Help me pick a new credit card

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: MrBond
A slight note - the 5% rewards aren't going anywhere for people already enrolled in those programs with Chase, it just looks like they're not taking new cardmembers with that card. There's a good thread over at FW about it all.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=52&threadid=608888

Edit: Just checked that thread again and someone tried to apply for the Chase 5% Mastercard on ChaseCashBack.com and got an "Offer Not Available" page. Looks like those cards are done for good at Chase. I applied last Friday evening, but haven't heard anything yet.

What the people who have the current chase 5% cards don't know is their cards will eventually be converted to the new Rewards card.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
What the people who have the current chase 5% cards don't know is their cards will eventually be converted to the new Rewards card.
Do you have some inside source for that? The people over at Fatwallet that called were told their 5% rebate wasn't going anywhere, they just weren't offering it to new customers.

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
Chase is the worst credit card company on the face of the earth.

Well, at least among issuers trying to pass themselves off as prime.

Universal default is a part of lots of card issuers agreements these days, but Chase pursues it to the extreme. I've even seen people get jacked from delinquencies that don't even exist.

Long live the Citi Dividend!

Bartino

Jun 27, 2005
i have an MBNA elite rewards card and i have had really good luck with it. they have a whole load of cards though, so you should check them out

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Just thought I'd chime in. I just applied and was approved for the citi card that Ross suggested.

I have a universalcard but recently got a letter saying that they were dropping me. I should get this card shortly so all is well.

njswift10141980

Feb 12, 2005
I've had amex blue cash for about 2 years and I like it, I just have to find a visa or mastercard for the places that don't take amex

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
Looks like the Citi Dividend Platinum Select is getting a nerf:-( I just went to their site and clicked apply now and got this message:

"Changes are underway to the Citi Dividend Card, so we are unable to process your application at this time. Please check back soon for more details, or select from our other great card offers."

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
So is the citi dividend card no more?

Edit: it's been nerfed to 2% now.

Any new suggestions?