Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm 11 hours since Moderna #2. I'm in bed reading my laptop, all manner of stuff and just felt kind of warm, so put digital thermometer in my mouth. 99.2F Yay!!!!
I figure that's the best proof my body's manufacturing antibodies!!!!

I was thinking maybe I'll skate my 6 miles today, but will probably hold off. I didn't the day after shot #1.

I really feel alright. On a scale of 0-10 for "I feel sick" I'd say I'm at 1.5.
Yea, hold off on the skates. I'm still not 100%. Came back from my morning walk still dragging a bit toward the end. 2nd Pfizer on 2/27.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yea, hold off on the skates. I'm still not 100%. Came back from my morning walk still dragging a bit toward the end. 2nd Pfizer on 2/27.
I'll see how I feel. I'm pretty gung ho on the skating. I don't want to fall, though. I wear gloves, helmet too, but still, it's a grade and I can get to some pretty high scary speeds. I can do my indoor rowing machine instead, for safety, but it's nowhere near the fun of skating and I can't seem to tease the same level of effort, BPM heart rates I do when skating.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm 11 hours since Moderna #2. I'm in bed reading my laptop, all manner of stuff and just felt kind of warm, so put digital thermometer in my mouth. 99.3F Yay!!!!
I figure that's the best proof my body's manufacturing antibodies!!!!

I was thinking maybe I'll skate my 6 miles today, but will probably hold off. I didn't the day after shot #1.

I really feel alright. On a scale of 0-10 for "I feel sick" I'd say I'm at 1.5

I don't know if my gym's open yet, a 24hourfitness. I saw on news yesterday that Santa Clara County just gave green light for gyms to open at 10% capacity and that you have to make an appointment. I'm in no hurry. I actually feel darn good with all the skating I've been doing, pretty much maxing out with a HR monitor on. My back hasn't felt this good in many years. Really works the core, besides the legs and cardio. I should do some other stuff, though.
Yeah I was going to push myself yesterday and go workout but was like what is the point when I could go today. Plus I knew how I felt after shot #1 at the gym the next day, and I definitely felt worse yesterday than after #1.

And they are doing temp checks at my gym and I didn't want to go and have a fever and they don't let me in, even though it's because of dose #2.

I plan to go tomorrow too though so hoping I'm 100% by tomorrow. Even if I'm no but feel a bit better than I did today I'll still suck it up and go.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I plan to go tomorrow too though so hoping I'm 100% by tomorrow. Even if I'm no but feel a bit better than I did today I'll still suck it up and go.
Check how your muscles feel. I skated yesterday a few hours after getting the shot, so before I felt anything. OK skate, not the best, but OK. In the evening, i.e. 10 hours after the shot my hamstrings were a little sore walking down stairs. I'm not used to that and figured it was the shot reaction kicking in. If you do work out tomorrow you may find you get more sore than you'd expect, I'd guess. Not saying you shouldn't. Your call, of course.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Check how your muscles feel. I skated yesterday a few hours after getting the shot, so before I felt anything. OK skate, not the best, but OK. In the evening, i.e. 10 hours after the shot my hamstrings were a little sore walking down stairs. I'm not used to that and figured it was the shot reaction kicking in. If you do work out tomorrow you may find you get more sore than you'd expect, I'd guess. Not saying you shouldn't. Your call, of course.
Yeah I'll have to see how I feel overall, soreness included. The soreness in my shoulder is completely gone from the shot at this point. Today I did back and biceps and tomorrow is chest and triceps. Chest uses shoulders a bit so I'm glad the soreness is gone, although I would have just lifted right through it since it wasn't that bad.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Just got Moderna dose #2. They didn’t ask me to wait. I guess if someone was going to have an allergic reaction it would have happened the first time.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm 27 hours since getting Moderna #2. Some chill/wam issues, no misery at all. Temperature was approaching 100F for a couple hours and last 1/2 hour it's staying at 100.2F! I figure my immune system is really kicking in. I just felt a hunger pang, guess I'll work up something. "Feed a cold but starve a fever," I figure makes sense as long as you aren't hungry with your fever. But I suddenly am.

They made me wait 15+ minutes both times, no stickers, or whatever but I got what I came for! ;) Never had to get out of my car. Turned the ignition off ~15 times. Took 35 minutes until I was back on the road, start to finish. Glad I'm not one of those snaking through stadium parking lot for 1.5 hours. This was a parking lot but a small operation with cones and around 8 lanes. I'd have gone through quicker if I hadn't arrived 5 minutes before appt window. The lines basically disappeared later on.

Edit: 1/2 hour later, 100.7F!

What I'm not getting is headache. My whole life I've been very fortunate in hardly ever getting headaches and I have never suffered acute headaches. Not sure I have a brain.

