being addressed here.

Her message and stances are irrelevant. She's a means to an end. A tool to disrupt an election.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
BS and we can't help you can we?
Come back and see me when you have figured out how to help yourself@! So sorry, Amused was right in everything that was posted!
As much as I like CNN, I have never been a fan of Van Jones! If people were not so blind to his own personal history they would not be so quick to defend!!

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Now aside from the unnecessary attack that might come from pointing out this inconvenient fact... You can dislike Tulsi Gabbard her politics aren't for everyone but if anyone wants to ignore the facts behind this as illustrated by a reputable person who has been a Democratic Activist before well we can't help them them can we...

So what you're saying is all this made her a prime target to groom for a third party run as a spoiler against the dems?

Prop her up among the alt-right. Give her the illusion of bipartisan support and have the Russian bots go full force in promoting her?

Nothing you're saying here discounts what is actually happening.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
So what you're saying is all this made her a prime target to groom for a third party run as a spoiler against the dems?
Who knows but Van Jones is right she was placed highly in the DNC as a not very experienced Representative. We'll have to see if she does run 3rd party won't we. But tell me this do you blindly deny what Van Jone's says as one other person in denial says? If you watched the video Van Jones says show me the evidence and I'll believe you.
So we will have to see if Tulsi runs 3rd party.

I'm just tired of people who shill despite the fact that President Obama's camp even called what Hillary ran in 2016 a "scripted, soulless campaign" look it up yourself or just watch the video here which has a snippet from the author, Peter Baker, who was a New York Times White House Correspondent when President Obama was in office.

*edited to add*
Additionally while the alt-right and bigot want to claim her candidacy for whatever reason Tulsi has replied to their ilk already... but maybe she needs to repeat it over and over again for some to get her POV on that I guess?
“I have strongly denounced David Duke’s hateful views and his so-called ‘support’ multiple times in the past, and reject his support,” Gabbard said

a more comprehensive quote from the above link...
The 37-year-old received Duke’s unwelcome endorsement despite several moves signaling her potential support for the Jewish state.

In November 2016, Duke tweeted that Gabbard was a representative of a “political realignment” he hoped to see in the US — and called for Donald Trump to appoint her secretary of state.

She responded: “U didn’t know I’m Polynesian/Cauc? Dad couldn’t use ‘whites only’ water fountain. No thanks. Ur white nationalism is pure evil.”

The following month, she tweeted: “Our movement is one of love/aloha, inclusivity. Duke represents hatred, racism, anti-Semitism, fear. We don’t want his ‘support.’ Period.”

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Who knows but Van Jones is right she was placed highly in the DNC as a not very experienced Representative. We'll have to see if she does run 3rd party won't we. But tell me this do you blindly deny what Van Jone's says as one other person in denial says? If you watched the video Van Jones says show me the evidence and I'll believe you.
So we will have to see if Tulsi runs 3rd party.

I'm just tired of people who shill despite the fact that President Obama's camp even called what Hillary ran in 2016 a "scripted, soulless campaign" look it up yourself or just watch the video here which has a snippet from the author, Peter Baker, who was a New York Times White House Correspondent when President Obama was in office.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
One doesn't require deliberate back room cooperation with Russia to be a Russian asset. Your actions and what you say can make you one indirectly. It doesn't require knowing cooperation.

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard threatened on Thursday to boycott the October 15 Democratic primary debate, claiming that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) was working with the corporate media to rig the election and turning the debates into "commercialized reality television."

Her campaign is deliberately engaging in tactics and behavior that go beyond attacking a single candidate; her threatening a boycott of the Democratic debate and also her apparent grievances beforehand cast doubt on the fairness and legitimacy of the political process, which is what Putin wants even more than one particular candidate winning or losing.

Having an asset as President is bad, but it's not even the worst of what Putin can do to the US. He can cast doubt on the entire political system's fairness. Right now, the United States is a formidable nation that has national interests. It has fewer national interests when people can't agree on who legitimately runs the country, which makes it impossible for people to agree on what our national interests are.

She can be called a Russian asset because she's suggesting that the political system is treating her unfairly and threatening to boycott the debates.

She knows - or should know as a former veteran - that her behavior - things she says, potentially undermines confidence in the system, which is what Putin and the Russians would want from an asset.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Show me the evidence is a 2 way street......That is what Van Jones said yet Van Jones produced nothing more than conjecture to try to dupport his opinion....
Oh for the good ole day....

