Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Edit: I am so frustrated with the "dont want to put something I dont know about into my body" anti vaxers. They better not be smokers

LOL won't put a shot in their arm but will put radioactive polonium in their lungs.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Should he have made it January 6 instead to meme on the insurrectionists?

lol I follow a number of righty people just to see what they are saying and they're going incomprehensibly bananas

Even though the new reg has a weekly testing opt out....

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Should he have made it January 6 instead to meme on the insurrectionists?

Say hello to lawsuits. This will never see the light of day as it will get blocked by the courts.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Say hello to lawsuits. This will never see the light of day as it will get blocked by the courts.

You often say things like this with no basis.

Anyway the legal consensus seems to be that the structure of the regulation which is basically a testing/mask mandate (with a vax escape hatch) not a vaccination mandate is likely to withstand challenge.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
You often say things like this with no basis.

Anyway the legal consensus seems to be that the structure of the regulation which is basically a testing/mask mandate (with a vax escape hatch) not a vaccination mandate is likely to withstand challenge.
We will find out who is right and who is wrong soon enough as i am sure we will not have to wait for initial court rulings to happen.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
We got the email from my employer today. Of course the howling started immediately, even though there is the option to be tested weekly and a mask requirement in lieu of the vaccine.

Reactions: snoopy7548

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
We got the email from my employer today. Of course the howling started immediately, even though there is the option to be tested weekly and a mask requirement in lieu of the vaccine.

My employer is putting it into effect 12/8, with a choice of get the vaccine (employer will assist and pay) or get tested weekly (employee will pay, and on their own time).

Same goes for anyone entering the building - they must be fully vaccinated or they are denied entry.

I expect lots of whining and a few people to quit, but eh, that's much cheaper than paying the fines.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
My employer is putting it into effect 12/8, with a choice of get the vaccine (employer will assist and pay) or get tested weekly (employee will pay, and on their own time).

Same goes for anyone entering the building - they must be fully vaccinated or they are denied entry.

I expect lots of whining and a few people to quit, but eh, that's much cheaper than paying the fines.
My employer already offers the damn vaccine on site (we have a Dr's office for our facility).
Our internal survey indicated ~80% vaccination, but I imagine it's a bit lower (I am assuming some people lied on the survey)

On the plus side I just got my next 5g chip installed. Pretty soon I'll be a mobile cell tower!

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
My company asked all vaccinated people to upload their cards to the employee health portal, non-vaccinated folks are not allowed on site anymore. If your exemption was denied and you're not vaccinated you're getting the banhammer and it's started already.

All new hires must prove vax status.

County recently lifted mask mandate and HR followed suit but I hear from folks on site almost everyone is still masked. My work can be a pain in the ass sometimes but the people and culture are pretty amazing.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I am all for it. Only thing that disappoints me is that it does not go into effect immediately.
In that case here you go link
" federal appeals court temporarily blocked the Biden administration's new vaccine rules that could apply to larger employers, certain health care workers and federal contractors.
In the brief order, a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said that the petitioners in the case -- Republican-led states and private businesses -- "give cause to believe there are grave statutory and constitutional issues with the Mandate."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
My company asked all vaccinated people to upload their cards to the employee health portal, non-vaccinated folks are not allowed on site anymore. If your exemption was denied and you're not vaccinated you're getting the banhammer and it's started already.

All new hires must prove vax status.

County recently lifted mask mandate and HR followed suit but I hear from folks on site almost everyone is still masked. My work can be a pain in the ass sometimes but the people and culture are pretty amazing.

Company I work for mandated masks three weeks ago with weekly testing allowed. Our shift hours went from 8/5 to 10/4 with Wednesdays off to allow the folks being tested time off to get tested between the 48hr. dwell times, of which they pay out of pocket. By now almost all of the people that refused to vaccinate have taken the shots. The few holdouts left have either kept to the testing regimen or quit their jobs. So that has allowed us to go back to the normal 8/5 shifts, day/swing/night. Comp time/make up time got provided for those still opting for testing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We will find out who is right and who is wrong soon enough as i am sure we will not have to wait for initial court rulings to happen.
I mean if you look back you thought mandates weren’t going to happen at all despite us telling you they were obvious and inevitable.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
In that case here you go link
" federal appeals court temporarily blocked the Biden administration's new vaccine rules that could apply to larger employers, certain health care workers and federal contractors.
In the brief order, a three-judge panel on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said that the petitioners in the case -- Republican-led states and private businesses -- "give cause to believe there are grave statutory and constitutional issues with the Mandate."
No one ever claimed conservatives couldn’t find a court that would temporarily block it (they filed with the 5th circuit for exactly this reason - it’s ultra right wing), just that the mandate will win in the end because it’s obviously within the fed’s powers.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
No one ever claimed conservatives couldn’t find a court that would temporarily block it (they filed with the 5th circuit for exactly this reason - it’s ultra right wing), just that the mandate will win in the end because it’s obviously within the fed’s powers.
If appeal court stops it, next step is SCOTUS. SCOTUS is conservative.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If appeal court stops it, next step is SCOTUS. SCOTUS is conservative.
Right, but this is so obviously within federal authority that SCOTUS would need to take drastic and radical steps to overturn it. This is unlikely. People arguing otherwise are just wishcasting.

