Hey Plex users...

Discussion in 'Home Theater PCs' started by XavierMace, Oct 24, 2017.

1. XavierMace

XavierMace Diamond Member

I know we've got at least a few others on here. Anyone else hate the new update for the Xbox One app? I've been using Plex a long time and this is the first time I've been truly unhappy with an update.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Plex users Forum Date
    Seeking "intelligence" from users about a double HD HomeRun PRIME configuration Home Theater PCs Jan 17, 2017
    Plex server on Shield Home Theater PCs Jun 9, 2016
    Windows 10 HTPC + PLEX and VM Home Theater PCs May 26, 2016
    Best HDMI stick plex client? Home Theater PCs Feb 16, 2016
    As small as possible Plex box I plan to build Home Theater PCs Dec 2, 2015

3. ImpulsE69

ImpulsE69 Lifer

I absolutely hated the overhaul they put out a few years ago that completely changed it, and am still using plex classic. I take the 'if it ain't broke, dont fix it' approach. I especially really hate the account BS that they use now. If it ever breaks, I'll probably move to something else. They ruined a good thing.

4. cfenton

cfenton Member

It's different, but I don't think it's worse. It took me a few days to get used to, but it's fine now.

5. XavierMace

XavierMace Diamond Member

Am I missing something with getting TV shows to autoplay the next episode?

6. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding a good Windows-based Plex playback software. At first, I used Plex Home Theater, which is their original Windows software. It worked fine for TV and movies, but it had problems with anime. Maybe one out of every 5-10 episodes, the software would crash-to-desktop when trying to skip around the file. After that, I switched to OpenPHT, which is an open source variant of Plex Home Theater. It's a little bit better, but it sometimes has the same crash problem.

Lately, I've been testing Plex Media Player, which is Plex's latest Windows software (not the Windows Store one). It doesn't crash or anything like that; however, I'm not the biggest fan of its UI and there are times where it doesn't Direct Play a file that both PHT and OpenPHT do.

7. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

They screwed up android playback badly on the mbps setting

8. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer

App.plex.tv doesn't work all that well compared to the chromeapp

9. Aikouka

Aikouka Lifer

I'm still using a mix of the PMP and OpenPHT. Neither of them work well, which is somewhat disappointing, but I can deal with a random crash every now and again. Although, on one of my machines, I've been running into bitstreaming problems. Every now and again, I cannot bitstream until I reboot the machine. It doesn't matter which player I'm using as I just end up with no sound on either of them (unless bitstreaming is disabled).