Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Thank you for very informative video but i am still willing to take my chances even after watching that video.
Have fun dodging your unseen assailant. It can't wait to stab its spike protein into your throat, your lungs, your heart, your liver, your brain. I have no such concern, I'm immune.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Florida just announced the opening of vaccinations to anyone over 60 (it was 65) as of Monday, Mar 15.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Listen we can't be harsh enough to people like this
Eh, it was no biggie for me. I did have to forgo my skating for two days, but I was lucid, functional. Laid low a couple days.

From what I've read and been told #2 is worst than #1 but how much worse is a bit of a crap-shoot.

Hoping I end up on your end of the side-effect spectrum not my ex-wifes!

(btw this morning I'm 98% better ... still a little tired)

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Oklahoma opened Phase 3 at midnight, got vaxxed at 10:12 this morning! Had to drive an hour, but oh well, got it!

Got Moderna. Crazy I bought into their stock in mid-January 2020, read all the naysayers about how they were just an investment scheme, etc. Now it's in me, amazing what we can do when we trust science.

ETA: The rollout in Oklahoma has been fantastic. Too bad the rest of our covid response has sucked.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
WV is doing age 50 and older now. Of course I turn 50 in a few months which is "inconvenient". 343,718 first doses given and 218,473 fully vacinated with a population of nearly 1.8 million. That's 31.4% who have had at least one shot.

wvvaccines.jpg

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
WV is doing age 50 and older now. Of course I turn 50 in a few months which is "inconvenient". 343,718 first doses given and 218,473 fully vacinated with a population of nearly 1.8 million. That's 31.4% who have had at least one shot.

wvvaccines.jpg
It is very interesting to me how the best and worst states are both conservative.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Both of mine consisted of a slightly tender arm or about 36 hours, and that was it.

From what I've been reading that may well indicate you were already at least partially immune.

You MAY already have had Covid or had some extensive exposure.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
well, West Virginia is very socially and geographically isolated, not many people interacting with the outside, so it makes sense a disease from China would move in slowly.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
From what I've read and been told #2 is worst than #1 but how much worse is a bit of a crap-shoot.

Hoping I end up on your end of the side-effect spectrum not my ex-wifes!

(btw this morning I'm 98% better ... still a little tired)
It's possible your second shot reaction will be no worse than the first.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I tried contacting my VA primary care doctor and I got the same runaround. They're still forcing us to contact the hospital in Gainesville to schedule a shot even though they advertise drive up clinics in Jacksonville.

• Wow

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Don't have a problem with anyone getting the vaccine if they feel comfortable with it. When the pandemic started I decided to change what I eat to become metabolically healthy and lose 50lbs instead of waiting for a needle with a very rushed vaccine inside. I feel like that was the responsible thing to do for my family (we all changed our diets).

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
From what I've been reading that may well indicate you were already at least partially immune.

You MAY already have had Covid or had some extensive exposure.
With my co-morbidity issues, if I had COVID I would be in the ICU or morgue. The deck is stacked against me on many fronts, from age, existing conditions, cancer history, gender, and even blood type.

Exposure? Nope, my contact world has been my wife since March 2020. Necessities were brought by family, delivery, and curbside pickup.

Of our friends that have received their vaccine, their experience is basically the same.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
With my co-morbidity issues, if I had COVID I would be in the ICU or morgue. The deck is stacked against me on many fronts, from age, existing conditions, cancer history, gender, and even blood type.

Exposure? Nope, my contact world has been my wife since March 2020. Necessities were brought by family, delivery, and curbside pickup.

Of our friends that have received their vaccine, their experience is basically the same.

If you recall its possible to have had Covid and not even realize it regardless of your pre-existing conditions. Approx 30% of infections are symptom-free.

Unless you've had an antibody test you don't know if you've had it/been exposed to it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Don't have a problem with anyone getting the vaccine if they feel comfortable with it. When the pandemic started I decided to change what I eat to become metabolically healthy and lose 50lbs instead of waiting for a needle with a very rushed vaccine inside. I feel like that was the responsible thing to do for my family (we all changed our diets).

I sincerely hope for your sake you don't get Covid... I also understand the concern over the vaccine but the benefit FAR outweighs the risk IMO given what we now know about the long-term effects.

Problem is Covid is not going away any time soon and given the number of people buying into this nonsense of not getting vaccinated it won't be safe for you to go anywhere or do anything in a crowd for a LONG time.

Of course for ME (and everyone who does the smart, responsible NON-COWARDLY thing) this may be a plus since you'll all be sitting at home instead of inline in front of me at the ballgame this summer.

Enjoy! :p

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I got the vaccine, 12.22.20 and 1.12.21.

Only downside for me was some injection site tenderness on day 0, and arm soreness on day 1. Of course, I did test positive for COVID antibodies back in September of 2020.

A definite upside is now I don't even have to update Windows manually anymore. Whenever I get within 10 feet of my laptop, Gates and Friends can check for the latest version, and when I leave for work they know to go ahead and send out all the updates.

Just kidding, your "I'll just lose 50 pounds and COVID won't infect me" is hilariously absurd, but still hilarious.

Got any more health tips?

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I sincerely hope for your sake you don't get Covid... I also understand the concern over the vaccine but the benefit FAR outweighs the risk IMO given what we now know about the long-term effects.

Problem is Covid is not going away any time soon and given the number of people buying into this nonsense of not getting vaccinated it won't be safe for you to go anywhere or do anything in a crowd for a LONG time.

Of course for ME (and everyone who does the smart, responsible NON-COWARDLY thing) this may be a plus since you'll all be sitting at home instead of inline in front of me at the ballgame this summer.

Enjoy! :p
What makes you think that we are going to sit at home and not go out without getting vaccinated? I am not seeing US creating vaccine passport, the public will not stand for it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What makes you think that we are going to sit at home and not go out without getting vaccinated? I am not seeing US creating vaccine passport, the public will not stand for it.

Given your apparent level of intelligence based on your posts here that doesn't surprise me at all.

You'll almost certainly end up being exposed ... best of luck. You'll be needing it.

*(btw .... shall I call you "Komrade" from now on?)

images

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Given your apparent level of intelligence based on your posts here that doesn't surprise me at all.

You'll almost certainly end up being exposed ... best of luck. You'll be needing it.
For all i know i been exposed, but thank you and you're right I might need it. Maybe say a prayer for me as well?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Maybe say a prayer for me as well?

No sweat bro ... on the serious side I REALLY do hope you don't get sick.

(even if you're a Russian troll)

Thing is I also care about the people you might (unintentionally of course) end up killing. I wish you would do the same.

:(

I've killed a person accidently ... have you? (I hope not) You DON'T want to have to live with that the rest of your life trust me.

Last edited:
Reactions: weblooker2021

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Florida just announced the opening of vaccinations to anyone over 60 (it was 65) as of Monday, Mar 15.

Wife and I are in that category. We're already registered at CDR HealthPro for county and myvaccine.fl.gov for state and FEMA. I'll be trying Publix too. Hopefully we can get scheduled next week since it's only a five year pool. Maybe DeSantis will come open a pop-up vaccine site in our city next week. We have a bunch of rich people around here.

My 92yo MIL goes next week for Moderna #2. I'll be taking her 90yo best friend to Largo next Friday to get her Pfizer #2. Both of them have done great after their first shot.

Last edited: