Has anyone here ever been married in a catholic church?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Ramma2
Originally posted by: allisolm
Originally posted by: Ramma2
Yeah, had to do all that, plus a few steps since the wife is one of those heathen methodists.

Yeah, had to do all that plus a few steps since the husband is one of those heathen Baptists. :)

I tell ya, if everyone was a good Catholic we'd all be better off ;)

i was baptized catholic, but i don't really practice anymore. the whole 'no sex before marriage' thing didn't work out for me. that and having really good friends commit almost every sin in the book but still take sacrament without confession pissed me off too. it is really hard to be a 'good' catholic and i have only met a few.

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
God forbid a catholic actually wanting to get married a catholic.

I didn't know you had to take a compatibility test though. ha, my girlfriend and I definitely won't make it past that if we get there.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I was a Catholic (born into a Catholic family and baptised) but I dumped all that sh!t about 2 decades before I even met my wife. She, on the other hand, was a practicing Catholic and wanted a church wedding so I went along with it. We didn't do any of that stuff except I did meet with the priest for about 15 minutes, gave him a donation, and gave him a copy of my baptismal certificate. Thank god my mom was still alive or I doubt I would have had one; I don't even remember where I was baptised, let alone have a copy of the cert.

Anyway, I think the donation bought us the express version because I do remember my wife talking about some of those classes and such and me saying it was not likely to happen. So she must have greased the wheels because the next thing I know, I'm meeting Father Joe, giving him a check and saying thank you very much, see ya at the show. :D

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Mursilis
How dare an institution take marriage seriously!
:roll:

qft - to the church, marriage is serious business. it actually MEANS something, whereas the state only wants to know so you can get taxed properly ;) seriously though - marriage is serious business for the church, it's not like buying a geforce 8800GTX and then trading it off for an R600 when that comes out :p