Guess what's spreading in Trump country?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
That authority is contingent upon a whole set of protocols by the federal bureaucracy. You know, da rules. There would be lawsuits flying from every direction if the Prez attempted to do what you suggest w/o the approval they'll never grant. Hillary would be in the same situation. National legalization is up to Congress & we both know it.

As is it, prohibition is snakebit because of the choice Obama & Holder made back in 2013. Framing it as States' Rights left prohibitionists at the wrong end of their own bullshit. We just need to slog it out state by state, I'm afraid, until the nay sayers are swept into eventual compliance. That's reality.

But do go on with the usual Blame Obama! bullshit.

As you say it was a political decision. I know the rules, apparently far better than you. You invent a path and require that it be the only way, to violate federal law which we are bound to by Treaty. States in violating that are violating the Constitution as a result.

You embrace and protect to the point where it does harm.

The CSA is law, is Congressional action which allows the Executive Branch to lawfully change the schedule of a controlled substance. No further authority is required. It is not an assumed authority, it has already been lawfully granted decades ago, a Constitutional act.

People have been harmed and you circle the wagon, but your argument is a fallacy.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Also you just back Arizona Joe's contention. If his government feels that Federal law in inappropriate then he has a right to disobey. You sensibilities are not wanted, the law is not and the Constitution it is based upon.

You are taking a very right wing position indeed, just for different reasons. Be a good idea to walk that back.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Let's remove any restrictions on firearms. Since the Red States are for that then you can laugh and clap at the results.

Yep everyone has to carry a functional firearm for 1 year. No one is required to use one of course.

I am cool with that on a couple conditions: it's restricted to red states, and gun range is comfortably below 30000 ft :) Other than that, give them all the weapons they want.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Opiate overdoses have spiked from 2013 and onward. Are we attributing a 20 year lag to Reagonomics and the opiate epidemic?

The decline in the value of labor is continuous. Each decade is much bleaker than the previous, for those living without a safety net.

Trickle Down is a theory that if you cut taxes for the rich... good paying jobs will magically return. Because... reasons. Reality is far removed from that delusion. The wealth of Wall Street continues to flow overseas, and when it doesn't... it goes to automation here at home. Labor is slowly being removed from our economic equation. So then, without paying your consumers a wage, how does one maintain the flow of goods and services?

Answer that one, and you'll see there is only one option.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The decline in the value of labor is continuous. Each decade is much bleaker than the previous, for those living without a safety net.
Trickle Down is a theory that if you cut taxes for the rich... good paying jobs will magically return. Because... reasons. Reality is far removed from that delusion. The wealth of Wall Street continues to flow overseas, and when it doesn't... it goes to automation here at home. Labor is slowly being removed from our economic equation. So then, without paying your consumers a wage, how does one maintain the flow of goods and services?
Answer that one, and you'll see there is only one option.
Manual and repetitive office labor is becoming a thing of the past. The latter is actually the primary target of automation, because it's higher paid, not very automated yet, and less capital intensive, since it can be done in the cloud and does not have an expensive physical robotic component.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As you say it was a political decision. I know the rules, apparently far better than you. You invent a path and require that it be the only way, to violate federal law which we are bound to by Treaty. States in violating that are violating the Constitution as a result.

You embrace and protect to the point where it does harm.

The CSA is law, is Congressional action which allows the Executive Branch to lawfully change the schedule of a controlled substance. No further authority is required. It is not an assumed authority, it has already been lawfully granted decades ago, a Constitutional act.

People have been harmed and you circle the wagon, but your argument is a fallacy.

Da rules- basically Catch 22-

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/reschedule.pdf

The CSA established an impossible set of rules for the Executive branch to legalize cannabis on its own.

I embrace none of what you claim to be harm. If I had my say, cannabis would be as legal as beer.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Da rules- basically Catch 22-

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/reschedule.pdf

The CSA established an impossible set of rules for the Executive branch to legalize cannabis on its own.

I embrace none of what you claim to be harm. If I had my say, cannabis would be as legal as beer.

johnflowchart-2.jpg

This is the accurately described process. It requires an Administration willing to look at the facts and then it takes the appropriate action. The DEA is not needed, nor is Congress.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Here's the easiest route. The Sec of the HHS examines a the current state of knowlege regarding addiction potential relative to other substances and if there is a medical use. Because we are a signatory to treaty we can't remove cannibus from Scheduling without withdrawing from the international convention but we MAY reschedule to any level of control as we determine appropriate.

