Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 74 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
We accept way more than some limits. There are thousands of limits imposed upon us free denizens of the US of A. Good or bad there are so many no one knows them all. If I build a house all the housing codes alone like stair height and the length of spokes in a deck railing, etc. I should be allowed to use asbestos insulation and lead based paint right?
Will you please remind everyone here when did you get constitutional right to build a house?

• Haha
Reactions: JimKiler

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Will you please remind everyone here when did you get constitutional right to build a house?

I didn't and according to certain governors of Florida voting is a privilege so we cannot even agree on rights. Honesty I am glad we have Obamacare but I cannot even convince myself healthcare should be a right despite how vital it is.

Reactions: weblooker2021

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I don't know why I am responding, as we already know you like to manipulate your interpretation of the Constitution to fit your needs, ignoring the actual legal interpretations. But it's covered under the 5th and 14th amendment (mainly the 5th), as it's tied into ownership of the land, and regulated under state and local building regulations. You also have to realize that building regulations, zoning laws and such where never a concept back when the constitution was written, which is why you won't see specific language about building a house. You know this, and you are just being coy and not arguing in good faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
@funboy6942

Please read the article below. It addresses many of your concerns about vaccines and vaccinations and is written, not in medicalese, but in terms a real person can understand. You have said that you have some mental issues that could cloud your judgement in these areas, so please try to read this with an open mind while keeping in mind the fact that this contains information from someone who knows what he is talking about - a doctor who is the director of the Alabama Vaccine Research Clinic.

It talks about the effectiveness of the covid vaccines, why they are safe in the long run as opposed to some medications which come up with problems after some time has passed, safety of vaccines for children, safety of vaccines overall, risks of covid infection versus covid vaccination, why they were not rushed. So I ask again, please read this and digest what it says.

Started to read the article there, but then right off the bat, it says something back in July, that seems the SCIENCE again was wrong about, and thats the effectiveness of the shots, and why I been asking why people are so ready to get something that they lied to the people just a few months later and said the "SCIENCE" was wrong about, yet again. Its still making it hard to believe what they say is true this month, will still the the science fact the next.

Once I started to read, it mentioned something I read/watched just a few days ago, that I found a quick snipit to post up on here.

So my original argument is why people do not ask any questions or wait for the experimental drug to do something long term. I am told just get it still, it will save ur life and others right now. Fine and dandy but not knowing, lottery is a gamble, and so is this but with the health of you and other, but saving my life now and others is better right now and just get the fucker, only to find out that it was great, I may or may not have gotten the ovids, but 10 years later die a slow and much more painful death because I did not question it, trusted science, and took the jab?

The dang if you do and dang if you do not applies to those getting the shot without worry. They said back in July its effectiveness was xx%, and now they say they were wrong and its much lower, so who you gonna believe. And sorry, I nor my family are really out there to catch and spread, so at this point with yet another lie, feel ok waiting it out, and see if, or if not, you all that believed if you got the shot you would not have to wear a mast again, catch or spread it, only to find out not true, never questioned or waited due to the fact it does not really do much to young healthy individuals, get, or do not get any other health problems that turn out to be worse then just getting covid and living through it, then something we do not know this could do later to a person, because you/we been lied to again.
And again, and again, and again.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
@funboy6942,

I'm sorry. I tried. You think you know more than people who are trained in and work in the vaccine field. So be it. Knowing that you have many health issues, I can only hope your unvaccinated children don't bring the virus to you and have to suffer a lifetime knowing your death was caused by them. Good luck.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
@funboy6942,

I'm sorry. I tried. You think you know more than people who are trained in and work in the vaccine field. So be it. Knowing that you have many health issues, I can only hope your unvaccinated children don't bring the virus to you and have to suffer a lifetime knowing your death was caused by them. Good luck.

You can bring a horse to water...

Reactions: JimKiler

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Started to read the article there, but then right off the bat, it says something back in July, that seems the SCIENCE again was wrong about, and thats the effectiveness of the shots, and why I been asking why people are so ready to get something that they lied to the people just a few months later and said the "SCIENCE" was wrong about, yet again. Its still making it hard to believe what they say is true this month, will still the the science fact the next.

Once I started to read, it mentioned something I read/watched just a few days ago, that I found a quick snipit to post up on here.

So my original argument is why people do not ask any questions or wait for the experimental drug to do something long term. I am told just get it still, it will save ur life and others right now. Fine and dandy but not knowing, lottery is a gamble, and so is this but with the health of you and other, but saving my life now and others is better right now and just get the fucker, only to find out that it was great, I may or may not have gotten the ovids, but 10 years later die a slow and much more painful death because I did not question it, trusted science, and took the jab?

