Imranfish

Sep 11, 2016
Hello, I recently built a new PC, and I keep getting BSODs that say DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and then when i restart my computer, when windows is about to boot up I get another error telling me to insert proper boot device. Then after restarting again my computer finally boots up. Sometimes when I'm on my computer my second hard drive says that its empty, and I can't make or delete any files until I restart my computer, and then I get the insert proper boot device error again. Also sometimes when I shut down my computer, it never shuts off and just keeps saying "shutting down" so I'm forced to hold the power button to turn it off. I think this is probably a mobo problem, because I bought a pretty cheap one, but it could also be a cheap power supply. I get either a crash or hard drive error like 4-5 times a day. The computer is about 1 month old, and I'm pretty sure I have no viruses. my specs are:

CPU: Amd FX-6300
GPU: Nvidia Gtx 970
RAM: 8 GB 1600Mhz (I don't remember exact model, but it shouldn't be a problem)
SSD: 240 GB PNY CS1311
Hard Drive: 1 TB WB Black
MOBO: MSI 760GMA-P34
PSU: 600W Lepa MX-F1

Thank you

Imranfish

Sep 11, 2016
Also sometimes when I try to delete files, I get an error message that says that the file is no longer located there. And then I'm forced to restart my computer in order to delete the file.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I would be more concerned about that power supply than the motherboard. That model does not review well (really the entire brand isn't what I'd call great).
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/02/03/lepa_mx_f1_600w_power_supply_review/9#.V9VfFK07FYU

+1

From the review:

The LEPA MX F1 600W is an example of something that quite simply should never have been sold.

What was surprising is just how badly this unit failed those tests. The LEPA MX F1 600W posted voltage regulation so bad, while it was running, that the qualifier of "while it was running" would not have applied to the system it was attempting to power. That is impressive.

Reactions: Imranfish

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
Disconnect all but needed to boot... what happens? Add one drive at a time.....Try a different boot drive.....

Reactions: Imranfish

Imranfish

Sep 11, 2016
Ok, so I tried to remove my hard drive, and then my computer wouldn't boot without it. After some googling I learned that windows stored some boot instructions on the hard drive, so after I moved them to my ssd my computer booted up again. I replugged the hard drive, for an entire day I haven't had any troubles so far, which is surprising considering how often I used to run into problems. The PSU seems to be an issue, I might have to buy another one that has good reviews. I only bought it because it was very cheap and on sale, I think I bought it for $30 or something. Thanks everyone for the help, I'll see if I run into anymore problems.