Hey!, I found 250 million masks!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
are you intentionally ignoring the fact that the President has the power to temporarily stop the free market in case of an emergency like this pandemic?
Not ignoring it, but this is where a world economy gets complex. The global response would normally be to surge resources to ground zero, which in this case was China. Of course, exploiters and entrepreneurs are going to find a way to profit off the crisis. The CDC only recently started to revisit the idea that all people should wear masks.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
i wish i was surprised. our leadership should have stepped in and enforced the DPA and managed our existing supply but they didn't and Americans will die because of it.

MAGA my ass.
I've really never understood if Trump actually has any real political philosophy. He's apparently got a wealthy libetopian friend giving him advice. Hell, I thought him being in love with other authoritarian leaders, and what they can do at the drop of a hat that he would have relished grabbing all this power. I'm actually completely surprised about how he's been so hands off as far as making things happen, is he just gone completely out of his depth and lost it?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
But this is not about the latest gadget or newest phone you co worker snagged instead of you, these are life and death to those who are working in the hospitals, it's in this situation the Government should assume complete control and ensure they are not sold to an overseas client at outrageous profit.

Healthcare isn’t considered a human right in the United States. Ask any chud.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
So during tonight's news conference one of Trumps team dodged this exact topic, saying he didn't want to "disrupt" the free market but will look to have Barr "crack down" on offenders. Great, they started 13 days ago, PPE has been shipped out of this country all along but don't worry, Barr is on top of this!.