have they played "hey ya" by outkast enough times in your area?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: americangigolo
Yeah it is getting old.

My girlfriend and her friend love it though, and that Milkshake song, and all that other garbage. But they like dancing and crap like that so they like to dance to the songs. I don't think they like them for their intelligent lyrical content.

I guess that's one good thing you can say about these songs.

It gets the ho's on the dance floor.

- M4H

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: americangigolo
Yeah it is getting old.

My girlfriend and her friend love it though, and that Milkshake song, and all that other garbage. But they like dancing and crap like that so they like to dance to the songs. I don't think they like them for their intelligent lyrical content.

I guess that's one good thing you can say about these songs.

It gets the ho's on the dance floor.

- M4H

Yup... it's just dance music.

edmicman

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
the song is awesome...i don't think they can play it enough. more outkast everywhere!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: edmicman
the song is awesome...i don't think they can play it enough. more outkast everywhere!
It should be the Theme Song for the Honda Civic!

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"None of those groups have had a "single" in the past 15 years (that's a rather generous estimate). Radio and the music industry has changed immensly since any of those groups put out a single. Just because you can judge some groups from the 60's 70's and 80's based on their singles doesn't mean you can do that today."

That's because what passes for 'music' today is CRAP! You certainly can't compare the two! Yesterdays singles are todays classics. Today's singles should be thrown on the trash heap of history, before we have to be subjected to it even once. God knows nobody will be listening to the singles of these worthless groups in the future, let alone the balance of their noise!

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I'm not tired of it yet but the odds are I will be soon. There are only a few songs that I can listen to every day a dozen times a day and still not get tired of them but I the jury remains out on this one. I AM sick of 50 Cent, however and the whole Bad Boy crap factory. I know there are others but I can't think of them at the moment.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ornery
"None of those groups have had a "single" in the past 15 years (that's a rather generous estimate). Radio and the music industry has changed immensly since any of those groups put out a single. Just because you can judge some groups from the 60's 70's and 80's based on their singles doesn't mean you can do that today."

That's because what passes for 'music' today is CRAP! You certainly can't compare the two! Yesterdays singles are todays classics. Today's singles should be thrown on the trash heap of history, before we have to be subjected to it even once. God knows nobody will be listening to the singles of these worthless groups in the future, let alone the balance of their noise!

Here's your logic:

You can judge old music based on its singles, so
you should be able to judge new music on its singles, and
judging new music on its singles,
you find that you hate it

all I'm saying is that you should expand yourself before you say unequivocally that music today sucks because you don't like singles on the radio. Download or buy a few songs I (and others) have recommended and then tell me that it's crap. I couldn't agree more that most of the stuff on the radio is crap but that hardly means all music today is crap as well.