HBO's Game of Thrones season 6 discussion thread- airing 4/24/16 (No book spoilers)

Page 126 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
They got their Star Wars Trilogy contract removed. That was a billion dollar franchise that could've been even run into the ground even worse.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk
between them and jj abrams i dont know who's more disappointing. I guess JJ since he F'ed up Lost, Star Trek and Star Wars!!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
They got their Star Wars Trilogy contract removed. That was a billion dollar franchise that could've been even run into the ground even worse.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk
nope, they werent removed from the next Star Wars Trilogy.
they quit. :eek:
Netflix offered them a better deal of $250M.

Jun 18, 2000
Of all the things they fucked up in the last season Dany going full psycho was about #127 on the list of the most egregious.

She was NOT batshit crazy from the beginning. She had some violent tendencies toward people who had it coming and worked very hard to protect the innocent. And all through the entire series she was portrayed the same way, little glimpses of what she *could* become tempered with a lot of good. The light side Dany was in complete control and the dark side Dany was only used against the bad people. It wasn't that she lost her shit at the end, the part that pissed off the people who were paying attention is how abruptly and completely she lost her shit. She went from 95% good Dany and 5% dark Dany to 125% dark Dany like flipping a light switch. I believe GRRM wanted that to happen in stages and it was just another of the 1000 important plotlines that got completely swept under the rug when the showrunners fell in love with their CGI dragons and ignored EVERYTHING ELSE.

Funny how you're viewed a saint when you massacre people that had it coming. Like Tarley and his sons?

It didn't come off sudden to me at all. The insanity looked like it was bubbling just underneath the surface. And the only reason it wasn't front and center was because of her advisors holding it back. That wasn't going to last forever.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Fan edit combining Season 7+8 into 11 episodes (no need to register):

He re-arranged scenes, fixed sudden changes to character arcs, and eliminated plotlines that didn’t have a payoff.

he also eliminated some scenes:
- no Euron being an Olympic level archer and killing a dragon with his 1st shot
- no Jaimie being stabbed multiple times by Euron and still walking all the way from the caves to Cersai in the castle like he only just had a scratch
- etc

He did take some artistic liberties however:
- added a couple of voiceovers which gave the scenes more sense
- made Bran slightly more useful. (it wasnt anything major)

Last edited:

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
Gosh, it's been 1 year and this still pisses me off. GoT has the most bitter sweet ending because essentially it's a superb series with a utterly terrible finals season.

It's not how it ends that is bad but how we get there. Way to quickly. The white walker build up starts with the start of the show and then just suddenly ends in a relativley easily won battle with a Deus ex machina (Arya) killing the night king. Bran essentially useless besides being bait.
Also terrible are the dialogs between Varys and Tyrion in the final season. No more "double-speak" with plausible deniability. Just blur out what they think.
Why they banish Jon at all makes no sense after the unsullied decided to leave. They were the only ones that really cared.

I have to stop. This still gets me fuming and I can't even think of rewatching GoT anytime soon.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm still disappointed by the ending too, and just the way they rushed the end. Honestly I think this show could have lasted at least 10 seasons with proper writing. Part of me was sad because the show came to an end, period, and another part of me was sad because of how crappy the ending was. If it came to an end more gracefully and less rushed I think it would have been much better. I think of shows like Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad, I was sad to see the shows end, but they ended so perfectly that there was good closure.

Not so much with Got. It felt so rushed and half assed. The production itself was well done, from the acting, cinematics, music etc. it was the storyline itself.

For a blast from the past... still one of my favourite scenes:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Aria's sex scene:
Maisie Williams got naked onscreen for the first time. However according to sources on the set there was much more to Maisie’s nude scene then what aired on television, as producers cut most of it.

But there was a leaked pic.
She does have perky zero sag boobs! :eek:
(if it's not shopped)

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Aria's sex scene:
Maisie Williams got naked onscreen for the first time. However according to sources on the set there was much more to Maisie’s nude scene then what aired on television, as producers cut most of it.

But there was a leaked pic.
She does have perky zero sag boobs! :eek:
(if it's not shopped)

Who cares. Stupid scene.