Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 9, 2009
I've had both now (Moderna) no side effects from first shot, second shot had mild fever and muscle soreness on the 2nd day. My wife has had the Pfizer shots with slight muscle soreness after both shots, no other issues.

Reactions: Puffnstuff

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Got my first dose (Moderna) this morning. Very smooth operation where I went; they had 6 or 8 stations set up. I barely even felt the needle. Set up appointment for 2nd shot immediately after getting the 1st.

Same as most, my arm just feels a little bruised at the injection site. Based on comments here and how my wife did with hers, I'll probably plan to take the following day off when I get my 2nd dose.

Dec 10, 2005
Finally eligible in MA and booked an appointment at the end of the week with my local provider, which is one of the major health systems in my area. CVS and Walgreens had zero appointments. Allegedly, could also get a link to schedule for a shot with the MA mass vaccination sites tomorrow since I pre-registered, but I'll probably skip that given my other appointment.

No idea what shot I'll get, but I'll take any of the 3. All had great trial data.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Finally eligible in MA and booked an appointment at the end of the week with my local provider, which is one of the major health systems in my area. CVS and Walgreens had zero appointments. Allegedly, could also get a link to schedule for a shot with the MA mass vaccination sites tomorrow since I pre-registered, but I'll probably skip that given my other appointment.

No idea what shot I'll get, but I'll take any of the 3. All had great trial data.
Fuck the trial data man, this 5g is 🔥 🔥 🔥

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Drive through has opened up for my age group, however its like a 3 hour wait but the smaller towns like an hour from here its like a 15 minutes wait. . .
So am I driving or wait til the surge lessens . . . .

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I am scheduled to get my vaccine (Moderna) sometime within an hour to an hour and a half from now.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
They did not ask for my insurance card, another person who tried to give them their insurance card got the reply, "We do not need that."

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Have you guys seen this story?

Wonder if it's something about the way the injections were performed, or the particular batches they received. Otherwise reactions should be systemic (across populations) as opposed to localized in one clinic.

On the plus side,
Wake County health officials said all the reactions to the vaccinations were “consistent with known common side effects from receiving the vaccine.”

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
They did not ask for my insurance card, another person who tried to give them their insurance card got the reply, "We do not need that."
For me the website wouldn’t let me enter my insurance info so I was forced to incorrectly put ‘no insurance.’

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Just got my first Pfizer shot and sitting in the 15 minute post shot watch area.

so i got my 1st Pfizer shot at Mercedes-Benz Stadium where they are administering 6,000 doses a day, the largest mass vaccine center in the southeast. i drove right into the parking deck without any traffic stoppage and walked into the stadium with hundreds of people. there were metal detectors outside but no emptying of pockets that i noticed. i just strolled right through to the first station where they hand you one of four different color wristbands. everyone kept walking and were directed to four different levels/areas based on the wristband. you then reach the second station were they fill out your vaccination card and then proceed to the third station where the shots are administered and they scan your appointment QR code. then on to the 15 minute wait area where you can sit in socially distanced chairs or in the stands. i was in and out of there in about 20 minutes total, it was truly awe inspiring and emotionally overwhelming.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
so i got my 1st Pfizer shot at Mercedes-Benz Stadium where they are administering 6,000 doses a day, the largest mass vaccine center in the southeast. i drove right into the parking deck without any traffic stoppage and walked into the stadium with hundreds of people. there were metal detectors outside but no emptying of pockets that i noticed. i just strolled right through to the first station where they hand you one of four different color wristbands. everyone kept walking and were directed to four different levels/areas based on the wristband. you then reach the second station were they fill out your vaccination card and then proceed to the third station where the shots are administered and they scan your appointment QR code. then on to the 15 minute wait area where you can sit in socially distanced chairs or in the stands. i was in and out of there in about 20 minutes total, it was truly awe inspiring and emotionally overwhelming.

Wow 6,000 vaccinations a day. That's incredible.

Reactions: jman19

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Showed up at the south Louisville Kroger @ 9:15. Got the shot @ 10:30.

Horribad system they had set up for shots/regular scrip customers.

Whatever... no ill affects so far. I'm sitting on my patio drinking a Woodford Reserve.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Got my first shot - pfizer. Whole thing took 30 min, including me being 10 min early to sign in and the 15 min mandatory waiting period.

Reactions: iRONic

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Grandson dropped by this afternoon for a visit. He had just come from his visiting with his other grandpa. He's a nice guy, but dumber than a sack of hammers. Nam vet, which probably explains much of it, will never talk about his time in Nam.
Lives with his son, my EX-sil, or he would likely be homeless.

Anyway he went on one of his beer runs, (he's a case of Bud Lite every couple of days kinda guy) and at a busy convenience store realized he was the only person wearing a mask, out of probably 10+ people in the store. Got home and called the VA to schedule his COVID vaccine, and got his first dose yesterday.