Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Had the booster jab. Pfizer this time. Side-effects far more severe than with the original jabs (AZ). Felt like a really bad hangover for a couple of days. Don't know if that's Pfizer vs AZ or if it's that a third jab produces a stronger response than the first two, but the first two I barely noticed, this one I felt like crap for over a day.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Anandtech experts been saying no court would stop it being how obvious it's constitutional. We will soon see what happens but many companies will not institute it if this is blocked. Those that just announced that they are instituting doing only because OSHA regulation came out and i suspect if it's blocked, many of them will change their tone.

What vaccine mandates has SCOTUS stopped so far? Maine, NJ, NY? If the outcome here is so obviously what you's saying the court should give some indication of their agreement.

Everybody expected shenanigans from the 5th who's order doesn't even apply any legal test and is basically "well we just don't like it".

My opinion hasn't changed. I expect the government to prevail in the end.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Had the booster jab. Pfizer this time. Side-effects far more severe than with the original jabs (AZ). Felt like a really bad hangover for a couple of days. Don't know if that's Pfizer vs AZ or if it's that a third jab produces a stronger response than the first two, but the first two I barely noticed, this one I felt like crap for over a day.

Think it's the combination of both, but maybe the mRNA shots produce something in you that AZ didn't. I felt lousy for a day-plus after my second mRNA shot (Moderna). Gonna have to brace myself whenever it's time for a booster.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I wonder how morons are gonna engineer themselves into rejecting this medicine and continue shoving horse meds up their asses

Seriously though… could be game over for the virus…

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I understand (and applaud) your abundance of concern. However, I would advise your wife to be careful about forcing her employee to remain absent longer than the CDC guidlines, especially if she lacks enough sick leave to keep getting paid. I am not a lawyer, but I would think your wife could end up with legal problems if she enforces an unpaid absence past the CDC guidlines.

Edit: here is a link to the official CDC guidlines, updated 09.14.21. There is a case for 20 day quarantine, but only if the person was "severely ill". link
Yeah, it'd make everyone's life easier to just fire her for being stupid.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Think it's the combination of both, but maybe the mRNA shots produce something in you that AZ didn't. I felt lousy for a day-plus after my second mRNA shot (Moderna). Gonna have to brace myself whenever it's time for a booster.

I had the Moderna 1st and 2nd doses and then a week or so ago I had the booster and it was only sore at the injection site for a day. Everyone is different I suppose. Hope yours goes well.

Reactions: cytg111

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
What vaccine mandates has SCOTUS stopped so far? Maine, NJ, NY? If the outcome here is so obviously what you's saying the court should give some indication of their agreement.

Everybody expected shenanigans from the 5th who's order doesn't even apply any legal test and is basically "well we just don't like it".

My opinion hasn't changed. I expect the government to prevail in the end.
SCOTUS haven't stopped any mandate yet as all appeal on mandate were from state or schools which is covered under 1905 ruling. Federal mandate especially using OSHA EFT is different . There is no test applied by the 5th circuit as they haven't issued their ruling. For now it's temp injunction and after both side have a chances to submit their legal briefs court will issue a ruling which will ultimately go to SCOTUS.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
As someone who traveled across the country around this time last year, things were definitely not normal and they are much different now, in large part due to the vaccine that you somehow convinced yourself was dangerous.
I never said vaccine was/is dangerous. I did same at one point that i want to wait and see what if any issues come up but i never said it was dangerous. At this point it's very clear that vaccine is extremely safe.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
SCOTUS haven't stopped any mandate yet as all appeal on mandate were from state or schools which is covered under 1905 ruling. Federal mandate especially using OSHA EFT is different . There is no test applied by the 5th circuit as they haven't issued their ruling. For now it's temp injunction and after both side have a chances to submit their legal briefs court will issue a ruling which will ultimately go to SCOTUS.

lol

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I wonder how morons are gonna engineer themselves into rejecting this medicine and continue shoving horse meds up their asses

There will never be game over for this virus, it's with humanity for good most likely.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
In that case here you go link
" federal appeals court temporarily blocked the Biden administration's new vaccine rules that could apply to larger employers, certain health care workers and federal contractors.
In the brief order, a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said that the petitioners in the case -- Republican-led states and private businesses -- "give cause to believe there are grave statutory and constitutional issues with the Mandate."
And your point is? A political rather than scientific or even constitutional decision. There is already a strong precedent that vaccine mandates are constitutional.
I just dont get this country. A sizeable portion seems to be perfectly willing to let the virus continue to spread unchecked, with the attendant sickness and deaths, simply to make a political point and to make the present administration look bad. [URL = https://ctmirror.org/category/ct-viewpoints/no-vaccine-mandates-are-not-unconstitutional/] link [/URL]

Even though there are breakthrough infections and even a few deaths in the vaccinated, the rate of infection and transmission is still far less than in the unvaccinated, and widespread vaccination the best way to slow the pandemic.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I had the Moderna 1st and 2nd doses and then a week or so ago I had the booster and it was only sore at the injection site for a day. Everyone is different I suppose. Hope yours goes well.

