Have you wondered what could have caused AG Barr, formerly known as a man of integrity by many, to become a Trump Sucophant and supine boot licker?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think I've found my answer here:

He sees the world through the eyes of a fanatic who fears the end of vital sacred moral beliefs and like any other fanatic has placed his belief in his and Trump's moral superiority and the politics they represent above any other notion of right and wrong. What they aim for is the ultimate moral good and a secular state is the enemy. He's just another Taliban in legal clothing issuing one fatwa after another. Evil is just fine so long as you are acting for the ultimate good. This is the mental illness that infects the right, the certainty of absolutism, as if the Good really needs anybody's help. All Mighty Holy Father, let me bask in your light and be your executioner.

"But son, my message was love."

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Please change your title, it’s misleading. As others have said, Barr has never had integrity. The fact that he is also a fundi, isn’t the least bit surprising.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Man of integrity would not be in the post-Nixon Republican party by definition. How does a person of integrity justify being in a party whose main electoral "southern" strategy is to exploit white resentment about Civil Rights Act and the end of Jim Crow and segregation? He doesn't.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My my, a tough audience. I hope you are aware as I think I am, of the number of people that appear on MSNBC and were former DOJ employees etc., who were dumbfounded and completely surprised at his transformation, people who worked for him and gave him credit for integrity. I mean, I know, liberals are smarter than everybody else. They see the real Barr a mile away. I wasn't, apparently, in that elite group and had some serious questions as to what could account for his seemingly sudden transformation noted by so many I have heard speak to it in amazement.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Damn I feel old.
I remember back in the old timey days where Barr was a known scumbag.

The man who wrote the legal rationale for the Gulf War, the Panama invasion, and the officially sanctioned kidnapping of foreign nationals abroad

A senior career DOJ official confirmed the “wholesale destruction” of documents in another division of the Justice Department as well. “It started immediately after the election and is more extensive than anything in anyone’s memory,” he told us. “There are a lot of records to purge. Here you have twelve years – Inslaw, BCCI, BNL, etc., and the stonewalling of Meese and Thornburgh and Barr. There’s been no time since Roosevelt that you have had this long a period of continuity. Never in this century has there been such a record of malfeasance.”

“There is no record left of the files or what they contained,”he added. “The notion of being a historian and going back into these files just disappeared.”

The shredding occurred against a backdrop of chaos at the Department of justice. The DOJ was awash in allegations of deception, cover-up, perjury, theft, and obstruction of justice. Even as Attorney General William Barr was refusing to comply with congressional demands for an independent special prosecutor to investigate the BNL case, his Justice Department was under investigation by FBI Director William Sessions, who was himself briefly the target of a DOJ criminal probe.

It was the beginning of the end at the Justice Department, where dirty politics had long since displaced blind justice. Although every administration bends the rules and politicizes government agencies to some extent, rarely has an agency been as compromised and corrupted as was the Department of Justice – the nation’s top cop and prosecutor – during the Reagan-Bush years. This corruption at the pinnacle of the U.S. legal system will threaten President-elect Clinton from the moment he takes office.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My my, a tough audience. I hope you are aware as I think I am, of the number of people that appear on MSNBC and were former DOJ employees etc., who were dumbfounded and completely surprised at his transformation, people who worked for him and gave him credit for integrity. I mean, I know, liberals are smarter than everybody else. They see the real Barr a mile away. I wasn't, apparently, in that elite group and had some serious questions as to what could account for his seemingly sudden transformation noted by so many I have heard speak to it in amazement.
Cable news is for people who don't know nothing about nothing. DOJ employees if I had to guess are roughly 110% conservatives, give or take 1%. In other words, they are also morons. Just because Trump is a super moron that even morons can identify doesn't make them suddenly not morons. Barr is and always has been a sneaky shit so regular morons are easily fooled. Trump showed Barr he doesn't even have to be sneaky anymore. So what if morons are calling him out? There are 60 million super morons just itching to go to rallies to worship super moron number 1.

Mac29

Jun 2, 2010
Too bad those old timey memories don't persist. Absolutism is the operative word.

The issue is the raw pursuit of power. Some of these A holes like Jim Jordan and Mitch come from slightly different perspectives but like a majority of the GOP, they think they can bamboozle the majority all of the time w/this Kabuki sh*t. You can plainly see they don't really believe it. It just astounds me, it shouldn't at this point, that Barr will return from pleading his case to Hearst, urr I mean Murdock, and that stubborn 'I don't wanna know' 34% just will refuse to see it for what it is.

