Herman Cain stumbles on Libya question

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I always thought the whole focus on how President Bush pronounced "nuclear" was a bit silly. But avoiding that kind of thing shouldn't prevent us from seriously questioning when someone really can't even respond to important issues at all. At least not if they want us to vote for them for President of the United States.

Yes pretty much this. And I agree with the distinction being drawn here with Bush and the mispronunciation of "nuclear" or with various "mispeaking" gaffs. Totally different things.

I would add that the problem I have with this sort of thing, and the Perry gaff, and the various Sarah Palin issues, which are all of a piece, is not necessarily with the raw intelligence of the candidate. It's a lack of interest in/engagement with the issues. While learning all this stuff doesn't necessarily prove that you give a damn, not learning it strongly suggests that you don't. I have a real problem with that when we're talking about someone running for national office, especially POTUS. It suggests to me that the real interest is in power/celebrity, not public service.

- wolf

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Wow this guy is a fvcking idiot. Anybody defending this in any way or deflecting [you clowns know who you are] PLEASE, PLEASE respect America and do not vote in the next presidential election. You are simply too stupid to responsibly do it and we don't deserve your opinion to matter.

Cain is obviously extremely ignorant, perhaps on levels bordering Palin. He clearly doesn't read the news and has gaping holes in knowledge that an individual running for the nomination cannot possibly in good conscience have.

I bet not a single one of his competitors would have bungled this question so fantastically. He is a blithering buffoon.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Wow this guy is a fvcking idiot. Anybody defending this in any way or deflecting [you clowns know who you are] PLEASE, PLEASE respect America and do not vote in the next presidential election. You are simply too stupid to responsibly do it and we don't deserve your opinion to matter.

Cain is obviously extremely ignorant, perhaps on levels bordering Palin. He clearly doesn't read the news and has gaping holes in knowledge that an individual running for the nomination cannot possibly in good conscience have.

I bet not a single one of his competitors would have bungled this question so fantastically. He is a blithering buffoon.
How do you know that Rick Perry wouldn't have bungled this question?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Finally watched the video. It doesn't seem as bad as I expected and a lot of others.

It was pretty weaselly and evasive, which is how he is. But not a big gaffe otherwise.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
hermancain_libya.jpg

zombie cain?

blowjob?

zombie blowjob?

romney wont have to say a word to get the nomination, he'll just let cain/perry/gingrich hang themselves. paul/bachmann/huntsman were never in the running.

Onceler

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
You're nuts (like many people). I am curious why. I'd ask you to explain your pathological hatred of Obama, but expect all I'd get is drool on my monitor.

But I'm curious anyway. When did you develop hatred for him (the moment you heard his name or later?) For what reason? Where did get you get info when you started?

It's because of what he does and the people surrounding him their just plain evil the whole lot of them.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
zombie cain?

blowjob?

zombie blowjob?

romney wont have to say a word to get the nomination, he'll just let cain/perry/gingrich hang themselves. paul/bachmann/huntsman were never in the running.

That would be my guess. ;)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
jerimiah right and ayres
not to mention money from soros
he is a leftist creep

You seem to be having difficulty with the English language, when I ask you when you first started hating Obama, and where you got the information when you did.

But let's take the little you said one at a time.

Tell me what you know of what Jeremiah Wright said over decades; and what you think he said that makes you hate Obama, who broke with Wright, and where you heard it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I was wondering what happened to this story on P&N. Damn, get busy for a couple days and this post was almost off the first page (at least per my settings).

Anyway, it's obvious he has no internal understanding of world affairs. He must have a sort of photographic or associative way of recalling things. It's obvious that he was trying to pull up the talking points that he was drilled with by his handlers, but once again like Perry, he has no understanding or ownership of the information. What was funny, at least as far as his handlers and what his followers would have expected, he came up with the right talking point at one stage but, because as with Perry, he's just a vacuous vessle for anything other than thinking governing is just applying things he learned in the business world is how you govern, he threw the "I don't agree with what Obama did" out. He just did not trust his gut to know, for his followers that that was the right answer.

Damn head spinning with thoughts.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Actually..... just maybe America deserved Cain.
And a real nuclear threat from Iran or Cuba.
Then watch the panicked rats run around in circles.
While Cain gives another waba waba gemie gemie wootz wootz kabooba kanooba speech.