gross female cop gave me a citation today. stupid hick town

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Female cops are 99% bad where as male cops are like 85% bad to deal with. It's a male dominated professional full of tough guys, so all the females have these giant chips on their shoulders.

thats the vibe i got. especially when i asked her first name and she barked "deputy jones". i wanted to be smart and say "really? never knew ANYONE with the first name deputy! is that greek?"

like i said though, i just gave her a nice "fuck you" look and let it go. i have better things to do like post in atot. :biggrin:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
when i drive about 4 miles a week, the months go by fast. i was hoping i could just make it 12 months and skip a year of paying the stupid fee, honestly.

Can't do that here, they will charge you massive late fees and make you register it for the previous year.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Next time bring up how much you love the WNBA and female MMA fighting and talk about how successful your sex change operation was.

i might! like i said, everyone knows everyone in this town, so im sure ill see her somewhere. she actually looked kinda familiar to me, so maybe my dad knows her. he will like this story, thats for sure.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I've driven without a current registration because I was too broke to buy one before. Eventually I got caught too. Difference is I counted myself lucky for every day I didn't get caught. I never thought the cop who pulled me over was being a special kind of dick to little ol' innocent me. I felt like I was already ahead by the number of days I had driven without getting pulled over.

Every day you drove without getting pulled over is a day you were gifted by the universe itself. Getting pulled over was nature reasserting itself and correcting the imbalance. Seeing it any other way is being a colossal spoiled crybaby.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
that cant be true... if they dont have proof you were driving, they cant charge you for just owning it :/

Well they do have proof, they pulled you over.

also don't they check miles during inspections? they could see if you were driving.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
you do realize it does not work that way...the fees get higher over time??

not that i know of, because you can park your car and not drive it. if you have a garage and keep it there, there is no law that says just because a title is in your name means you have to register it for driving.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I've driven without a current registration because I was too broke to buy one before. Eventually I got caught too. Difference is I counted myself lucky for every day I didn't get caught. I never thought the cop who pulled me over was being a special kind of dick to little ol' innocent me. I felt like I was already ahead by the number of days I had driven without getting pulled over.

Every day you drove without getting pulled over is a day you were gifted by the universe itself. Getting pulled over was nature reasserting itself and correcting the imbalance. Seeing it any other way is being a colossal spoiled crybaby.

thats because the cop wasnt a dick to you then. . big time. sure, if i would have fought back im sure she would have really made my day bad, but again i just dont know why she was a bitch before anything even happened. she clearly didnt get enough pussy the night before or something...

Last edited by a moderator:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Good Morning SlitheryDee that is just so very true.....excellent input!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
thats because the cop wasnt a dick to you then. this wise and beautiful woman WAS. big time. sure, if i would have fought back im sure she would have really made my day bad, but again i just dont know why she was a bitch before anything even happened. she clearly didnt get enough pussy the night before or something...
problem is you admitted previously to the cops being cool and letting you slkide knowing full well your regustration was expired.....there comes a time when enough is enough and it was that time for you.....sorry about your troubles!

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
problem is you admitted previously to the cops being cool and letting you slkide knowing full well your regustration was expired.....there comes a time when enough is enough and it was that time for you.....sorry about your troubles!

i do get that. i knew my time was coming at some point, but like i said its just about as petty as jaywalking. what was $100 is now amost $300, and its just stupid. all she had to do was say "ill come see you in a week, and you better be caught up". trust me, she has plenty of time for a revisit.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Can't do that here, they will charge you massive late fees and make you register it for the previous year.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Haven't seen a state yet that'll sorta forget a year's registration fees, incl. late fees, penalties, etc.

not that i know of, because you can park your car and not drive it. if you have a garage and keep it there, there is no law that says just because a title is in your name means you have to register it for driving.

Good point, but you're forgetting you have to turn in your plate to effectively cancel the registration. Keep the plate, you're obligated to pay its fees, no matter how of a "scam" you think the fees are.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
ok boys im done with the thread! first time i ever received an infraction in off topic for foul language! peace out, mother truckers!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Depends on the state, but MOST state laws say that if you aren't going to drive the car, you either have to register it as "non-operational" and you can NOT drive the car at all, or you pay the full registration fee for the year.
If you skip a year, you have to pay the full registration fee...PLUS the late fees. In California, the late fees add up quickly. (IIRC, after 90 days it's 160% of the registration fee...plus the annual fee.)
Pay me now...or pay me later...and if you choose "later," we'll also ticket you if we catch you driving.

Sounds like the $100 fee would have been cheaper than the ticket.

Gerle

Aug 9, 2009
i do get that. i knew my time was coming at some point, but like i said its just about as petty as jaywalking. what was $100 is now amost $300, and its just stupid. all she had to do was say "ill come see you in a week, and you better be caught up". trust me, she has plenty of time for a revisit.

So if she had done that, would you have paid the registration then? If you somehow would be able to find the money in that case, why haven't you done it already? Move to AZ, I paid less than $125 for five years.