Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 77 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Anti-vaxxers—is this what you’ve been waiting for? Or, will you find some other excuse not to take an experimental drug from Big Pharma??

They seem to like the monoclonals judging by how they've absolutely decimated the supply so they'll probably take an antiviral pill too. A couple other companies have trials running so could see some combos if those pan out also. Pills to keep these idiots out of the ICUs and spending less time in hospitals so the rest of humanity can actually get medical care would be pretty good.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
They seem to like the monoclonals judging by how they've absolutely decimated the supply so they'll probably take an antiviral pill too. A couple other companies have trials running so could see some combos if those pan out also. Pills to keep these idiots out of the ICUs and spending less time in hospitals so the rest of humanity can actually get medical care would be pretty good.
The irony though of them rushing to take a brand new treatment while complaining about how the vaccine was "rushed".

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Anti-vaxxers—is this what you’ve been waiting for? Or, will you find some other excuse not to take an experimental drug from Big Pharma??

Well I certainly hope it took decades to develop and has been tested for at least 4 years. Wouldn't want them to have to take something developed and tested in only a year... they can't trust what's in it, and if it is safe without long-term effects.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
If boosters are available--and I'd prefer Moderna, having had two shots of Pfizer--I'll be doing what I can to get one pretty soon as I near the six-month mark.
Lucky here in Canada, we offered mix doses. So if boosters are offered, wonder if I could get a 3rd different vaccine? Got AZ in May. Moderna in July. Well won't be something that will need to be considered until January

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I was really hoping to not be back in this thread but I saw this today:

Effectiveness of mRNA BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine up to 6 months in a large integrated health system in the USA: a retrospective cohort study - The Lancet

Given I'm a few days shy of 7 months from dose #2 I went straight to CVS and got Pfizer #3. Appointments seem to be readily available I had no issues getting one ~2 hours out though they were definitely filling the slots as I was going through the registration. Much simpler/quicker experience than the megasite back in Feb/Mar, not even an enforced wait just 'wander around the store for a while and if you feel OK you can leave.'

Based on #2 I expect to have a fun day tomorrow.

Viper GTS

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oh boy. Had my annual on Friday. Got a flu and a Shingrix jab in my left arm, and a Covid booster in the right arm. Holy hell!. My left arm hurt the worst. Standing up was actually an effort. Did nothing for the rest of that day. Saturday, the equilibrium stuff was gone, but both arms still hurt like hell.
Today, I think I will live. Still a bit sore in both arms though. Basically, the booster hit me about the same as the initial COVID jabs.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
It's been over 6 months since I got my 2nd Moderna shot. I'm wondering if I should try for my booster yet, or wait and see for a bit. Got a covid test Sunday scheduled because I have a colonoscopy Monday, ugh.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
my state department of health called me to setup a covid booster shot. scheduled for not this weekend but the following.
thank you competent government!!

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
We got our Pfizer booster the first day it was available. The county ran a drive-thru vaccine site. Spent more time filling out the form than anything else. Didn't ask us to hang around for 15 min after.

Two weeks later, we got our flu vaccine at a Walgreens. Odd that you needed an appointment to get a COVID shot there, but flu was walk in.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Got my Moderna booster jab today at Publix. They were one day out on scheduling. My arm is a little sore. It’s been six months since my Moderna #2.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Got my Moderna booster jab today at Publix. They were one day out on scheduling. My arm is a little sore. It’s been six months since my Moderna #2.
Enjoy getting vaccinated every 6 months. I am done getting anything above what i got.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm about 6 mos out from my Pfizer, but I'll wait a bit to figure out a mixed dose. I'll have to see if there is any clear data which one would be better.

Jul 9, 2009
Just got the flu shot last Friday and got notified Moderna booster is now available for scheduling. My wife had her Pfizer booster a couple of weeks back. Kids and grand kids are still months away from a booster.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I'm about 6 mos out from my Pfizer, but I'll wait a bit to figure out a mixed dose. I'll have to see if there is any clear data which one would be better.

i am also about 6 months from my 2nd Pfizer shot, but am getting Moderna as a booster. all the data so far relevant to mixing different vaccines has been positive and Moderna has better numbers over time.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Funny, I just talked to the guy who took my old job. Per previous conversation, he said he could not get vaccinated due to the mRNA vaccines supposedly being made with some fish product, as he is allergic to fish (J&J was not available at the time). Per our conversion today, he has taken both the J&J and the J&J booster since it was supposedly more "old school".
Not sure if his worries were unfounded or not.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Enjoy getting vaccinated every 6 months. I am done getting anything above what i got.
Meh - even if that were the case who cares? It's an incredibly small inconvenience.

Got my booster on Monday, my arm was a little sore on Tuesday but that's about it.