Reactions: hal2kilo

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Right, but this is so obviously within federal authority that SCOTUS would need to take drastic and radical steps to overturn it. This is unlikely. People arguing otherwise are just wishcasting.
You need to read up on history of OSHA using emergency temporary standard. It haven't been issued since 1978 except for one they issued last summer for mask. Only 1 emergency standard survived court fight Vistron Corp. v. OSHA . Basically federal courts been blocking OSHA on ETS.

"According to the Court, any ETS should balance the emergency protections against their “effect upon economic and market conditions in the industry.” In that case, while the Fifth Circuit acknowledged that there was “substantial evidence” that the farmworkers exposed to the pesticide residue “may experience headache, fatigue, and vertigo,” those issues did not rise to the level of a “grave danger.” Instead, a “grave danger” necessitating an emergency measure should refer to “the danger of incurable, permanent, or fatal consequences to workers,” not “easily curable and fleeting effects on workers’ health….” Failing that, an ETS will not withstand judicial scrutiny. "
link

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You need to read up on history of OSHA using emergency temporary standard. It haven't been issued since 1978 except for one they issued last summer for mask. Only 1 emergency standard survived court fight Vistron Corp. v. OSHA . Basically federal courts been blocking OSHA on ETS.

"According to the Court, any ETS should balance the emergency protections against their “effect upon economic and market conditions in the industry.” In that case, while the Fifth Circuit acknowledged that there was “substantial evidence” that the farmworkers exposed to the pesticide residue “may experience headache, fatigue, and vertigo,” those issues did not rise to the level of a “grave danger.” Instead, a “grave danger” necessitating an emergency measure should refer to “the danger of incurable, permanent, or fatal consequences to workers,” not “easily curable and fleeting effects on workers’ health….” Failing that, an ETS will not withstand judicial scrutiny. "
link
I wonder if a virus that’s killed 700,000 Americans might be considered a grave danger when headaches are not, lol.

Like I said, you’re wishcasting. Just like before when you said few to no employers would institute vaccine mandates it was because you didn’t want them to despite it being obvious that lots of employers would.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I wonder if a virus that’s killed 700,000 Americans might be considered a grave danger when headaches are not, lol.

Like I said, you’re wishcasting. Just like before when you said few to no employers would institute vaccine mandates it was because you didn’t want them to despite it being obvious that lots of employers would.
Anandtech experts been saying no court would stop it being how obvious it's constitutional. We will soon see what happens but many companies will not institute it if this is blocked. Those that just announced that they are instituting doing only because OSHA regulation came out and i suspect if it's blocked, many of them will change their tone.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Anandtech experts been saying no court would stop it being how obvious it's constitutional. We will soon see what happens but many companies will not institute it if this is blocked. Those that just announced that they are instituting doing only because OSHA regulation came out and i suspect if it's blocked, many of them will change their tone.
I’m not aware of a single person saying no court would block it - in fact if memory serves the prediction was exactly that conservatives would find a friendly court that would block it, just that it would win in the end because it’s obviously within their authority.

As for the vaccine mandates they are coming for tons of places with or without OSHA. You can just admit to being wrong about that, you know.

Isn’t it good you were wrong too? Life is returning to normal in the US primarily because of the vaccines you fought so hard against.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I’m not aware of a single person saying no court would block it - in fact if memory serves the prediction was exactly that conservatives would find a friendly court that would block it, just that it would win in the end because it’s obviously within their authority.

As for the vaccine mandates they are coming for tons of places with or without OSHA. You can just admit to being wrong about that, you know.

Isn’t it good you were wrong too? Life is returning to normal in the US primarily because of the vaccines you fought so hard against.
There is nothing for me to admit, as of this moment OSHA regulation is currently being blocked. I always admitted and will continue to admit that state can issue regulations as that been settled by 1905 court ruling. Federal government can make contractors, military etc get vaccinated. The only thing i disagree is OSHA and with current SCOTUS court i am not seeing it actually going the way many Liberals want it to go.

Regarding life returning to normal, that all depends on your definition, for example LA County director claims that mask mandate will be in place through 2022. link

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There is nothing for me to admit, as of this moment OSHA regulation is currently being blocked. I always admitted and will continue to admit that state can issue regulations as that been settled by 1905 court ruling. Federal government can make contractors, military etc get vaccinated. The only thing i disagree is OSHA and with current SCOTUS court i am not seeing it actually going the way many Liberals want it to go.

Regarding life returning to normal, that all depends on your definition, for example LA County director claims that mask mandate will be in place through 2022. link
Compare life today to life a year ago, lol.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Compare life today to life a year ago, lol.
That really depends which state you want to compare to. In many states there were not that many restrictions, public ignored CDC no travel advice and traveled during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. While many states had mask mandate, in many of the red states they were not actively being enforced. The reality is except for available vaccine large part of the country were back to normal at this time last year. While state like New York, California had mandatory quartine for visitors in to the states or those that left the state, the reality is there was no real way to enforce it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That really depends which state you want to compare to. In many states there were not that many restrictions, public ignored CDC no travel advice and traveled during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. While many states had mask mandate, in many of the red states they were not actively being enforced. The reality is except for available vaccine large part of the country were back to normal at this time last year. While state like New York, California had mandatory quartine for visitors in to the states or those that left the state, the reality is there was no real way to enforce it.
As someone who traveled across the country around this time last year, things were definitely not normal and they are much different now, in large part due to the vaccine that you somehow convinced yourself was dangerous.