The dang if you do and dang if you do not applies to those getting the shot without worry. They said back in July its effectiveness was xx%, and now they say they were wrong and its much lower, so who you gonna believe. And sorry, I nor my family are really out there to catch and spread, so at this point with yet another lie, feel ok waiting it out, and see if, or if not, you all that believed if you got the shot you would not have to wear a mast again, catch or spread it, only to find out not true, never questioned or waited due to the fact it does not really do much to young healthy individuals, get, or do not get any other health problems that turn out to be worse then just getting covid and living through it, then something we do not know this could do later to a person, because you/we been lied to again.
Hello? Mcfly? It's effective rate is lower now because it's not the same strain the vaccines where developed for. Also, the antibodies that the vaccine kick started our bodies to create, deminish over time, along with a bunch of other factors. Yes, because of the vaccine, our bodies have a blue print to make those antibodies against the original strain. (Basic biology you should have learned in high school).

Basically Your are trying to argue using logic and results, that are designed around a target that is stationarity (never changing), when that Target is moving (changing), and complaining that accuracy is lower on the moving target.

What it comes down to, is you don't seem to understand science, as it is forever changing as we learn more as the virus evolves/mutates continuously. As long as it's a moving target, the answers from the science will continue to change as the virus itself is changing. That's not lying, that's science.

In fact, a line from the movie "The Core" comes to mind:. "all Science is, is a best educated guess based on known information". (May not be word for word accurate, but you get the gist of it). That's another reason that science is for ever changing, and new theories are developed and old theories over time are either proven wrong, or strengthened as we learn more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54
Feb 4, 2009
@funboy6942 My last attempt. I like you.
We know for a fact even with Delta far fewer vaccinated people are in the hospital & die from COVID. This is a fact that cannot be disputed whatever papers you have read that say otherwise are obviously incorrect.
Get it is okay to be afraid, don’t let fear ruin your life or someone else’s life because you got sick.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
One state north, in Kentucky

View attachment 49703

What are the proportions of the Kentucky populace who are vaccinated/unvaccinated? Seems like one would need to know that as well, to know how to interpret those figures. Of course, if the vaccination rate is <90% vaccination rate is >10% the implication is clear...

[thinking about it, got that the wrong way round]

Last edited:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
What are the proportions of the Kentucky populace who are vaccinated/unvaccinated? Seems like one would need to know that as well, to know how to interpret those figures. Of course, if the vaccination rate is <90% the implication is clear...

In Kentucky, 2,556,333 people or 57% of the state has received at least one dose.

Overall, 2,174,020 people or 48% of Kentucky's population has been fully vaccinated.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
What are the proportions of the Kentucky populace who are vaccinated/unvaccinated? Seems like one would need to know that as well, to know how to interpret those figures. Of course, if the vaccination rate is <90% the implication is clear...
49% of Kentucky is fully vaccinated (57% partially vaccinated)

Edit: I'm too slow.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Keep getting mad that my county is only 76% fully vaxed with another 8% with one dose, something like 16% unvaxxed. Then the whole state is only like 56% fully vaxxed and that's just infuriating. We've had access for like 9 months and uninhibited access for about 6. Get your fucking shots people!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
49% of Kentucky is fully vaccinated (57% partially vaccinated)

Edit: I'm too slow.
Of course, if no additional people are vaccinated, the percentage will still change as the unvaccinated die off.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So, what you're saying is that you didn't bother to read the article...

It really doesn’t matter if he read it or not, it’s not like he’d understand it. The guy thinks that “they lied about it’s effective rate”. It’s an admission on his part that he doesn’t even grasp the situation.

It’s akin to someone claiming they got X° case temps when running prime95 and then some idiot on the forum calling them a liar because when they ran 3dmark on the exact same setup they got higher case temps. It’s like, bitch! Do you not understand the variable that caused the change in behavior?

That’s why I say let them bring about their own demise due their ignorance and arrogance, we all could use the laugh.

Reactions: MrPickins

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

From your article:
Breakthrough cases, when someone contracts the virus while vaccinated, are still less common in the community. Local health officials are encouraging everyone to get vaccinated as breakthrough cases are proving to show less severe symptoms. Almost all in the Austin metro ICUs are unvaccinated, according to officials.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
@funboy6942,

Addressing the thought process of the anti-Vaxxer, the adult anti-vaxxer, I seriously doubt that is how it works. I seriously doubt that if their positivity caused another family member to get sick and die, that the link would be admitted by the infector. No, they would never admit that it was them who caused grandma to catch covid and thus pass away. What they would do is to blame Biden or better yet Dr Fauci, the Chinese, Wuhan, democrats, Nancy Pelosi, or cyber worms coming from those who were vaccinated. But for the infector, the anti-vaxxor to admit any blame? Never...