Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 75 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Started to read the article there, but then right off the bat, it says something back in July, that seems the SCIENCE again was wrong about, and thats the effectiveness of the shots, and why I been asking why people are so ready to get something that they lied to the people just a few months later and said the "SCIENCE" was wrong about, yet again. Its still making it hard to believe what they say is true this month, will still the the science fact the next.

Once I started to read, it mentioned something I read/watched just a few days ago, that I found a quick snipit to post up on here.

So my original argument is why people do not ask any questions or wait for the experimental drug to do something long term. I am told just get it still, it will save ur life and others right now. Fine and dandy but not knowing, lottery is a gamble, and so is this but with the health of you and other, but saving my life now and others is better right now and just get the fucker, only to find out that it was great, I may or may not have gotten the ovids, but 10 years later die a slow and much more painful death because I did not question it, trusted science, and took the jab?

The dang if you do and dang if you do not applies to those getting the shot without worry. They said back in July its effectiveness was xx%, and now they say they were wrong and its much lower, so who you gonna believe. And sorry, I nor my family are really out there to catch and spread, so at this point with yet another lie, feel ok waiting it out, and see if, or if not, you all that believed if you got the shot you would not have to wear a mast again, catch or spread it, only to find out not true, never questioned or waited due to the fact it does not really do much to young healthy individuals, get, or do not get any other health problems that turn out to be worse then just getting covid and living through it, then something we do not know this could do later to a person, because you/we been lied to again.
And again, and again, and again.

Read this.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I am sure the school is prepared to replace these and others who died since they cannot slow the spread with masks or commonsense.
Assuming normal 1-2% case fatality rate, does that mean at least 700-1500 administrators alone in miami-dade were infected? That must be a significant portion of their employees? That has to be at least 50%.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Assuming normal 1-2% case fatality rate, does that mean at least 700-1500 administrators alone in miami-dade were infected? That must be a significant portion of their employees? That has to be at least 50%.
Watching CNN right now and they are commenting on 13 Miami Dade school employees who died from covid-19. I am assuming this is the same instance as the Yahoo article I linked.
Of the 13
1) three teachers
2) one security monitor
3) one cafeteria worker
4) seven bus drivers
5) one position unknown
They said all 13 were African Americans and all unvaccinated.

The Miami Dade superintendent is saying none of the death occured at the school district.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
And here we are....

I anticipate the cases will quickly spill over to the Spokane area. I am not surprised this ended up starting with Northern Idaho. Sad, but not surprised.
Republican governor, and no mask mandate. That is as expected.

While you anticipate spill over to neighboring states, I anticipate violence at an Idaho hospital. Family with guns threatening or attacking staff at a hospital for not giving their freedumb loving unvaccinated daddy a bed in the ICU, in favor of some pussy ass liberal that is vaccinated.

This is the reality of the new Trump Taliban.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Republican governor, and no mask mandate. That is as expected.

While you anticipate spill over to neighboring states, I anticipate violence at an Idaho hospital. Family with guns threatening or attacking staff at a hospital for not giving their freedumb loving unvaccinated daddy a bed in the ICU, in favor of some pussy ass liberal that is vaccinated.

This is the reality of the new Trump Taliban.
I wish I could say this were totally out of the realm of possibility or sanity...but it is neither. The odds might be extremely low, but they are most definitely non-zero

Feb 4, 2009
I don't know if any of these people were vaccinated or how big the school district is, but this seems to be a lot of teacher deaths for the past 10 days.

Students mourn 15 Miami-Dade school staffers who died from COVID-19 in last 10 days, report says

Is it time to blame the teachers union for the lack of new teachers or are teachers too greedy and want excessive pay so there is no money left to hire new teachers?
Not sure what the play will be but I am sure it will be a variation of the above.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Just got my booster today. As long as you're six months out from your second Pfizer shot and you're 65+, in a high risk group, or work a job with exposure to the public (eg grocery, restaurant, etc) you're eligible starting today.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Just got my booster today. As long as you're six months out from your second Pfizer shot and you're 65+, in a high risk group, or work a job with exposure to the public (eg grocery, restaurant, etc) you're eligible starting today.
Any reaction this time, as compared to the first two?

