Gtx 260 216 - gtx 470

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
The 560 Ti is MUCH better than a 470 stock for stock

Not according to techpowerup. gtx 560 ti is 5% faster both overall and at the OP's resolution. I personally don't think that $150 for a gtx 470 is particularly wonder b/c, as mentioned, you can regularly find a 6870 (2 % slower than gtx 470) for that same price and have much better power/heat/noise. But if you're just comparing it to other current nvidia offerings it's a pretty good deal and will probably end up being a good purchase for the OP.

severus

Dec 30, 2007
Thanks for the advice so far, but here are two points

Any deal thats slick on Newegg is not slick to me. I live in New Jersey and get charged full sales tax from them (7%) so $140 is more like $155AR.

I can't fit a larger monitor on my desk. I have one of those workstations with a book shelf on top? The max width I can fit is about 20" (the entire monitor not just the screen). So unless I throw out my near $600 desk and go to ikea an buy a new one, a 24" LCD ain't happening.

If microcenter or amazon ends up having a 6870 I'd be interested, but it seems like even at some lower resolutions more ram on graphics cards can be beneficial. I do not want to run dual video cards ever. I prefer the single card solution.