Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Oh, they're still pretending. Seeing lots of people talking about extended family that died with no explanation and the family close to the person refuses to admit it was COVID. You also see it with the families demanding that COVID isn't listed as cause of death, and other stuff to try and keep deluding themselves.

I did say "little bit" not "impossible".

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
when you just read a short thing that says, take the shot, is safe, SCIENCE, but look no further into it
Here is a great place to start looking further into it. It is the list of problems found in the Pfizer vaccine after two separate safety studies and then later following up with 12,000 individuals.

If you don't mind, I'll steer you to page 13 here (note: "Comirnaty" means the people that had the vaccine):
Serious Adverse Events

among participants 16 through 55 years of age ... serious adverse events ... in ongoing follow-up were reported by 103 (0.8%) COMIRNATY recipients and 117 (0.9%) placebo recipients.

In a similar analysis, in participants 56 years of age and older ... serious adverse events were reported by 165 (1.8%) COMIRNATY recipients and 151 (1.7%) placebo recipients

In the analysis of blinded, placebo-controlled follow-up, there were no notable patterns between treatment groups for specific categories of serious adverse events (including neurologic, neuro-inflammatory, and thrombotic events) that would suggest a causal relationship to COMIRNATY. In the analysis of unblinded follow-up, there were no notable patterns of specific categories of serious adverse events that would suggest a causal relationship to COMIRNATY
In multiple Pfizer vaccine studies, there were no differences in the number of problems between the people that got that vaccine and those who took the placebo. And that is just one of 112 Covid vaccines in clinical trials, each with similar outcomes in their own studies: no safety difference between the placebo and those who got the vaccine.

Last edited:

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Thanks Dullard for the information, and not being a asshat towards me. With confusing information and being told over the year its really hard for me to really believe where to start. They say you need to believe in science, and that they make changes as more information is collected, but if that be true, how do you believe what is NOW to be true, does not change later, and have them say, sorry, we fucked up, now we know more, and those who took it before we knew what we know now will have a shorter life span for there was more study and test needed to be done.

Its not that I do not want to take it, really it is not, its just I am sure where to start for it was do not wear a mask. Wear a mask. Now wear this type. That type does not really work, so wear 3 of these. Wearing a mask no longer prevents you from getting it, but others. Take the shot, will never get it or pass it on. Take the shot and it will not matter anymore for you can still get it and pass it on. At what point do I feel good about taking it or having my family mostly take it to find out they messed up and like the metformin I take, or the heartburn med I used to take years, YEARS later causes problems or cancer, and should you get it, or family member died from taking it, you have 0 recourse because you was to believe in the science? :p

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Thanks Dullard for the information, and not being a asshat towards me. With confusing information and being told over the year its really hard for me to really believe where to start. They say you need to believe in science, and that they make changes as more information is collected, but if that be true, how do you believe what is NOW to be true, does not change later, and have them say, sorry, we fucked up, now we know more, and those who took it before we knew what we know now will have a shorter life span for there was more study and test needed to be done.

Its not that I do not want to take it, really it is not, its just I am sure where to start for it was do not wear a mask. Wear a mask. Now wear this type. That type does not really work, so wear 3 of these. Wearing a mask no longer prevents you from getting it, but others. Take the shot, will never get it or pass it on. Take the shot and it will not matter anymore for you can still get it and pass it on. At what point do I feel good about taking it or having my family mostly take it to find out they messed up and like the metformin I take, or the heartburn med I used to take years, YEARS later causes problems or cancer, and should you get it, or family member died from taking it, you have 0 recourse because you was to believe in the science? :p

Here's the thing, though: virtually all vaccine side-effects (not just these vaccines, but all of them) are short-term. Long-term effects are highly unlikely as vaccines only really exist to prompt a response from your immune system.

And besides, you know what shortens your lifespan much, much, much more? A serious case of COVID-19.

As for mask wearing... just wear one when asked, please. At worst, you're mildly inconvenienced when you go to the store; at best, you save someone's life by preventing transmission.

