Guys, would you date a girl smarter than you?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blundar

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
I would LOVE to date a girl smarter than me.
Most of the time I just end up with a girl different smart than me.
Artistic, musically gifted seem to be top picks for me.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< I'm waiting for the girl that's my equal or greater... haven't found her yet. >>

Good heavens, I just realized that I really sound conceited...

I meant that I haven't found the girl that I think understands me on my level... that is, fits with me, etc... so yeah. Please don't misinterpret that too much.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Sure, why not? Of course, with someone like me, that would be difficult to do. ;)

It's always nice to have someone close to you that you can also learn from.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I find intelligence a huge turn on. If I can get out-trivial-pursuited on a constant basis, that's major points, even if I whine like a bitch when I lose. :)
I actually prefer smart girls; ignorance is unbecoming on anyone and I can't stand to be around people who do or say things out of stupidity.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd happily date a woman smarter than me, as long as she only used her powers for good. With power comes responsibility and the need for humility. If she made it a habit of pointing out that she was smarter than me just to put me in my place, I'd kick her to the curb and point out that I'm better looking.

Grommet5

Banned
Feb 6, 2002
hell yeah, it would increase the chances that my offspring would be smarter, because i would want them to be more successful than me in life. :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I strongly agree with a couple of the other posters here that intelligence can be very, very sexy.. For often within intelligence lies a sense of creativity and a desire for self-exploration which are truly joys to encounter.

I have dated women who are my intellectual equal (or equal to superior in different ways), and I've also dated women who, well, were not. I'll stick with creative, spontaneous, intelligent women any day.

:)

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001

<< Maybe instead of neffing around here you should take on an extra job to help pay for the extensive dental work that you obviously need.

Is that classifying you? Or declassifying you?
>>

You sir are an idiot :|

EDIT: as for the subject of the thread... Yes I would date a girl who is smarter than me. Actually, I already do :). Smart is sexy :)!

Well, she thinks I'm smarter than her... Oh how I fear the day when she notices the truth....

;)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Heck ya...and hopefuly she has more money to...always thought girls were smarter anyway. :D

Grommet5

Banned
Feb 6, 2002

<< always thought girls were smarter anyway. >>

Ofcourse women are smarter, how do you explain a 20 year marrying some 50yr with millions of dollars, she then has his baby and he has support her for the rest of her life. :)

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999

<< I find intelligence a huge turn on. If I can get out-trivial-pursuited on a constant basis, that's major points, even if I whine like a bitch when I lose. :)
I actually prefer smart girls; ignorance is unbecoming on anyone and I can't stand to be around people who do or say things out of stupidity.
>>

I don't know many people who can out Trivial Pursuit me, last time it was me against 5 2-man teams and I beat 'em. And I agree that intelligent people are on the whole more attractive. Worse than someone who just isn't intelligent (not much they can do about that), is someone who dumbs themselves down, or pretends to not be intelligent, especially women. I saw it more in HS, in college it reduced by a huge amount, but I still saw it some. Haven't run into many people like that after college, so hopefully it's gone by now :)

I do say stupid stuff sometimes, doesn't mean I'm dumb :)

Beatles

Banned
Nov 6, 2001

<< Yes, i would, definately. But the only problem with smart girls is that i've had trouble with them opening up to reveal that intelligence. And for the *other* girls out there, i had to figure out the hard way that they didn't have anything to reveal. >>

Why do people have such trouble spelling definitely?

bugsysiegel

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2001
I've only managed to find one woman dumber than me, so I have little choice in the matter. :D

But yes I would, intelligence turns me on. :p

May 31, 2001
Yes, but it not a requirement, as long as she is fairly intelligent in general. Dated a girl once that was not that bright, and I was miserable.

May 31, 2001

<<

<< Disclaimer: I didn't choose my nick out of any overdeveloped sense of vanity but instead to mock you who have to classify all females as hot or otherwise. ME >>

Maybe instead of neffing around here you should take on an extra job to help pay for the extensive dental work that you obviously need.

Is that classifying you? Or declassifying you?
>>

Where I come from we call it "Being a jackass."

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
If I didn't I couldn't date anyone:Q

I have dated both smarts girls (some good some bad married one of the good ones)

ANd I have been with my fair share of girls that were a few french fries short of a happy meal:Q

Smart all the way.

Dumb is fun but it get old.

I was accually able to convince a girl that LITE beer was OK because It didn;t have as much alcohol, SO it was OK for me to drink!

And RUSS does anyone have as muck money as YOU?

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
"Anybody smarter than me wouldn't date me. Actually, come to think of it, that's true of the dummer ones too. "

IgorFL

Jul 23, 2001
Yes, I would... and have.... but on one condition - I have to know she's not manipulative.