It next goes to the AG who reschedules as the HHS determines. The AG is bound by the decision of the HHS. There is no veto power.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
It is kind of hilarious that the problems Republicans thought were of minorities they hate are now killing their own kids. Karma is a bitch this way. I wonder if they still think "AIDS is a cure, not a disease."

Yea so I read your first couple of posts. I won't read the rest through the rest though. Just this reply. And I've seen plenty of nonsense that you say. I mean you love antifa asshats resorting to violence FFS. You are a fucking dumbass and I can't stand you. I'm anything but republican. You are so filled with hate though that it's honestly disturbing. But I'm not going to get upset with you and your right to free speech. Not worth the elevated blood pressure. You are a moron who probably doesn't realize how out of touch you are.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Yea so I read your first couple of posts. I won't read the rest through the rest though. Just this reply. And I've seen plenty of nonsense that you say. I mean you love antifa asshats resorting to violence FFS. You are a fucking dumbass and I can't stand you. I'm anything but republican. You are so filled with hate though that it's honestly disturbing. But I'm not going to get upset with you and your right to free speech. Not worth the elevated blood pressure. You are a moron who probably doesn't realize how out of touch you are.
I am sorry my hate for Nazis (in other thread) upsets you. If it's truly causing elevating blood pressure, it's definitely not worth getting upset. Cheers. As far as red-staters and their health problems, I repeatedly and consistently voted in effect to raise my own taxes to pay for their health care. They repeatedly and consistently vote in effect to cut my taxes and gut their own health care. So who truly hates them in a meaningful way? Me or themselves?

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

tongue fcuk that nazi asshole my victim.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
I am sorry my hate for Nazis (in other thread) upsets you. If it's truly causing elevating blood pressure, it's definitely not worth getting upset. Cheers.

Haha Nazi's, nice. And I said it's not worth getting elevated blood pressure. At first I couldn't understand how simple you were and it was frustrating. I let it all go though, I'm not going to get pissy or change someone's opinion that they hold dear. I guess we can just agree to think the other is a moron :)

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Haha Nazi's, nice. And I said it's not worth getting elevated blood pressure. At first I couldn't understand how simple you were and it was frustrating. I let it all go though, I'm not going to get pissy or change someone's opinion that they hold dear. I guess we can just agree to think the other is a moron :)

except he probably pays more in taxes then you make.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Yes, Nazis. That's who I am OK with Antifa fighting. You are not. Which is cool. I understand pacifist tendencies in face of evil.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
except he probably pays more in taxes then you make.

Yea, that's rather unlikely, unless he makes a shitload of money. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm some burger flipper, who you probably think should be making $15/hr anyway.

Yes, Nazis. That's who I am OK with Antifa fighting. You are not. Which is cool. I understand pacifist tendencies in face of evil.

Well you certainly hate the second amendment, so why not the first? People should be able to say whatever stupid shit they might believe in as long as it is not threatening someone. All this nonsense ant protesters at that Richard Spencer speech at the University of Florida earlier this week is a great example. I don't get it. If no one bothered showing up to protest and it was just a small showing of white nationalists, it wouldn't be a big deal. Giving him an audience is what he wants.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Yea, that's rather unlikely, unless he makes a shitload of money. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm some burger flipper, who you probably think should be making $15/hr anyway.

Well you certainly hate the second amendment, so why not the first? People should be able to say whatever stupid shit they might believe in as long as it is not threatening someone. All this nonsense ant protesters at that Richard Spencer speech at the University of Florida earlier this week is a great example. I don't get it. If no one bothered showing up to protest and it was just a small showing of white nationalists, it wouldn't be a big deal. Giving him an audience is what he wants.
That's a tactical discussion for another thread.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yet again, overdoses did not start surging until about 4-5 years ago. So oxycontin laid in wait for 20 years before it started becoming addictive? What about the largest overdose group aged 25-34?

The largest cause of the overdoses in USA is illicit fentanyl. Which has been around for longer than oxy, but only recently has become a huge problem.

