have you ever punched someone in the face? (or been punched in the face?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

have you ever punched someone in the face or been punch in the face?

• yes, i have punched someone in the face

• yes, i have been punched in the face

• yes to both, i have facepunched and been facepunched

• no, no facepunches for me

• i came close but got out of it (comedy option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PenguinPower

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
I've punched someone in the face, but never been punched in the face...kicked in the face, yes; but, not punched.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
amateur boxing once, i took a beating like rocky balboa but gave one out as well.

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
I don't know how to get into a situation that would end in a fight. Answered no to both.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Never been at the giving or receiving end. Come to think of it, I can't say I've ever really seen any serious violent fight. "fights" in my school involved people pushing each other against lockers, and it ended there.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Never been at the giving or receiving end. Come to think of it, I can't say I've ever really seen any serious violent fight. "fights" in my school involved people pushing each other against lockers, and it ended there.

Same. I came close to beating the crap out of my stepson a few times, but those things never end on any positive note. Came close with a 400lb foreman at work too cause he's a jerk.

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
I've been in boxing, MMA, and I was a scrawny boy with a mouth on him, so yes, I've been punched and punched people. It's never really felt much like anything, just a blast of light as the blow struck my head and a desire to keep moving forward and keep swinging.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Tae Kwon Do team in college (with a mix of other martial arts), so yes and yes.

Outside of that, I was sucker punched once in a bar. I took care of the guy without striking him once. Rule: don't beat up drunks; you don't need to in order to make your point.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
wowww

i have always wondered, are they able to put teeth back in or do you have to get fake ones to replace them?

Depends on how it goes. *story time!*

It was actually done by my best friend; I was pissing him off by acting like I was going to knock over his tower of those collectible Star Wars Pepsi cans. He got fed up with it and took a swing at my shoulder, but instead I turned into his punch and he hit me square in the mouth (no pain, more like pillows and stars).

At the time I was biting in to an apple. Soon my mouth filled with blood and I was like oh man wth happened. I used my tongue to find the gash that was making it pour, and I found a huge gap in my teethline. Baffled (slightly dazed), I asked a third friend that was there if my teeth were missing. He started laughing his ass off; an obvious yes. They didn't break off; they came out root and all (if you read this thread, I mentioned my bite pressure; I have very dense teeth that can withstand the pressure, and thus didn't break at the punch).

Soon afterwards I called my mom and was like "Can you come pick me up? Two of my teeth are missing". I was worried I swallowed them but we found them in the pile of apple guts I was getting into. Went to the dentist, he shoved them back in there, and I endured months of dental surgery to keep them implanted.

Fast forward a year or so and I started getting what I can only describe as pus bubbles on my gums above those teeth; my teeth were rotting beneath the gumline. It didn't hurt because I had no nerves for those teeth anymore. A couple weeks later I went in to have them pulled out. I then had what was basically a retainer with teeth on them for about 7 months until my gums receded so they knew how high to make the fake teeth. I enjoyed popping them out to freak out classmates.

Those months passed, and then they grinded down the ones next to them and I now have a bridge that has lasted me 8 years now.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
been in lots of fights. Never got punched in the face because I tend to block those as best I can. I usually just use my size and strength against an opponent.

I tend to snap if I am forced to fight; I go into a kind of daze. I don't like that feeling. It happened at high school when I kicked the asses of 4 guys, a cafeteria monitor and I nearly assaulted a teacher.

I try my best to avoid fights.

Dice144

Oct 22, 2010
In the Army we use to have barracks brawls.

Before that was in a fight every year (sometimes multiples times) from second grad all the up to 12th grade.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Yes to both. I was a huge nerd in high school, and got picked on a lot. But unlike most nerds, I was athletic and into weightlifting and self defense (as well as science, star trek, and sweatpants). After a few fights people left me alone, as I usually came out better than my opponent.

Last edited:

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Both. I've also broken a 40 bottle on someone's head and slashed someone across the back with a box cutter.

Ah, the good old early 90s.