Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
They wrote the lot code of the shot and where I got it on my card, so theoretically you could find out if that person had a fake card (fake lot codes or no record of the person getting a shot where the card says they did). Seems like a lot of work to verify unless it was a really big deal.
I got my shots through Kaiser. I've seen all kinds of pictures of these supposed official CDC cards. Mine only slightly looks like those, only the first shot data was filed out. When I got the second shot, they just stuck the sticker with the Pfizer lot code on it.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
convinced my stubborn 68 year old dad to get the vaccine. He listens to TOO MUCH Mexican Catholic radio. The Catholic radio was telling him its a hoax and that the vaccine will make him sick.

Fvck you Catholic Mexican radio. fvck you.

Family and friends welcomed my dad back to reality.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
FUCK YOU SECOND SHOT.
I am down for the count.
Some of these “sides” are weird as hell too.
I LOVE YOU BUT F YOU moderna… damn

Reactions: uclaLabrat

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
FUCK YOU SECOND SHOT.
I am down for the count.
As bad as you may feel right now, just imagine how much worse it is if you did get infected with COVID. Everyone I know who had the 2nd shot and get the side effect, it went away for them within 24hrs.

Reactions: cytg111 and jman19

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Coworker of mine got covid, but was thankfully vaccinated. Barely had any symptoms. At first he thought it was due to a sinus infection (which he also had).
Had he not been vaccinated, he could have been a lot worse off.

Reactions: Ken g6

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I got my shots through Kaiser. I've seen all kinds of pictures of these supposed official CDC cards. Mine only slightly looks like those, only the first shot data was filed out. When I got the second shot, they just stuck the sticker with the Pfizer lot code on it.

I've seen a lot of mention of the official CDC white vaccination cards. Mine is blue. :(

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Thank god for sleeping on a sponge otherwise I’d drown in sweat.. everything soaked… fever, brain haze, and the super weird nasty pinches that just comes WHEREEVER whenever, quad, side, chest, elbow, angle.. just like a nasty needleprick that last for a second then gone… those are probably the worst.
I had close to no symptoms on the first shot.. Still down.

Also, the first shot gave a sore arm, like someone punched you real hard, a mule kick... this time was like one of those 10 feet muscle horses just repeatedly had gone full mental on the deltoid.. silently screamed when I woke and turned over on the shoulder, couldn't really move the arm for a full day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ken g6

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Thank god for sleeping on a sponge otherwise I’d drown in sweat.. everything soaked… fever, brain haze, and the super weird nasty pinches that just comes WHEREEVER whenever, quad, side, chest, elbow, angle.. just like a nasty needleprick that last for a second then gone… those are probably the worst.
I had close to no symptoms on the first shot.. Still down.

Also, the first shot gave a sore arm, like someone punched you real hard, a mule kick... this time was like one of those 10 feet muscle horses just repeatedly had gone full mental on the deltoid.. silently screamed when I woke and turned over on the shoulder, couldn't really move the arm for a full day.

Glad I got the Pfizer.

You seem to be having an especially bad reaction regardless. Best wishes.

Reactions: Ken g6 and cytg111

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I know people who got Pfizer who were so sick they were puking, pretty crazy how different it can be. Only consistent thing I've seen with Pfizer and Moderna is the reaction fades away very quickly after about a day.

Edit: My card is white with the lot info and the location I got the shots written in.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I know people who got Pfizer who were so sick they were puking, pretty crazy how different it can be. Only consistent thing I've seen with Pfizer and Moderna is the reaction fades away very quickly after about a day.

Edit: My card is white with the lot info and the location I got the shots written in.
I know a few that got the Astra.. they were bed ridden for 3 to 4 days.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I know a few that got the Astra.. they were bed ridden for 3 to 4 days.
Ah interesting, most people I know has gotten the Pfizer or Moderna shot, with I think maybe one of my friends got the J&J but didn't have a bad reaction to it.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I was fatigued after my 2nd Pfizer, but I went out hiking anyway. Was a bit rough going, but felt better when I was done

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I was fatigued after my 2nd Pfizer, but I went out hiking anyway. Was a bit rough going, but felt better when I was done
Learned a long time ago that immune system and restitution is a single threaded process - training while battling something achieves longer down period and not an optimal response to the training pass :). So for me, ill stay out of the fight till im fit for duty again :)

Reactions: Ken g6 and hal2kilo

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. I'm now triple-tapped. I had COVID a while back (had positive test and nasty symptoms), and now got both shots as a form of protest against the anti-vaxxers. I convinced everyone in my family to get vaccinated as well, despite two of them previously testing positive.

I figure that the science is on the side of vaccines, not the anti-vaxxers.

Before the COVID shots I've had the following vaccines:

Polio, Smallpox (twice), Bubonic Plague, Pneumonic Plague, Anthrax (full series...twice), Botulism, Hep A (twice), Hep B, Whooping Cough, Measles Mumps and Rubella, Yellow Fever (x4) and about a dozen others. I'm still here despite it all. Don't believe the hype that the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease/infection itself.

Get vaccinated. The life you save may not be yours.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
FUCK YOU SECOND SHOT.
I am down for the count.
Yep. My second Moderna shot kicked my ass they next day. 103F fever, aches, shivers. Day after that I was fine. Scary shit tho.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
While at Wally World yesterday, I noticed a lot of young people shopping in the store were wearing masks. Young men mostly oh say around 17 - 20. Maybe 16, I'm not good at age guessing.
Am I missing something here? As to why more young people are suddenly wearing masks in public? And at a restaurant with my father just last Sunday there was a table of oh say 10 young men around age 16 - 20 I'd guess and all of them were masked as well. They were either part of some group or sports team or maybe some religions thing being it was a Sunday early evening, but they were all wearing masks. When their food came they did remove their mask to eat but returned to the mask afterwards. I myself wasn't masked nor my dad because we've been vaxxed, and the waitress was not masked either.

Is something going on? Is it true that the covid variant is effecting the youth more so now than before? Is that it? I rarely see any people out in public wearing masks these days, but then we have the young people suddenly masking up. Just seems strange.