Reactions: jman19

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
So can the flu.....but I am not saying I do not believe in covid or covid deaths, but in the ones who have died, had serious health problems to start with and or were very old. Your health will play a huge part in what it is you catch will kill you or not, for just the flu alone kills a ton of people, but you do not have people out there freaking out because you did not get the flu shot and will kill them should they catch that.

It may be because of my mental state that is stopping me mostly from getting it when you are told something different ALL the time, and told to respect the science it in, when the science is always changing, or pills you took for years turns out did more harm then good, but kept it swept under the rung for a very long time for its a money thing, it becomes cheaper to remove it and then say, damn we fucked up because more people will come out to sue you vs just removing it from the shelves.

Car recalls, they do not become a recall till enough people have died from a problem with the car vs all the people about to sue them because of the problem with the car due to property damages/deaths.

A stop sign/light will not go up at a street section replacing a yield sign till there has been enough deaths or property damage at that intersection.

So with being told this that and the other over the years about all of this, makes it very hard to just believe in the science and jump off the cliff with the others doing it right now without more SCIENCE into it, or see how many people further down get a health problem from it because of the early science.

On top of that, if I did just do what new, people, officials say and just say fuck it and go get the shot, for me, it wouldn't be that bad, I am not going to be here much longer anyways, but should my son or daughter take it because I just jumped off the cliff without wanting to wait a few more to see the science come from all the lab rats that took it before me, and something went wrong with them or died, I would feel like total shit for it. Im not really all the worried if they did catch it, for the "science" says if they did it really wouldn't be all that bad, be like the flu and chances of something bad going wrong with them because of their age and being in perfect health is very very slim, again if I was to believe in the science, but should I make them get the shot only to find out years later because they did, because of me making them, and because I listed to....your a dumb fuck ass just take it and did knowing how they are with pills and meds causing trouble years later after enough people got messed up from taking the safe science drug, yeah, without question, once they pass on from it (god forbid) well then, shotgun to the mouth is all I gots to say about that.

Damned if you do, damned if you do not, but I would love to see more information, trials, and time go by before I just on any more sinking ships because I just told my doc, ok give it to me, and get xxx problems later :p Rather have died from just covid, rather then shitting myself, cancer, 3rd nut, dane Bramage (even more) because I am told getting the shot at the time was better then catching covid, just to have some really fucked up shit later much worse and prolonging my death causing great pain in the process instead.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Only to the willfully ignorant morons. Are you willing to admit you are a willfully ignorant moron yet?
The willfully ignorant are incapable. COVID is a hoax, hospitals are empty but parking morgue trailers outside for show. It is a deliberate decision to be the stupid that walk amongst us.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Car recalls, they do not become a recall till enough people have died from a problem with the car vs all the people about to sue them because of the problem with the car due to property damages/deaths.

A stop sign/light will not go up at a street section replacing a yield sign till there has been enough deaths or property damage at that intersection.
Okay you brought in cars. Do you wear a seatbelt? Like seatbelts greatly reduce the severity of injuries but doesn't always prevent death. So because deaths still occur, you're not going to wear your seatbelt?

And why are you afraid of the vaccine? As mentioned, billions of doses given. Again you hate the name calling, or are you one of those idiots think there's a 5G tracker in it?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Okay you brought in cars. Do you wear a seatbelt? Like seatbelts greatly reduce the severity of injuries but doesn't always prevent death. So because deaths still occur, you're not going to wear your seatbelt?

And why are you afraid of the vaccine? As mentioned, billions of doses given. Again you hate the name calling, or are you one of those idiots think there's a 5G tracker in it?
For these mental midgets to take the vaccine would be admission that they were wrong about the COVID hoax, and even saving their own miserable life is secondary.

As for wearing their seatbelt, if they do, it is simply to avoid being pulled over and ticketed.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The willfully ignorant are incapable. COVID is a hoax, hospitals are empty but parking morgue trailers outside for show. It is a deliberate decision to be the stupid that walk amongst us.