That's good to know. Thanks. Certainly hope it's the same for me!

Reactions: pcgeek11
Feb 4, 2009
Came to report had my Moderna booster on Thursday and it kicked my ass as much as the second dose. Slept most of Friday. Saturday morning I felt normal.
What I am saying, plan on feeling sore or tired or sick the day after.
I have zero regrets about feeling sore & tired from the vaccine.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
That really depends which state you want to compare to. In many states there were not that many restrictions, public ignored CDC no travel advice and traveled during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. While many states had mask mandate, in many of the red states they were not actively being enforced. The reality is except for available vaccine large part of the country were back to normal at this time last year. While state like New York, California had mandatory quartine for visitors in to the states or those that left the state, the reality is there was no real way to enforce it.
For one example, ask someone in the NFL how many people were in stadiums across the country for games last year compared to this year.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
There will never be game over for this virus, it's with humanity for good most likely.
Yea but even with 80%+ vaccination rate Delta is so vicious that winter season is gonna be like with constraints again, covid passes and all that bullshit... Another 90% virus killer is a game changer.
You get the shot and if you catch a breakthrough case, you pop these pills ... At this point I assume you're ~ or below lethality of the regular flu.

The shot + these pills -> back to normal.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
And your point is? A political rather than scientific or even constitutional decision. There is already a strong precedent that vaccine mandates are constitutional.
I just dont get this country. A sizeable portion seems to be perfectly willing to let the virus continue to spread unchecked, with the attendant sickness and deaths, simply to make a political point and to make the present administration look bad. [URL = https://ctmirror.org/category/ct-viewpoints/no-vaccine-mandates-are-not-unconstitutional/] link [/URL]

Even though there are breakthrough infections and even a few deaths in the vaccinated, the rate of infection and transmission is still far less than in the unvaccinated, and widespread vaccination the best way to slow the pandemic.
Is there really a difference between political or constitutional decision when ultimately this days it's one in the same. SCOTUS will rule on ideological belief same as they did in many of the cases. If conservative justice of the court feel this is not something they agree on , that is how they will make a ruling.

Feb 4, 2009

I want to believe the anti Vax folks would at least take this however, they want a magical & cheap over the counter cure that simply doesn’t exist. They want a magical cure, this drug is not “magical” it is a highly engineered and expensive HIV drug.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I want to believe the anti Vax folks would at least take this however, they want a magical & cheap over the counter cure that simply doesn’t exist. They want a magical cure, this drug is not “magical” it is a highly engineered and expensive HIV drug.
Is that the pill that costs $17 to make and sells for $700?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004

The booster was Moderna also? I'm thinking about getting the Pfizer since I had the Moderna first two shots. Not sure yet.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Is there really a difference between political or constitutional decision when ultimately this days it's one in the same. SCOTUS will rule on ideological belief same as they did in many of the cases. If conservative justice of the court feel this is not something they agree on , that is how they will make a ruling.
Well, two of the judges who made the decision were appointed by Trump. So were some members of the supreme court, but there are also liberal and "moderate" justices on the Supreme Court. And despite their being pushed through by Trump, McConnell, et.al. they have not always voted as the Repugs would have expected.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Came to report had my Moderna booster on Thursday and it kicked my ass as much as the second dose. Slept most of Friday. Saturday morning I felt normal.
What I am saying, plan on feeling sore or tired or sick the day after.
I have zero regrets about feeling sore & tired from the vaccine.
Damnit then im gonna tank too… second dose was an ass whooping for 1 day..

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Anandtech experts been saying no court would stop it being how obvious it's constitutional. We will soon see what happens but many companies will not institute it if this is blocked. Those that just announced that they are instituting doing only because OSHA regulation came out and i suspect if it's blocked, many of them will change their tone.

Is anyone here REALLY going to lose any sleep if MAGAts want to off themselves.? If nothing else, the mandate is very altruistic, but the bottom line is you can't save the stupid.

I say leave the whole thing to Charlie, he'll deal with it.

1636370389232.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cytg111