It was 4-5 years ago that the DEA started shutting down the pill mills & addicts turned to black market substances.

youre only starting to be aware now.

economic despair has much to do with it.

overdoses are cause because what youre getting varies unless its medically prescribed.

tightening the belt on scripts has driven many to heroin, which is of course underground and unregulated. the margin of error is slim with opiates, very slim. if you dont have a reliable/stable quality source, well...this is what you will see.

Quite true. The other side of it is that when addicts relapse, quite common, they don't have the tolerance they did when they quit, either. It's easy to OD on the first hit, particularly with new stuff.

My best friend from junior high into mid-life overdosed in 1989. He never really was an addict but rather what they called a chipper, an occasional user. He bought a bag that was a lot stronger than he thought it would be.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

Giving Richard Spencer an audience is what the left wants. As you noticed, criticism of certain posters is greeted with the response of being a Nazi. The Left is using Spencer and his ilk in an attempt to label people as Nazis because you don't support their Liberal positions 100%. Several hanger-ons floating around performing their obligatory drive by insults because they think the "cool kids" might notice them.

Don't worry about money because everyone on here makes six figure incomes, the best education, and several supermodel companions making the best sandwiches.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
WTF do Nazis have to do with the opioid epidemic & blood borne diseases like HIV?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It was 4-5 years ago that the DEA started shutting down the pill mills & addicts turned to black market substances.

Quite true. The other side of it is that when addicts relapse, quite common, they don't have the tolerance they did when they quit, either. It's easy to OD on the first hit, particularly with new stuff.

My best friend from junior high into mid-life overdosed in 1989. He never really was an addict but rather what they called a chipper, an occasional user. He bought a bag that was a lot stronger than he thought it would be.
sorry that happened man, its terrible losing a friend or loved one, even to drugs.

some people really just dont know how this works, so hopefully others in the thread can consider the root cause of drug problems.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Giving Richard Spencer an audience is what the left wants. ....more stuff

lol, it's like you're just reaching into your ass and pulling out whatever nugget your crack releases. Where do you even come up with a nonsense statement like this? First: it was evil leftists hating free speech and not letting Richard Spencer and Nazis talk.

Now, the left wants Richard Spencer front and center. So your strategy is, when one nonsense argument fails, you make the complete opposite, equally nonsense argument, because you think that this is how issues exist? One assumption is wrong, therefore the direct opposing assumption must be correct? Is this how your head works?

I'm curious about your USF transcript and I'm starting to wonder if you breezed through online or something.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Those people are reaping what they have sewn over many many years. I say let them have it, in spades. They have demonstrated a distinct ability to double down on stupid, well the stakes are getting very real now, but it's ultimately down to them to save themselves. Many liberals I know who used to care, frankly don't anymore after Trump. If you want to gut your flyover community's health to give us coastal elites a tax cut on our stock compensation, we'll take it, thank you very much.

Real liberals did and do care, don't confuse them with the new generation of Uber, Apple, Silicon Valley social justice liberals that looked down at middle America as uneducated deplorables while looking out for themselves and their stock portfolio, all Trump did is give them the reason they needed to stop pretending they actually cared.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
lol, it's like you're just reaching into your ass and pulling out whatever nugget your crack releases. Where do you even come up with a nonsense statement like this? First: it was evil leftists hating free speech and not letting Richard Spencer and Nazis talk.

Now, the left wants Richard Spencer front and center. So your strategy is, when one nonsense argument fails, you make the complete opposite, equally nonsense argument, because you think that this is how issues exist? One assumption is wrong, therefore the direct opposing assumption must be correct? Is this how your head works?

I'm curious about your USF transcript and I'm starting to wonder if you breezed through online or something.

What is up with your fascination about USF? I guess when you cannot make a rational point your resort to insults. If the exchanges with you were verbal, I'm sure it would be a constant barrage of yelling and flying spittle from you. Rules of your playbook. Seems like rule #10: You are working to polarize "Trump supporters" by associating them with Richard Spencer types and thus isolating them from sympathy and then attacking those people. You seem to try hard at rule #5 but you should follow rule #7.

The Rules
  1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have." Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. "Have-Nots" must build power from flesh and blood.
  2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people." It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
  3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy." Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
  4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
  5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
  6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy." They'll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They're doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
  7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag." Don't become old news.
  8. "Keep the pressure on. Never let up." Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
  9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself." Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
  10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
  11. "If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive." Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
  12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative." Never let the enemy score points because you're caught without a solution to the problem.
  13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.