As an article I read today was titled quite appropriately.......You Are Living In The Golden Age of Stupidity

Last edited:
Reactions: MtnMan

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was hesitant at first but by the time it became available and I read more on the covid long lasting effects, I wanted the vaccine as soon as I could and was happy when I got it.

That said, I totally am understanding of people who want to wait or don't want it and I think it should be a personal choice that should be respected. I hate how so many people want to treat unvaccinated people like second class citizens and they are even pushing for vaccine cards etc. Papers please! That is basically what this is going to lead to. Even as someone vaccinated I don't really want to have to carry a new form of ID on me everywhere I go. It's also going to be an extra burden on businesses because they will need to have a bouncer to check everyone's IDs. Restaurants, grocery stores etc. And if they fail, then they get in trouble and get shut down. Going to be like alcohol laws. Some businesses get shutdown or huge fines over petty things like having alcohol out at 2:01am, it will be the same way, where they have random inspectors coming in to make sure they are following all the right protocols.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
So can the flu.....but I am not saying I do not believe in covid or covid deaths, but in the ones who have died, had serious health problems to start with and or were very old. Your health will play a huge part in what it is you catch will kill you or not, for just the flu alone kills a ton of people, but you do not have people out there freaking out because you did not get the flu shot and will kill them should they catch that.

This is explicitly false.

Yes, many early victims were older or had comorbidities, but there were younger and healthier people hospitalized and dying even then. Crucially, though, the Delta variant has changed a lot of that — many recent victims are younger or have no complications.

Also, the flu has a much lower rate of hospitalization and death. The CDC estimated 405,000 US flu hospitalizations in 2019-2020, and 22,000 deaths; there have been close to 2.7 million hospitalizations for COVID-19 in just the past 1.5 years, and over 640,000 deaths. You notice something there? It's not just that COVID-19 is spreading much faster — it's that those who have severe cases are much more likely to die.

I can understand being concerned, but you're effectively throwing your hands in the air and refusing to actually, properly listen to what we're saying. The vaccines are effective. They're demonstrably safe. You face far greater risks from COVID-19 than you do from vaccines, and you protect others by getting vaccinated. In other words, all evidence and logic indicates that it's better to get your shots than not.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I was hesitant at first but by the time it became available and I read more on the covid long lasting effects, I wanted the vaccine as soon as I could and was happy when I got it.

That said, I totally am understanding of people who want to wait or don't want it and I think it should be a personal choice that should be respected. I hate how so many people want to treat unvaccinated people like second class citizens and they are even pushing for vaccine cards etc. Papers please! That is basically what this is going to lead to. Even as someone vaccinated I don't really want to have to carry a new form of ID on me everywhere I go. It's also going to be an extra burden on businesses because they will need to have a bouncer to check everyone's IDs. Restaurants, grocery stores etc. And if they fail, then they get in trouble and get shut down. Going to be like alcohol laws. Some businesses get shutdown or huge fines over petty things like having alcohol out at 2:01am, it will be the same way, where they have random inspectors coming in to make sure they are following all the right protocols.

We wouldn't need any such restrictions if certain people would quit lying about the vaccine, and/or certain other people would quit believing them.

The vaccine is safe and effective, according to overwhelming evidence. Period.

The problem is that over a third of the adult population is unvaccinated, and now we are experiencing 1000+ deaths per day. Besides the loss of life, this is having a negative effect on the economy. We still have relatively high unemployment in spite of a labor shortage because people are afraid to go back to work because of COVID. Especially people who work restaurants and retail.

The sane part of the US population wants COVID to be over and done with. The insane part who believes in politically motivated batshit conspiracy theories is preventing that from happening.

If we can get to where 85% of the adult population is vaccinated, we won't need restrictions any more. If you really don't like the restrictions, you should be out there convincing everyone you know who is unvaccinated to get vaccinated.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
You are welcome. The thing is that the information that flip/flopped was pretty much political or told by journalists that really don't know what they are talking about. If you can filter that out, the science part really didn't shift as much as people try to claim. Yes, we were told things like wash hands and don't touch your face. Those turned out to not really be a big concern. But the "harm" of not touching your face is pretty minimal.

In science you need to have at least a hint of a plausible theory. There is no plausible theory for how a vaccine that is no longer in your body can harm you. There is absolutely no direct detectable trace of the vaccine left in your body. How can something that is not there suddenly years later cause harm? I'm not saying that it is impossible to cause harm, but you have to have at least some possible explanation. Until that time comes, science goes off of similar examples. What other vaccines have long term serious complications? None. And that is with many vaccines over many decades. Again, no reason to possibly suspect the covid vaccine will cause harm.
Take the politics out. Here is the timeline that you are left with:

1) Feb 29, 2020: Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweets not to wear masks. https://www.axios.com/surgeon-general-reversal-face-mask-d385e2d5-42b7-433e-89a6-3584f3e61bf3.html
Lets take this in context. Jerome Adams is a political appointee, with limited infectious disease experience. His specialty is anesthesia and chronic diseases -- not respiratory diseases. He stated to not wear masks with no scientific evidence to support his claim. He said this just a month into a disease that we really knew nothing about. He later took his statement back. https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-dont-need-masks-pence-says-as-demand-increases-2020-2 So, how much faith should you place in that statement? Or should you look at what science said at the time?

2) Mar 2020: The CDC was a lot more subtle than Jerome Adams. The CDC instead said to wear masks if you are sick, if you are caring for someone who is sick. But instead of using masks, just avoiding interactions with people is better. The CDC said not to wear N95s as we need them for the heath care workers. That is a whole lot different than saying don't wear masks. The CDC did not say that masks don't work, they said to wear masks when needed and to save them for others. Instead, avoid the disease by avoiding people. https://www.aaha.org/publications/newstat/articles/2020-03/cdc-an-about-face-on-face-masks/

3) Apr 2020: The CDC firms their stance and recommends home made masks: https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...commends-americans-wear-cloth-masks-in-public

4) July 2020: The CDC publishes study showing that masks probably work well: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm?s_cid=mm6928e2_w

5) Sept 2020: The CDC suggests that "All schools should implement and layer prevention strategies and should prioritize universal and correct use of masks and physical distancing." https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201.../operation-strategy.html#anchor_1616080023247

6) Mar 8 2021: The CDC suggests that you can go without masks if everyone is vaccinated or low risk: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0308-vaccinated-guidelines.html Note: again this does not say that masks are bad or that masks should be avoided. It just says in limited cases you can go maskless.

7) Now: As the delta variant is taking over, scientists recommend going back to masks in most cases.

The actual science timeline is a lot less flippity floppity than you think. It was the politicians and media that flipped all over the place telling the stories.

Last edited:

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
. Even as someone vaccinated I don't really want to have to carry a new form of ID on me everywhere I go. It's also going to be an extra burden on businesses because they will need to have a bouncer to check everyone's IDs. Restaurants, grocery stores etc. And if they fail, then they get in trouble and get shut down. Going to be like alcohol laws.
Look they shut the whole world down, collapsed whole businesses and cratered the economy. . . How many people are still unemployed, how many burnt out medical workers is enough? a thousand a day die in the US still People all over the world sacrfice. . . Sorry if I don't have any boohoos for the hesitant or willfully ignorant

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Whoa... poor bastid.

So many wrong beliefs, vaccination appears to be the least of this guy's problems

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
A common sense decision based on facts. Of course the anti-vaxxers would say you turned in your freedom.
Those un-vaxxed are not a second class citizen, they are a threat to society. Far too often these are the same jackholes that won't wear a mask, becoming a threat to everyone else.

