GTA San Andreas $29.99 at CUSA this Sunday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KiltedFool

May 30, 2001
I always have to laugh when I see typos on signs and ads and stuff like this that it was someone's job to check.

"Unbelivable"?

I know it makes me a pedantic geek, but I was already.

Thanks OP, nice price, is it only for Sunday?

alm4rr

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
It's available online...

I almost bought it until I saw: "SHips in 2 - 4 weeks"
Er wha?

according to their schedule, regular ground would still take 19-35 business days to deliver and with 2nd day,
16-30 business days!!

For $15 more, I'll just go to BB and get it
too bad no CUSA @ here

zinkpig

May 13, 2001
here's what I did:
1) I went to compusa to get the flier.
2) Got the gamer gift card at bestbuy for $20.
3) Then bought the game with the gift ard and some more cash at $49.99-5=44.99+tax (gamers gift card coupon, on the back of the gamers gift card box)
4) Went over to customer service with the ad and price matched to Compusa's price
5) They refunded 110% of the difference which was 49.99-29.99=22+tax
6) Final price : $23+tax

A bit of work but oh the satisfaction of becoming a devil at bestbuy : Priceless !

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: zinkpig
here's what I did:
3) Then bought the game with the gift ard and some more cash at $49.99-5=44.99+tax (gamers gift card coupon, on the back of the gamers gift card box)
4) Went over to customer service with the ad and price matched to Compusa's price

A bit of work but oh the satisfaction of becoming a devil at bestbuy : Priceless !

Too much trouble for me to save $6.

JammingJay

Golden Member
Mar 11, 2003
Well, now I know why CUSA sometimes has a bad rep when it comes to customer service.

I went to their Santa Clara, CA location right when they opened, and amazingly they had the sale tag on the shelf, but not a single copy of the game.

When asked a store employee, they said they had 6 copies (but obviously had not sold all 6 since I was one of the first ones there). When I pointed showed the employee the shelf, the employee was puzzled, and still could not locate a single copy instore or in the stockroom.

Whats hilarious is they don't give rainchecks, and the website indicates still they have copies in stock even 2 hours later. Sheesh, last time I try to save a few dollars by going to CUSA. :disgust:

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
I was a little concerned about their inventory as well. They did have the PC version which is what I was looking to get. The Xbox version was no where to be found in my local CompUSa.

imported_Dhaval00

Jul 23, 2004
Why won't ppl goto BB or Fry's (or any other store for tht matter tht PMs) and get the game if CompUSA doesn't have it in stock - simple solution, isn't it? Too good an offer to pass!

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: JammingJay
Well, now I know why CUSA sometimes has a bad rep when it comes to customer service.

I went to their Santa Clara, CA location right when they opened, and amazingly they had the sale tag on the shelf, but not a single copy of the game.

When asked a store employee, they said they had 6 copies (but obviously had not sold all 6 since I was one of the first ones there). When I pointed showed the employee the shelf, the employee was puzzled, and still could not locate a single copy instore or in the stockroom.

Whats hilarious is they don't give rainchecks, and the website indicates still they have copies in stock even 2 hours later. Sheesh, last time I try to save a few dollars by going to CUSA. :disgust:

If it isn't obvious to you, ill point it out. All 6 were bought by employees, those ones that still show up as in stock are in stock...a couple of employees are still on the clock.

geekz0r

Oct 8, 2004
my compusa had zero in stock so I grabbed the printed ad and went to walmart and did a pricematch, they looked it over for 5 minutes confused at the low price but I ended up getting it for 30 dollars.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: zinkpig
here's what I did:

I just asked them to pricematch it, then threw a $5 coupon down and asked if they'd still take it, he looked at it and said it doesn't say anything about not being valid if a PM is also done, so he took it. $24.99 + tax total.

But as someone pointed out above, apparently that won't always work as sometimes a CSR will tell you that you can't do the coupon AND a PM

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
"Whats hilarious is they don't give rainchecks, and the website indicates still they have copies in stock even 2 hours later. Sheesh, last time I try to save a few dollars by going to CUSA."

its happened to me before also. my sympathies

edit: got one this time though. thanks to op

Mookem

Jun 29, 2001
Got to my CompUSA around 11:00 am on Sunday - 1 hour after they opened. There was a column of 4 racks all labeled for GTA San Andreas but there was only 3 GTA San Andreas boxes on all 4 shelves. Store wasn't busy and no one else bought GTA SA while I was there..so looks like they just had very limited stock. Great price - game is running fine on my PC (so far:)). Perhaps they will get more inventory during the week.

bchreng

Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Dhaval00
Why won't ppl goto BB or Fry's (or any other store for tht matter tht PMs) and get the game if CompUSA doesn't have it in stock - simple solution, isn't it? Too good an offer to pass!

The Fry's in my area took an extra step and temporarily dropped the price down to $29.99 for the PC version. :confused:

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
buy the game FIRST, THEN go back for the pricematch
it's IN the flyer
gl

(if this is against forum rules to advise, moderators please delete)

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
game is too good -- the explosions are different now
unfortunately they bog the system down -- the fog does too
rockstar should have included an option to disable those? typical designers