My sleep last night was somewhat fitful but not a terrible experience. I haven't experienced anything I'd call miserable in the least.

Treatment on 2nd dose side effects:

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just got Moderna dose #2. They didn’t ask me to wait. I guess if someone was going to have an allergic reaction it would have happened the first time.
That's what I assumed, but, alas, no soup for you!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
That's what I was expecting, especially since it was a drive-thru for dose #2. They were giving both Pfizer and Moderna, actually put blue or pink sheets on dash of your car to indicate which. Done at local high school, and we still had to pull into the school bus lot and wait for 15 minutes.

A couple of days ago I heard an ambulance dispatch on the scanner for a 'reaction to COVID vaccine, but it was it a residence address. I really wonder if it was a reaction, or non-related issue on the same day they got their vaccine.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
About 16 hours later and I have a full body ache and a bit of a headache. I've seen worse.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

They didn’t ask me to wait for 15 minutes after my first Moderna dose which surprised me. My son had to wait for 15 minutes after his first Pfizer.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
They didn’t ask me to wait for 15 minutes after my first Moderna dose which surprised me. My son had to wait for 15 minutes after his first Pfizer.

Guidance seems a bit unevenly applied but I guess that's to be expected.

andy2000

Jul 5, 2011
I just got my first Moderna shot. The building my partner works in is a vaccination site, and today he called to tell me it seemed quiet, so there might be some extra doses left over at closing time. I drove over, and 20 minutes after closing I had a needle in my arm. There were people making calls to try to find enough people for the extra doses. I even overheard a nurse ask if she could take a one home. I'm glad to have it, particularly considering that Texas is opening up 100% next Weds.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Had my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. Didn't sleep well, which may be partially due to other causes. Seemed a bit feverish. A little bit funky today but not a big deal so far.

Last edited:

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I just got my first Moderna shot. The building my partner works in is a vaccination site, and today he called to tell me it seemed quiet, so there might be some extra doses left over at closing time. I drove over, and 20 minutes after closing I had a needle in my arm. There were people making calls to try to find enough people for the extra doses. I even overheard a nurse ask if she could take a one home. I'm glad to have it, particularly considering that Texas is opening up 100% next Weds.
I personally don't understand people that want it but i could be foolish person that will soon learn life lesson.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Feeling fine today. Worst it got yesterday was a moderate body ache any my joints weren't too happy. A more than fair trade for the protection.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
You don't understand why people want a vaccine to protect against a potentially fatal illness?
I am in the age group where chances of serious illness /death is low. Both of us never smoked, in great shape etc. We have decided that for now and maybe long term we will not be getting this vaccine. Like is said i might be doing something very stupid and life will teach me a lesson very soon that i will never forget.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I am in the age group where chances of serious illness /death is low. Both of us never smoked, in great shape etc. We have decided that for now and maybe long term we will not be getting this vaccine. Like is said i might be doing something very stupid and life will teach me a lesson very soon that i will never forget.

Even people with moderate cases are reporting long lingering effects from infection. Just because you won't die or aren't likely to be hospitalized doesn't mean you won't have impacts.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That’s incredibly short sighted. The chance is low not 0. Vaccines protect you and those you come in contact with. The point is to prevent serious illness and reduce the chain of transmission (how herd immunity actually works). Unless there is a medical reason to avoid the vaccine you should get the damn shot when it’s available to you.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
That’s incredibly short sighted. The chance is low not 0. Vaccines protect you and those you come in contact with. The point is to prevent serious illness and reduce the chain of transmission (how herd immunity actually works). Unless there is a medical reason to avoid the vaccine you should get the damn shot when it’s available to you.

This. Someday you too will be old, and then your safety may be dependent on some young and invincible faced with a similar decision.

Viewing this as risk/reward solely for yourself is remarkably selfish.

Viper GTS

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Lets be honest, there is no such thing as 0 on anything. Plane can crash in to my house in the next 10 minutes and i will die. At this point i know many people that been infected with Covid, i do not know a single person that actually died or having long term side effect as result of it. Yes my position on this is selfish.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
I got my first Moderna shot about 18 hours ago. Here in CA there is a regional center for people with disabilities. My son has autism so is part of the regional center. Caregivers for people serviced by the regional center are eligible for the vaccine. Ironically my son is not eligible. It looks like starting March 15th people who have who would have a difficult time if they needed to get treatment are going to be eligible. Yeah, my son would not do well if he had to go in the hospital so he would fit in that category.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So, you'd rather be part of the problem than part of the solution, because reasons, I suppose. Freedumb. Protection of precious bodily fluids. 5G controlled mind control nanobots. Cranio-rectal infarction. whatevs.

Reactions: MtnMan