We were at a brewery yesterday afternoon, an at the entrance was a sign:
NO SHIRT​
NO SHOES​
NO MASK​
NO SERVICE​
There was no outrage, or protest, as typically the bud lite swilling trumpanzees don't even understand craft beer. And they never saw their orange jesus without a shirt or shoes, for which the nation is thankful regardless of your political leanings.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Tell you what, smart tough guy… I’m in Hartwell, GA. Why don’t you come on down and I’ll fill in for him. I’m only 67 years old, 245#, but I’m sure that won’t make one whit of difference.

btw…your words quoted above could be taken as verbal assault or making terroristic threats.
First off, he is just another fucking cowardly keyboard warrior, probably the candy-ass of his school growing up. One could almost work up a little pity over what an insecure coward little person he is... almost!

If not, I don't need a stand in, even though I got you covered in age, but rest assured because of jackholes like his pathetic ilk, I never leave the house unarmed.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Have a test scheduled tomorrow morning, but good chance I got COVID. Sister tested positive and wasn't vaccinated. I'm hoping it doesn't hit my Mom too hard as she just got her first shot last week. Seems like I got the worst of it so far, as I was vomiting all Sunday. Now I'm getting occasional fever, headache, alternate between runny and stuffy nose, and then general fatigue. I don't even wanna know how severe it would have been without having been vaccinated, I could definitely see how people end up in the hospital.

And that's the issue, they think everyone are as ignorant as they are so its all just people posting their personal opinions based on random articles/videos they see online. They genuinely do not understand how ignorant they are and so how stupid they actually come off.

And yep, they're so self absorbed (but also lacking all self reflection) that their personal freedom is all that matters.

If you test positive or family tests positive you need to check out monoclonal antibody treatment and see if it's available near you and if it's right for you and your family. Lot's of people here in FL are getting the delta variance whether they had the vaccine or not. MA is supposed to make it a lot easier to get through it.

Reactions: weblooker2021

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Good piece on the anti-vaxxer movement.

Specifically on why support for the movement has shifted rightwards in recent years. Basically, they switched from talking about autism and thermasol to talking about "freedom of choice" and "parents get to make medical decisions for their children." This messaging resonated with the right. Then came COVID and conservatives were already opposing masks and lockdowns on that same rationale. It took off from there.

Mar 11, 2004
What’s the data say if you already had Covid-19, is there a certain amount of time you’re protected?

From what I've seen it appears to be about 90 days (or at least that's the amount of time they recommend you wait before getting vaccinated after contracting COVID). And of course limit exposure (mask up, avoid groups of people especially indoors) and not act like there's no risk.

If you test positive or family tests positive you need to check out monoclonal antibody treatment and see if it's available near you and if it's right for you and your family. Lot's of people here in FL are getting the delta variance whether they had the vaccine or not. MA is supposed to make it a lot easier to get through it.

Only one of us would actually qualify but I'll have them look into it and see if they can get it.

Reactions: paperfist
Mar 11, 2004
Whoa... poor bastid.

So many wrong beliefs, vaccination appears to be the least of this guy's problems

Yeah he's been posting nutty beliefs for years on here. If I remember right he doesn't even believe in evolution. And he thinks his (often intentional) ignorance is every bit as valid as rigorous science.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
What? Wrong beliefs, do not believe in evolution, often intentional ignorance? When the heck have I done any of that? I saw the post and thought I would as why I/we been told all this information because of science being right, but had been wrong for over a year now, and finding it hard in what to asking for information, and all I got was nothing (except dullard) with all calling me dumbass not giving me any information on anything I asked, just saying dumbass, just take it billions have "so far" so just do it without giving me information. I am sorry if I had questions, and yeah a lot have taken it, and a lot have taken a stupid pill for heartburn and diabetes, billons of people, only to have it come back and kick them in the ass with serious health issues or death. So I am sorry if I ask, and I'm glad to head billions have gotten the shot, but just because no one has really kicked the bucket yet (btw some have ;) ) does not mean it is safe in the future when enough data starts to come in from this human test they are doing right now with it to see which pharm got it right, and which other did not.