The pervasiveness of this business, as my grandad would've characterized it, is gonna get worse. GOP is going to hide and hope they get re-elected and damn the consequences. This is how fascism creeps in and destroys rights and laws that millions fought and died for. These Federalist judges that think "only we" can correctly interpret the Constitution are going to destroy what's left of the country.

Started w/Ronnie Raygun. Now I'll give you he and Casey accomplished a few things. But at what cost? Just like I think some good has come out of The Putz's administration that would've never happened under HRC. But that doesn't excuse how much is swirling around the toilet bowl right now.

Virtually every word out of The Mouth, and all of his cabal's pronouncements are doublethink. All we need is Night of the Long Knives. These guys should all be in jail. Subversion on steroids and every inch closer to the truth entails another 168 tweets of "traitors, coup, overthrow" in order to misdirect. Nothing to see here, move along, before we hopefully get a look at Deutsche Bank loans in his taxes, from Putin's minions that will undoubtedly prove interesting. Hotel deal, unattended meetings - even in the WH - , monies taken from programs for helping Nato defense and vets to use for the wall. Now pull out and leave the Kurds in Syria for Erdogan to jump while 10k ISIS prisoners maybe stay put.

You think just one more strategic hand off to Putin will get more of the hordes thinking what stinks here but they'll just walk around it, like dog doo in NYC or Paris, and think to themselves how they are the chosen.

Personally if I were in I'd bring back the Fairness Doctrine, throw out the FCC crooks and scale back ownership size but looks like we're headed towards maybe 3 companies controlling major media in this country. Lord help us.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
:
Cable news is for people who don't know nothing about nothing.

M: I hadn't known that.

d: DOJ employees if I had to guess are roughly 110% conservatives, give or take 1%.

M: I hadn't known that either.

d: In other words, they are also morons.

d: Just because Trump is a super moron that even morons can identify doesn't make them suddenly not morons.

d: Barr is and always has been a sneaky shit so regular morons are easily fooled.

M: I didn't know that either.

d: Trump showed Barr he doesn't even have to be sneaky anymore.

M: I must have missed seeing him do that.

d: So what if morons are calling him out? There are 60 million super morons just itching to go to rallies to worship super moron number 1.

M: I suppose that's a logical conclusion one would easily make given the above information. Personally, I'm not convinced.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Perknose and dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Cable news is for people who don't know nothing about nothing.

d: DOJ employees if I had to guess are roughly 110% conservatives, give or take 1%.

M: I hadn't known that either.

d: In other words, they are also morons.

d: Just because Trump is a super moron that even morons can identify doesn't make them suddenly not morons.

d: Barr is and always has been a sneaky shit so regular morons are easily fooled.

M: I didn't know that either.

d: Trump showed Barr he doesn't even have to be sneaky anymore.

M: I must have missed seeing him do that.

d: So what if morons are calling him out? There are 60 million super morons just itching to go to rallies to worship super moron number 1.

M: I suppose that's a logical conclusion one would easily make given the above information. Personally, I'm not convinced
I think you did know these things. I think you just didn't want to know them, and that you realize you have known these things all along. As for Barr, the only reason I knew he was a scumbag is because we discussed these things right here in this very forum when he was first selected by Trump.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There are a non-trivial number of old lawyers and politicians who have totally absolved themselves of the problems facing the country despite having long worked to cause them. Blaming it on a lack of belief in god is them trying to self righteously sucker you out of that understanding.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Cable news is for people who don't know nothing about nothing. DOJ employees if I had to guess are roughly 110% conservatives, give or take 1%. In other words, they are also morons. Just because Trump is a super moron that even morons can identify doesn't make them suddenly not morons. Barr is and always has been a sneaky shit so regular morons are easily fooled. Trump showed Barr he doesn't even have to be sneaky anymore. So what if morons are calling him out? There are 60 million super morons just itching to go to rallies to worship super moron number 1.
One of the main reasons a leftist democrat like Michael Moore predicted a Trump victory is that he put away any echo chamber prejudices he may have had and traveled to parts of the country that are dismissed as deplorables,

perhaps if more self-righteous liberal types came down from their high and mighty lofts in their ivory towers full of celebrities and virtue signaling social justice warrior types and mingled with the little people and listened to their concerns instead of lumping them together as some homogeneous conservative brain defective group like the DOJ in the above example, maybe, just maybe Trump wouldn't be President.

donationsgraphic.png

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
One of the main reasons a leftist democrat like Michael Moore predicted a Trump victory is that he put away any echo chamber prejudices he may have had and traveled to parts of the country that are dismissed as deplorables,

perhaps if more self-righteous liberal types came down from their high and mighty lofts in their ivory towers full of celebrities and virtue signaling social justice warrior types and mingled with the little people and listened to their concerns instead of lumping them together as some homogeneous conservative brain defective group like the DOJ in the above example, maybe, just maybe Trump wouldn't be President.
If Trump's conduct in office is not sufficient reason for Trump's 2016 voters to seek another candidate in 2020 then f' em, they are beyond hope.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

donationsgraphic.png
I know, I know. It's all Democrats' faults that conservatives are the way they are.

