Hi guys N33d some life advice

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
Originally posted by: inveterate
Originally posted by: SampSon
Here's some life advice... don't use "l337 sp34k" unless you find a time machine and go back to 1999.
I think you mean 1992.
1999 is total newb territory.

I totally don't understand any of this??

Now you are going even farther back with valley girl speak from the late 1980's. :laugh:

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
I like the advice from the people telling you not to get a motorcycle. It really depends on how much you value your life.

My enjoyment of motorcycles was passed on to two brothers and a friend. One brother crashed daily since he enjoyed dirt bike riding. My other brother crashed on a highway at 70mph. It was not his fault though since the front wheel bearing seized due to lack of lubrication since the bike had sat for 6 months in the salty air next to the ocean. My friend crashed once on a wet turn, upgraded to a Ducati, and years later was run over by a semi-truck. All of them survived but my brother spent a few weeks in the hospital, required skin grafts on his leg, and now has a bad knee; and my friend is currently 100% disabled with a medical discharge from the military. :(

There are only two wheels on a motorcycle, if one goes bad it leaves you with only one good wheel. There is often garbage on the road.

On the other hand, riding a motorcycle gives an incredible feeling of freedom. Always drive defensively though and do not allow the cars around you to drive irresponsibly. It is your responsibility to make sure surrounding drivers know you are there.

If you ever decide to excessively drive over the speed limit on a sport bike, make the decision before you start whether or not you will stop if a police officer attempts to pull you over. This is not a decision to make when traveling in excess of 100mph.

It is possible, (see below quote), that riding a motorcycle through different types of weather can start the development of arthritis in the hands and knees due to the constant airflow over these joints. Especially in cold or humid weather. It is also possible that riding a motorcycle without a headcovering can lead to sinus problems, also due to constant airflow. My knees hurt when I run, my fingers often feel pain in the joints, and I have bad sinus headaches. I only rode a motorcycle for four years from age 18-21 but will feel the pain for the rest of my life. Again, this relationship is only conjecture but it is possible.

Originally posted by: Amused
Chusteczka, not a single one of your claims is supported by any valid peer reviewed and repeated medical study. Not one. I've never seen such a collection of myths spewed in a single post.

Paddington

Jun 26, 2006
Why don't you take up a productive hobby, like working out or reading. Leave the motorcycles for people in 3rd world countries who can't afford cars.

inveterate

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2005
It is possible, (see below quote), that riding a motorcycle through different types of weather can start the development of arthritis in the hands and knees due to the constant airflow over these joints. Especially in cold or humid weather. It is also possible that riding a motorcycle without a headcovering can lead to sinus problems, also due to constant airflow. My knees hurt when I run, my fingers often feel pain in the joints, and I have bad sinus headaches. I only rode a motorcycle for four years from age 18-21 but will feel the pain for the rest of my life. Again, this relationship is only conjecture but it is possible.

These have been the most convincing statements thus far. Thx chusteczka. I guess i won't be getting a motorcycle mom my threatened to leave my dad if he allowed me to get a bike, and that arthritis thing (really wouldn't want that), maybe i'll take up bmx..

Thx for all the advice 3v3ry0n3. I r3411y 4ppr31c1473 17 "!"