Great Start to the Semester?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: hanoverphist
Originally posted by: eakers
i can almost guarentee the company that owns that machine will take it away and not put another one in it's place.

doubt it. i had a soda machine in the laundry room next to my apartment as a younger me. this machine ripped me off all the time, and the final straw i told the guy that serviced it that i would take my lost money out on the machine if it ripped me off one more time. he said bullshit. it ripped me off one more time, so i took a 30oz framing hammer to it. got my money back, a couple sodas and left it open for everyone after to get a drink too. they took it away, replaced it and asked me if i had anything to do with it. of course i said no, and that was the end of it. the replacement machine worked much better and didnt steal money half the time. they wont pull it for good unless its a common issue in that location.

Excellent.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Fantastic start to the semester. I just got rained on (and wasn't wearing my raincoat) a lot.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
The best vending machine story I have was when I picked Mountain Dew, and it gave me Dr. Pepper. Yuck.

maxster

Banned
Sep 19, 2007
LOL.

It's true that you did commit a crime. I wonder if any jury would convict you though. I know I wouldn't.

:beer:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
PICBJ2-0041.jpg for the naysayers.

If you ask me, taking the money was akin to finding a $10 bill in the street and taking it; not looting a guys wallet. If we didn't take those coins, someone else would have, what difference does it make? I've gone out of my way to make sure people got their stuff back (found a wallet twice, as well as a cellphone, got all three back to their owners).

Not like you could have brought the loot to the office there or anything :confused:

Our movers at our building took liberty of not only taking the snacks in an open machine during the move, but over $100 in bills and change (the machine accepts $20).

The unfortunate thing was one mover came forward and said he took a snickers, but didn't touch anything else. The moving boss canned the guy. They never found out which guy(s) actually looted the cash drawer.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeff7
The best vending machine story I have was when I picked Mountain Dew, and it gave me Dr. Pepper. Yuck.

Blasphemy! Dr. Pepper is awesome. This story could've only been better if it was a Dr. Pepper machine. Alas, it's a Coke only campus :(.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Bah who cares. I'm sure most people would do the same.

Granted if this was more than energy drinks and $10 in change it'd be a different story.

Nov 7, 2000
i would have taken two cans, given one to my friend and had a laugh

if you knew the machine would do that every time you went to it, would you go back every day? where do you draw the line?

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: HardcoreRobot
i would have taken two cans, given one to my friend and had a laugh

if you knew the machine would do that every time you went to it, would you go back every day? where do you draw the line?

I am going to need an energy drink after Chem tomorrow morning. If it does again spit out every single item for the button I press, I'll leave them for passersby and call the local Coke bottler, because if this thing's still broken they should know.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Ethics don't matter since it's just a pop machine so kudos to you !