Conservatives also make a huge mistake assuming that someone donating to Hillary's campaign means they must be a liberal or that they must not be a conservative. You forget the possibility that they were conservatives who weren't stupid enough not to see the warning signs with Trump.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My my, a tough audience. [...] ...what could account for his seemingly sudden transformation noted by so many I have heard speak to it in amazement.
So, prior to reading all these paeans to Barr from co-workers, I'm guessing you were unaware of his history of criminal malfeasance described by pauldun170 links in post #7?

"“There is no record left of the files or what they contained,”he added. “The notion of being a historian and going back into these files just disappeared.”

The shredding occurred against a backdrop of chaos at the Department of justice. The DOJ was awash in allegations of deception, cover-up, perjury, theft, and obstruction of justice. Even as Attorney General William Barr was refusing to comply with congressional demands for an independent special prosecutor to investigate the BNL case, his Justice Department was under investigation by FBI Director William Sessions, who was himself briefly the target of a DOJ criminal probe.

It was the beginning of the end at the Justice Department, where dirty politics had long since displaced blind justice. Although every administration bends the rules and politicizes government agencies to some extent, rarely has an agency been as compromised and corrupted as was the Department of Justice – the nation’s top cop and prosecutor – during the Reagan-Bush years."

^^^Do you dismiss the story in his linked sources? If not, can you now agree, by his actions, that Barr has always been an immoral criminal scumbag partisan political operative, ready and willing to do the very worst of the dirty work?

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think you did know these things. I think you just didn't want to know them, and that you realize you have known these things all along. As for Barr, the only reason I knew he was a scumbag is because we discussed these things right here in this very forum when he was first selected by Trump.
I think that maybe the problem we are having is that you are focused on who Barr is and the language you use to define that and I am interested in why he is what he is so that I can define him at a motivational level of understanding. You are into how bad he is, it seems to me, and I am interested in what about him could account for why many perceive him in a presently more negative light. It isn't of importance to me as to how long he has been whatever it is that he is, but why he is willing to take Trump's side over the actual findings in the Mueller report, among other things.

You are happy with 'he's a piece of shit'. I don't disagree with that. I want to know why he went down that road. I am now satisfied I know why. He believes in an evil that is the product of his own head, terrified to learn the truth isn't what he thinks it is, fearful the truth will become what some subjective lunatic liberal says it is. I know now what the enemy is and how to address it. Millions and millions of people have the same disease.

How would you define and challenge it? Your answer, it seems to me is to call him evil whereas I see a machine with a broken piece.

What emotion does or should reality evoke? Could it possible be rational to feel contempt for others if in fact they are just broken machines? Do you know what you really feel or why?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So, prior to reading all these paeans to Barr from co-workers, I'm guessing you were unaware of his history of criminal malfeasance described by pauldun170 links in post #7?

"“There is no record left of the files or what they contained,”he added. “The notion of being a historian and going back into these files just disappeared.”

It was the beginning of the end at the Justice Department, where dirty politics had long since displaced blind justice. Although every administration bends the rules and politicizes government agencies to some extent, rarely has an agency been as compromised and corrupted as was the Department of Justice – the nation’s top cop and prosecutor – during the Reagan-Bush years."

^^^Do you dismiss the story in his linked sources? If not, can you now agree, by his actions, that Barr has always been an immoral criminal scumbag partisan political operative, ready and willing to do the very worst of the dirty work?
Just seeing this post now after replying to dank. Hope it answers some of your questions. I edited my title as requested to imply 'many' saw him as having integrity, not that the feeling was universal as it may have sounded. My opinion of him clearly is that he is a sycophantic boot licker. Barr auditioned for the appointment and was opposed my Democrats. I am of the opinion that if Trump likes you it's the curse of death.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

donationsgraphic.png

Yeah, all those filthy liberals at Defence, DHS, and Veteran Affairs have to check themselves.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

donationsgraphic.png

Hate liberals much??

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Answer is easy. He never had integrity. Nobody with an ounce of it would work for this racist scumbag.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Answer is easy. He never had integrity. Nobody with an ounce of it would work for this racist scumbag.
A little too easy for my taste, sorry. I also do not accept the idea he was born with no capacity for integrity. I think he had to have lost it somewhere.