Halo 3 preorders reach over 4 million ...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: VashHT
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Originally posted by: purbeast0
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Someone enlightening me why Halo is so "teh awesom3!"
It just a great combination of speed, control, and weapons. Halo is one of those games where everything just works.

EDIT: It's my pure opinion that everyone who bashes the Halo series online has either never played a Halo game, only played it for a short period and based their opinion on the series by 15 minutes of gameplay, or are Sony fanboys.

Don't forget to add 'or are PC FPS purists'. I find no fault in that even if I disagree with them bashing a game even if they have never played.

+ "controlling FPS with a controller is too hard for me to learn and when I try other kids own me with a controller so I'll not even give it a try to get better and will just bash it and stick with my mouse/keyboard"

Hah yah. If someone wants to say that controlling fps games with a controller is so much more difficult than a keyboard/mouse then wouldn't that mean that those who kick your ass with a controller would be doubly efficient at ass kicking with a mouse/keyboard? :p

That doesn't make any sense, usually people who are used to PC FPS get killed on console games because they're simply not used to a controller. I know when I first got GoW I sucked pretty bad, but eventually got much better, and then quit and went back to playing my computer. But yeah you guys don't realize you're just as bad as everyone who hates the game, I've played many hours of halo 1, and plenty of halo 2(though not so much cause i hated 1), and I still did not like them. It's annoying as hell because people think there's something wrong with you if you don't like Halo, like its the absolute perfect game that everyone must like.

I hated halo 2 and regret ever buying it. I wanted it to be good but it just didn't appeal to me

VIAN

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2003
This is impressive, considering how bad Halo 2 sucked. But the appeal is probably the multiplayer more than anything else.

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
Anything Halo on a PC forum always degenerates into a bashing-fest. Some people just enjoy the whole package and how it plays and how it *feels* to play it. Saying things like "I don't get why..." just means you don't get it. So don't try to nor belittle those that DO get it.