I linked an article that cited her position in the DNC as Van Jones stated.
I guess you need more.

Here is a WaPo article that also lines up with what Van Jones says...
In Washington, Democrats no doubt noticed how great Gabbard looks on paper and television. She was elevated quickly to top jobs like vice chair of the DNC and to important committee assignments that fit with her military experience. “I think she’s wonderful,” House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) told Vogue.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told Vogue that Gabbard is "an emerging star" and invited the then-congressional candidate to speak at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. “Some fresh recruits stay and some go," Pelosi said. "It’s hard to tell what route she'll choose.”

Needless to say, for Democrats it's awkward to have one of their most visible stars and a top DNC official saying things like this.

It's interesting that the top Democratic member of the House of Representatives thought highly of Tulsi before 2015 but maybe not in your odd world.

Oh for the good old days indeed I guess but who knows what you think they are...

*e2a* Oh wait maybe they're right...
Tulsi Gabbard's fellow candidates Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang back her against Hillary's 'character assassination' - as Clinton backs out of event featuring Democrat she accused of being a 'Russian agent'
obviously Hillary's Secret Service team was afraid that Tulsi recieved some secret "Black Widow" training and was sent to rub out Hillary for exposing Tulsi's role in destroying the U.S. at Russia's behest...:eek::rolleyes:

_________

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
One doesn't require deliberate back room cooperation with Russia to be a Russian asset. Your actions and what you say can make you one indirectly. It doesn't require knowing cooperation.

Her campaign is deliberately engaging in tactics and behavior that go beyond attacking a single candidate; her threatening a boycott of the Democratic debate and also her apparent grievances beforehand cast doubt on the fairness and legitimacy of the political process, which is what Putin wants even more than one particular candidate winning or losing.

Having an asset as President is bad, but it's not even the worst of what Putin can do to the US. He can cast doubt on the entire political system's fairness. Right now, the United States is a formidable nation that has national interests. It has fewer national interests when people can't agree on who legitimately runs the country, which makes it impossible for people to agree on what our national interests are.

She can be called a Russian asset because she's suggesting that the political system is treating her unfairly and threatening to boycott the debates.

She knows - or should know as a former veteran - that her behavior - things she says, potentially undermines confidence in the system, which is what Putin and the Russians would want from an asset.
In her case ignorance is no excuse!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
yet you have no issues with others in this thread who believe the same as I do?
All can say is your true colors are showing!
As
VRAMdemon said:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Your link to wapo article is dead....
I just love it when people post links that don`t work.....
Considering past posts and discussions I am willing to bet that you are going to vote for Gabbard and that you see nothing wrong with any of her stances that she is taking!
Just read what other who agree with me are saying if you need links!
Did you ever find that imaginary sniper friend?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Considering past posts and discussions I am willing to bet that you are going to vote for Gabbard and that you see nothing wrong with any of her stances that she is taking!

Actually considering the polling and recent debates I think it is not unlikely that I will vote for Sen. Warren in the General. and that would be fine with me... I have said in youtube video stream chats hosted by liberal talk show hosts such as Thom Hartmann that I have liked Sen. Warren to have run in 2016 and we'd all be better off if she did. but nice try with the Hillary-ish attempt at a smear I guess.

_________

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: The Democrat that Republicans love and the DNC can’t control
that is the article title.

what the others say doesn't have anything that discounts Van Jones' statements in the CNN clip sorry but nice try I guess.

_________
*edited for grammar*

No one here has tried to discount what Van Jones said.

That's not the point, and actually fits in what is happening here.

The entire alt-right echo-sphere has promoted her, even though her entire platform (outside of isolationism) is contrary to theirs.

At the same time, Russian bots have promoted her as well.

There is no rational reason for this coordinated effort other than trying to create a third party candidate by making her believe she has bipartisan support and her support is higher than it actually is, thus a viable third party candidate.

You keep thinking this Van Jones thing debunks this. No, it reinforces it. It makes her a prime target for the right-wing and Russians to use to disrupt the election and tip it in their favor.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I gave up on Tulsi when she tried to "both sides" the last shutdown when Trump threw a tantrum because he didn't get what he want from Nancy Pelosi.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I gave up on Tulsi when she went all Modi with Modi. Fuck that Indian nationalist who has the blood of over a million people on his hands.

Jul 9, 2009
"Never interfere with an enemy while they're in the process of destroying themselves."

Sun Tzu or Napoleon - Either way, have at it folks!! :p