And yeah, I am not right in the head, but if you saying I have posted non other beliefs or do not believe in evolution, and came out and said that, please send me to that post, I would love to see something like that I have posted in the past, for all I really remember doing over several several years is be in the hot and for sale sections, I am not really here, and only was because I had concerns and was asking for help and answers and pretty much got ass hats calling me shit, just take it, without giving me something that shows my concern which really is, many people yes have taken it, but has anyone got a study for the long term effects it may have on me for I am sorry again, have a hard time in believing in SCIENCE, and just blindly do what SCIENCE says to do with all the flip flops its been doing as of late, and drugs that SCIENCE has said for many years to be safe, to find out been pumped with cancerous shit instead, and people dying, all because science has said it was safe, till one day, it was "our bad, gonna pull it off the market for we killed millions/billions and more are have serious health risks right now because of us and science."

I'm not really that concerned that billions have no problem in being the lab rat, my colon doctor is paying me $50 to be in a new study to detect colon cancer without having to go up the butt to find out, just a blood test, but I'm not going to grow anything new or die for its just a blood test along with the up the butt and lets see test (was getting that done anyways), so not worried about it, but getting shot up with a drug could take years, maybe many years for anything to show up from doing it, and I think I have legit concerns other then going well if Johnny and billions other have blindly taken it without see what the long term is, and I am call a dumbass for not just going along without a worry, for I would be the dumbass that just figured its "SCIENCE", never been wrong, anyone to think different about that are stupid dumbasses nothing would ever turn out wrong if I do not ask questions for its "SCIENCE"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What? Wrong beliefs, do not believe in evolution, often intentional ignorance? When the heck have I done any of that? I saw the post and thought I would as why I/we been told all this information because of science being right, but had been wrong for over a year now, and finding it hard in what to asking for information, and all I got was nothing (except dullard) with all calling me dumbass not giving me any information on anything I asked, just saying dumbass, just take it billions have "so far" so just do it without giving me information. I am sorry if I had questions, and yeah a lot have taken it, and a lot have taken a stupid pill for heartburn and diabetes, billons of people, only to have it come back and kick them in the ass with serious health issues or death. So I am sorry if I ask, and I'm glad to head billions have gotten the shot, but just because no one has really kicked the bucket yet (btw some have ;) ) does not mean it is safe in the future when enough data starts to come in from this human test they are doing right now with it to see which pharm got it right, and which other did not.

And yeah, I am not right in the head, but if you saying I have posted non other beliefs or do not believe in evolution, and came out and said that, please send me to that post, I would love to see something like that I have posted in the past, for all I really remember doing over several several years is be in the hot and for sale sections, I am not really here, and only was because I had concerns and was asking for help and answers and pretty much got ass hats calling me shit, just take it, without giving me something that shows my concern which really is, many people yes have taken it, but has anyone got a study for the long term effects it may have on me for I am sorry again, have a hard time in believing in SCIENCE, and just blindly do what SCIENCE says to do with all the flip flops its been doing as of late, and drugs that SCIENCE has said for many years to be safe, to find out been pumped with cancerous shit instead, and people dying, all because science has said it was safe, till one day, it was "our bad, gonna pull it off the market for we killed millions/billions and more are have serious health risks right now because of us and science."

I'm not really that concerned that billions have no problem in being the lab rat, my colon doctor is paying me $50 to be in a new study to detect colon cancer without having to go up the butt to find out, just a blood test, but I'm not going to grow anything new or die for its just a blood test along with the up the butt and lets see test (was getting that done anyways), so not worried about it, but getting shot up with a drug could take years, maybe many years for anything to show up from doing it, and I think I have legit concerns other then going well if Johnny and billions other have blindly taken it without see what the long term is, and I am call a dumbass for not just going along without a worry, for I would be the dumbass that just figured its "SCIENCE", never been wrong, anyone to think different about that are stupid dumbasses nothing would ever turn out wrong if I do not ask questions for its "SCIENCE"
So billions have decided to be lab rats and they are all fine. Doesn’t that show you the science was right?