gross female cop gave me a citation today. stupid hick town

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
When he said he was going to leave the forums, I honestly thought this was just a parody of AMDhunter's AIDS needle and farewell threads.

He did not post/visit yesterday

Ksyder

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2006
I'm housesitting at my grandfather's lakefront property right now so this thread really tugs at my heartstrings. If any cops try to mess with me I'm going to put them in their place.

Oddly enough I was talking to my grandpa yesterday about my car registration and he asked me if I had it with me. I showed it to him.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
And how do you know that they ran your plates.

Did they stop you and issue you a warning?

If so, they were doing you a favor and you ignored them. That is disrespect compounded.

I was thinking they might have seen the expired registration, ran the plates, saw the plate matched the car, no wants or warrants, didn't observe any violations and let it slide. Perhaps multiple times. So there might have been a number of times he could have gotten pulled over and they let it go. Then this time a cop sees that it's been expired for months, and decides NOT to let it go.

I think if my reg was expired and noticed cops behind me and nothing happened, I would beat feet to get it renewed figuring I got a break by not getting pulled over that first time. Not tempt fate by figuring my luck would hold out forever.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I got pulled over last night. Cop says I went through a red. I says I went through a yellow. He threatens me. I pull out dash cam with wide angle lens and it shows me going under a yellow.
He smells my breath and lets me go.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I got pulled over last night. Cop says I went through a red. I says I went through a yellow. He threatens me. I pull out dash cam with wide angle lens and it shows me going under a yellow.
He smells my breath and lets me go.

It's the end of the month and they want to meet their quotas. They are pretty blatant about it here. That's why I wore my Looxcie camera when driving home this morning and, sure enough, I saw lots of people pulled over.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It's the end of the month and they want to meet their quotas. They are pretty blatant about it here. That's why I wore my Looxcie camera when driving home this morning and, sure enough, I saw lots of people pulled over.

It was also 11:30 and statistically speaking most of us are drunk at that time.

rga

Nov 9, 2011
Called: surrender the plates

Plates == registration

Here in Ontario one purchases plates and also pays $70 per year to register them. The plate owner is then given a decal with a month and a year - the registration expiry date - to attach to the upper-right corner of the plate. A vehicle can't be registered without one's proof of ownership and insurance. One can sell one's car and keep the plates forever. Perhaps our system of vehicle registration is similar to that of the state in which the OP lives.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
register when you buy, inform them (deregister) when you sell, i can understand that. i dont fully agree with why the govt needs to know what car i drive but i accept it.

however, given those two rules i do NOT know why i have to keep re-registering ever year or every other year. that cant serve any functional purpose. just a cash grab and annoyance.

Car registration aka tabs each year help pays for the roadways, but most states are like the Fed with Social Security money. It all goes into a general fund. A few years ago MN had a proposal pass that said money collected for roads has to be separate from the general fund and can only be used on roads.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Here in Ontario one purchases plates and also pays $70 per year to register them. The plate owner is then given a decal with a month and a year - the registration expiry date - to attach to the upper-right corner of the plate. A vehicle can't be registered without one's proof of ownership and insurance. One can sell one's car and keep the plates forever. Perhaps our system of vehicle registration is similar to that of the state in which the OP lives.

NY is pretty smart - you don't get to keep the plates - you have to surrender the plates - AND pay to turn them in! (Only a dollar.)

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Quality threads like this are far and few between.

What`s sad is that the OP actually think he was being wronged here.
Some people can't handle the truth. And now he is gone........

LOL.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
You do realize that in most states she could have did a lot worse.

This is a YDI. Hell, I think with your attitude bitch should have took your car also.