Mar 11, 2004
Watching CNN right now and they are commenting on 13 Miami Dade school employees who died from covid-19. I am assuming this is the same instance as the Yahoo article I linked.
Of the 13
1) three teachers
2) one security monitor
3) one cafeteria worker
4) seven bus drivers
5) one position unknown
They said all 13 were African Americans and all unvaccinated.

The Miami Dade superintendent is saying none of the death occured at the school district.

That's really sad, and doubly sad that the long history of racism in the science and medical fields that is likely why so many black people in the US are hesitant to get vaccinated.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
A friend didn't make it a running race yesterday because she was sick with covid, she had both Moderna shots. Surprisingly both she and her husband were vaccinated, I assumed since they were conservatives that they might not have been. He was surprisingly quiet about it, I expected to hear the line "vaccinated people can get it too the shot doesn't work" but didn't. Meanwhile, my bosses wife has not gotten the shots. She claims her father died from the vaccine, and she's afraid of it. He did die shortly thereafter, but when I was trying to dig into a bit it doesn't sound conclusively like the shot killed him, he had a bunch of other stuff going on, and may have been coincidental. She has always been staunchly liberal. My boss is a crazy conservative, but not stupid enough to not get vaccinated, sometimes I think he acts like a Trump supporter just to troll people.

• Wow
Reactions: iRONic

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's getting to be time to put away the carrot and get out the stick.

Delta Air Lines has done it with the $200 a month extra for healthcare for unvaccinated.

Sometime during the pandemic, the county I live in voted to pay quarantined employees who cannot work from home, to be paid up to 80 hours sick leave while they quarantine.

Nope, that's done. If an unvaccinated employee can't work because they are required to be in quarantine, that's on their nickle now. Excluding the Sheriff's department the 83% of county employees are fully vaccinated. The unvaccinated also must be tested weekly.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
It's getting to be time to put away the carrot and get out the stick.

Delta Air Lines has done it with the $200 a month extra for healthcare for unvaccinated.

Sometime during the pandemic, the county I live in voted to pay quarantined employees who cannot work from home, to be paid up to 80 hours sick leave while they quarantine.

Nope, that's done. If an unvaccinated employee can't work because they are required to be in quarantine, that's on their nickle now. Excluding the Sheriff's department the 83% of county employees are fully vaccinated. The unvaccinated also must be tested weekly.
Delta is able to do it only because they are self insured. Any insurance company that is subject to ACA legally can't do it.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Got my booster at the county's drive-thru clinic just after 2PM. No lines to speak of, but steady stream of cars. Guy that gave me the shot said they had long lines earlier in the day, but its been steady all day.

Now sitting here waiting to see if I need to order larger underwear after the gigantic testicles effect of the vaccine kicks in. I'm hoping.

Now what changes should I watch for in the wife?

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Now what changes should I watch for in the wife?

)
c4b.gif

Reactions: Bitek
Jul 9, 2009
Just wanted to update no symptoms today after getting the 3rd shot on Friday. Symptoms yesterday were pretty much the same as the day after my second Pfizer shot but at maybe half the intensity at most.
I'm waiting to get an OK from my Doctor for my 3rd shot of Moderna. I'll wait till she gives the all clear.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
breakthrough-covid-cases-why-fully-vaccinated-people-can-get-covid

And guess what.... people that get the flu shot "can" still get the flu. However as with the flu AND as with covid, the idea is to greatly reduce the effects of catching the flu, and reduce the effects of catching covid.

With the flu, I'd rather get the shot and maybe catch a bad cold instead of catching the full deadly flu. And with covid, I'd rather get the shot and not need to be hospitalized should I catch the covid.

But here we are again....
If the damn anti-vaxxers would just get the damn shot, we would not be talking about this. Covid spreads because not enough people are getting the shot and that is just asinine. People can be so damn ignorant and that is shocking, but what still want to know about the ignorant bone headed people out there is.... is it the fluoride ???