here's a little food for thought... you think one day USA and the M.E. will be allys?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
i mean, as much shit that we've put up with from them, and as much shit they they've put up with from us, you think one day in the future the two entities will become allied? kind of the way we are now allied with the western euro countries?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Theocracies and plutocratic leaning democracies don't mix well. Each feels threatened by the other.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
you mean in the way britain is allies with countries it used to own? same with rome? more to the point - germany after WW2?

yes, with attitude changes on both sides you can be allies with any country

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Not in any of our life times. The ME in general is hundreds of years behind the West in terms of social and political progress. It will catch up much faster, since it doesn't have to trailblaze, but these countries are all rank shit holes and there will not be a common ground any time soon.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
never happen in our lifetime......too many other countries such as Russia and china have their hands in the cookie jar........

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Also, there's this ages-old religious chasm between Islam and Christianity. And let's not even think about the fundie extremists that both sides bring to the game.

IMO, the only way we could become "allies", and I use the term loosely, is if we experience an invasion of ruthless aliens from a neighboring galaxy.

And no, I don't mean any sentient beings from across our borders either. :p

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
The United States is already allied with Middle Eastern countries such as Turkey via NATO. We also prop up the Saudi Arabian military.

Eventually, we will be supporting Iran in much the same way to provide a counter-balance to Turkey's emerging power.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The United States is already allied with Middle Eastern countries such as Turkey via NATO. We also prop up the Saudi Arabian military.

Eventually, we will be supporting Iran in much the same way to provide a counter-balance to Turkey's emerging power.

this. The ME is not one political unit. They might hate each other more than they hate the West.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
hopefully not. Unless all those idiots die first and normal peple start to live there.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Islam is not compatible with any religious or spiritual belief system that is not Islam. So, no...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I certainly have no trouble envisioning such a scenario, as I can envision, a future Israel being part of that loose coalition. As the entire mid-east has a common problem in the lack of water. And all ME nations have to work together to solve the problem in the water and energy sectors.

Look at the "cold war" fears that lasted forty years, and now the US and Russia, as a Status quo nation, has forged a basic peace with the USA.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Only way that will ever happen is if the earth is invaded by a violent alien race.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Israel is one of our closest allies. We provide aid to Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Syrian rebels, among others.

So we are already "allies" with the Middle East.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
you were allies with iran in the past no? same with afghanistan rebels, iraq too. they turned out well.

todays middle eastern allies are the ones who want to kill you tomorrow

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A revolution is taking place among people all over the world. Human consciousness is evolving. We have two basic instincts in operation as a result of our evolution, the feeling of disgust at what is different, and empathy. We are moving inexorably through time toward more inclusiveness, the triumph of empathy over difference, as we become more and more connected via instant communication. We are beginning to feel we are all human beings deserving of equal treatment rather than enemies of different tribes. Violence in the world is going down. The ethics of secular liberalism are winning. Join the progressive team of the future with hope and love. Open your frozen damaged hearts and feel again. He who will suffer will not suffer. The universe is full of magic. Vow to save all sentient beings. Your worthiness derives from your aim.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
Freaking stop abbreviating things please.

How hard is it to write Middle East.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
i mean, as much shit that we've put up with from them, and as much shit they they've put up with from us, you think one day in the future the two entities will become allied? kind of the way we are now allied with the western euro countries?

We will become allied only when and only where our national interests coincide. I.e., no, it won't be like our relationship with Britain.

I will add that I don't consider the M.E. monolithic or unified like Europe is, so the question is a bit flawed.

And we are already to some extent with some M.E. countries.

Fern

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Freaking stop abbreviating things please.

How hard is it to write Middle East.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth to Schmide, in the long long history of the world, the spelling police have never solved a single real world problem.

Jun 26, 2007

Considering what they are saying they want for the western world... no..

They want you to die you know, and everyone of us.

It wouldn't matter if you begged them not to kill you, if they had you alone they would torture you with sticks up your arse (for some reason this is ALWAYS what they do) before they set fire to you or slowly behead you.

The western world is allied because we share the same values, despite my feelings for a patch chewing born again christian retard that has the intellect of a two year old with downs syndrome i still wouldn't want you to get hurt and if you were in trouble and it'd be in my power to help you i would. If it was up to a ME resident and he'd follow the MB or Hamas or AQ or AAq or what have you then he'd rather set you on fire.

Aug 14, 2001
I wouldn't be surprised if the US allies with the Middle East in the future. It can basically shift its ties from European countries to other countries in the Middle East and eastern and southern Asia.