Have you ever failed a hs/college class?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
I got expelled in my last semester of highschool, so I failed all those classes for that semester. I got expelled because first semester of senior year I missed 25 out of the 90 days of school (passed all classes). I was then warned that I could only miss six days the last semester. Well I missed about 15 the last semester before they expelled me. Its funny cause I was getting some of the highest grades in some of my classes and was only attending about every other day. Well I made it up during a spring makeup thing and got my diploma like 2 weeks later than everyone else.

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
yup! junior year in college got a 0.00, i failed ochem, bio, and physics, i got a pass in chinese, but a no pass in anthropology. never took 5 classes ever again on a quarter system. especially since the classes were in the hard sciences.

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
yup! junior year in college got a 0.00, i failed ochem, bio, and physics, i got a pass in chinese, but a no pass in anthropology. never took 5 classes ever again on a quarter system. especially since the classes were in the hard sciences.

edit: winter quarter of junior year.

pandiebeer

Sep 22, 2003
I almost failed my Honors Physics class, Lord knows what I was even doing in that class anyway...but I totally flunked the final (as well as EVERY other test). I told the teacher, "look, I sit in the front of the class, I do the homework, I stay after school for help, obviously I just don't get it. When my parents see that I failed they are going to call the principal and blame you for not being a better teacher and helping me learn this stuff since I try so hard to get it." So needless to say I got a D+ on my report card.

cain

Banned
Aug 1, 2003
i havent failed any classes yet, but i did fail exams. i got a c- in physics and c in intro to microecon, and i am an econ major too!

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
Yes. But it was a college class that I didn't enroll in or pay for so it was eventually removed from my record.

Somehow I had been enrolled in a class that had the same days and times as another class I was taking and nobody noticed for almost the whole semester. It wasn't until the prof. sent me a letter saying I was going to fail because I hadn't shown up for class or done ANY work all semester that I found out something was up. Even then it took months to get things straightned out. Big PITA!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Choralone
Yes. But it was a college class that I didn't enroll in or pay for so it was eventually removed from my record.

Somehow I had been enrolled in a class that had the same days and times as another class I was taking and nobody noticed for almost the whole semester. It wasn't until the prof. sent me a letter saying I was going to fail because I hadn't shown up for class or done ANY work all semester that I found out something was up. Even then it took months to get things straightned out. Big PITA!

That happened to me in a way, there was a class that was not on my semester schedule/bill, but apparently I was placed into it. I got a F on my final report card for a class I didn't even know about.

The PITA was they were like "You didn't drop yourself before drop/add week" I was saying "How was I supposedly to know to drop myself if I never signed up or paid for that class."

Luckily their copy of my schedule also did not show it on the computer nor that I paid for it. If it would have shown up somehow, I probably would have been screwed.

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
just updating my prior post...i am indeed well on my way to failing my phsics course, but think I'm managed to rape my EE exam.

58 in physics...OUCH

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
No, quite frankly you would have to be stupid or lazy to fail a class in high school in the public school system, i would think.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
How many of you use my strategy. You calculate how much percent you need on the exam to pass the course. Then when writing the exam you're totalling up the percentage to make sure you've passed and then after that you just take it easy! But it could be a bad thing if you figure out you need a 65% on an exam to pass the course. That's why I try to do as much as possible before the exam so that I can fail the exam and still pass the course.

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
yep, college math II, aka advance trigonometry. i failed with a 46. took it the next quarter and got a 66. i suck at math, but i passed second time around.