superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
As a total hypocrite

Hannity, Who Demanded Assange's Arrest, Now Praises Him
Fox News is set to air the first part of an interview Tuesday night between Sean Hannity and Julian Assange, who Hannity has said in the past should be arrested for "waging war" against the United States.

“I believe every word he says,” Hannity told his Fox News colleague Bill Hemmer Tuesday morning, defending the WikiLeaks founder against criticism that he published documents that U.S. intelligence officials say were stolen by Russian-backed hackers in order to benefit President-elect Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
In December of 2010, Hannity had criticized the Obama administration on his show for not arresting Assange after WikiLeaks published a quarter of a million confidential U.S. diplomatic cables.

“Assange is apparently not done waging his war against the U.S., at least not yet,” Hannity said at the time.

After WikiLeaks began publishing documents hacked from the servers of the Democratic National Committee this summer, however, Hannity changed his tune.
“In 10 yrs @wikileaks has gotten nothing wrong & no one's been killed bc of the info released. #freejulianassange #freeinternet for all,” he wrote on Twitter in October.

During a September interview with the WikiLeaks founder, Hannity told Assange: "I do hope you get free one day."

"Nothing he has published has ever been proven false," Hannity said. "Nobody’s even questioned the veracity or truthfulness of what he’s doing."
Right, because there is no questioning involved in saying what he's doing is "waging war on the United States".

Why isn't this guy flipping burgers? What value does he add to our political discourse other than playing the obvious fool/tool and showing that Fox has no problem with insulting the intelligence of its audience.

— "America, a nation where people fail upward." — Allison Kilkenny

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Everything is partisan. Hacking is always cool when it hurts your opponents, and never cool when it hurts your buddies.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Assange is what every alt-Right moron imagines or wishes himself to be: He doesn't respect laws and travels the world. He associates with swedish prostitutes who unfairly accuse him of sexual assault because they're just jealous of his elite skills and money. He's very shrewd and intelligent, and uses that to fight "for good". He's everything they wish they were, plus he's australian. If he could surf they'd worship him as God.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Everything is partisan. Hacking is always cool when it hurts your opponents, and never cool when it hurts your buddies.

Hacking is one thing. Hacking and releasing, from a state actor or proxy no less, is entirely another. People shouldn't forget that.

Obama could have played this game and released a lot of dirty laundry on Russian politicians, but we generally don't try to emulate the Russians. It's why Russian diplomats and embassy staff aren't harassed, assaulted, burglarized, or come home to find something on fire or shit on. We keep an eye on them, sure, but we're not pricks.

People acting like Putin is some kind of nice guy because he didn't kick out American diplomats is a fucking hoot.

Reactions: interchange

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Just going off the thread title someone really should do something about the cesspool that is Fox News. Between Roger and now Hannity it sounds like a total shit show run by frat boys.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
We keep an eye on them, sure, but we're not pricks.
National Geographic ran a documentary about how the CIA used to test chemicals on Russian diplomats, like LSD.

Of course, the program also featured how one of its members ("our guys") was pushed out of a building because he wasn't a true believer. They were worried that he might expose their chemical weapons testing and mental torture regime that involved dozens of American universities, prisons, etc. His family got a payoff.

The difference between us and Russia is that we get to see the documentary after all the crooks involved are safely dead. In Russia Stalin's statue just gets new polish.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Hacking is one thing. Hacking and releasing, from a state actor or proxy no less, is entirely another. People shouldn't forget that.

Obama could have played this game and released a lot of dirty laundry on Russian politicians, but we generally don't try to emulate the Russians. It's why Russian diplomats and embassy staff aren't harassed, assaulted, burglarized, or come home to find something on fire or shit on. We keep an eye on them, sure, but we're not pricks.

People acting like Putin is some kind of nice guy because he didn't kick out American diplomats is a fucking hoot.

In both cases (the 2010 leaks above and the new DNC ones) it has been about hacking and releasing.

Putin is a tyrant, the foreign hacks represent an attack on America sovereignty which must be responded to, and it seems quite possible that Assange has sold out to Russia in terms of even reporting, but none of that prevents me from enjoying these leaks. I hope the Trump admin gets hit even harder. When the government stops reaching further and further into its citizens' privacy, I'll start to feel sorry for them.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
When has Hannity not exposed himself?

The guy is one of the biggest charlatans on any media platform anywhere. He just happens to have one of the biggest audiences among said charlatans. That's no bueno.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Just going off the thread title someone really should do something about the cesspool that is Fox News. Between Roger and now Hannity it sounds like a total shit show run by frat boys.

You re entitled to your opinion, However they must be doing something right.

http://www.thewrap.com/cable-ratings-fox-news-beats-cnn-and-msnbc-combined-in-primetime/
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/this-weeks-cable-ratings/
http://deadline.com/2016/06/fox-new...-ever-tops-cable-primetime-so-far-1201780736/

And this: http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2016-12-29/fox-news-takes-ratings-crown-for-2016

Cable News Enjoys Banner Year as Fox News Takes Ratings Crown

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
If only argumentum ad populum weren't a fallacy.

He's not doing anything right. He's making money for people, including himself, by doing wrong well enough.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If only argumentum ad populum weren't a fallacy.

He's not doing anything right. He's making money for people, including himself, by doing wrong well enough.

It isn't a matter of your opinion above. It isn't a matter of belief. It is a fact that they ( The Fox Network ) are the tops in rating by all measures.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It isn't a matter of your opinion above. It isn't a matter of belief. It is a fact that they ( The Fox Network ) are the tops in rating by all measures.
Meaningless, since they're the ONLY conservative "news" network on tv.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
National Geographic ran a documentary about how the CIA used to test chemicals on Russian diplomats, like LSD.

Link?

I'm aware of the CIA conducting LSD experiments on both citizens and non early in the Cold War, an era I'm not pointing my comments at honestly. The Soviets are gone and so are the likes of Dulles and Hoover. Additionally I see a distinction between a handful of secret though horrible experiments, and a systemic policy of harassment and intimidation ongoing today. If your link indicates this happened since the wall came down I will be very surprised.

Of course, the program also featured how one of its members ("our guys") was pushed out of a building because he wasn't a true believer. They were worried that he might expose their chemical weapons testing and mental torture regime that involved dozens of American universities, prisons, etc. His family got a payoff.

The difference between us and Russia is that we get to see the documentary after all the crooks involved are safely dead. In Russia Stalin's statue just gets new polish.

I've already cited the difference as I see it. If you have anything to indicate that Russian diplomats endure what ours have throughout, to varying degrees, the Putin and Medvedev years, well I'm all ears. You might have to look beyond Nat Geo though.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
McDonalds is the #1 restaurant chain in the country. We all know what happens to you when ingesting exclusively McDonalds.

So what's your point??

Feb 16, 2005
isn't the kardashian show really popular as well? getting very high ratings and whatnot? ratings != quality.

Reactions: soundforbjt