Gov. Sarah Palin About To Speak

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: hellokeith
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: hellokeith
Online gambling is illegal, and offline non-sanctioned gambling is illegal in my state. So whether I won or lost the bet, I'd lose because I'd be breaking laws (and AT'ers would no doubt make a thread to the effect that any conservative Christian participating in illegal gambling is a hypocrite).

You do know that you share your religious distaste of *gasp* gambling with Osama Bin Laden, don't you? :shocked:

(Watches hellos' head assplode.)

And you do know that gambling is legal in some states? Roulette used to be my game but my last couple runs in Shreveport were quite poor. Thinking about heading back and trying out a Hold'em tourney though.

(Watches perk epic fail at making an equivalency between terrorists and normal religious people. More "guns n' religion" talk from the out-of-touch elitist left.)

And no I do not know if Obama will win or lose the election.. it's the dem's election to lose.. but Palin definitely helps McCain with the base, and the conservative base may be the ultimate difference in this election, since nobody listens to Hollywood liberals and the youth vote never shows.
Contradiction in terms.

But I would have guessed, as a fundie, you would have been fundamentally against gambling also...

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
Anyone else love how she complains about the attacks on her children, than whores them out for political points? Hypocrite.

You are a disgusting ass. You know the candidates always introduce their families.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: CorCentral
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Dishonest eh? What's wrong with $20.00?
It means your cheap.... Man up or shut up.

This, punk, this.

$20 is the loud cry of the gutless pussy. Where money is concerned, Gladys, "trust me" doesnt' cut it. Oldsmoboat is holding the $200 total Sinsear and I put up in his paypal account, but, of course, there are transaction fees. $20 is chicken-ass chump change, chump.

I don't give a fuck what you've already bet. From my standpoint, you're acting all fucking high and mighty making posts against McCain and Palin, bitching and moaning. I thought you'd like free money since you're Obama's new bed mate.

I come along and bet $20. that McCain will win the Presidency, and you call me a pussy for only betting $20. How Lame.

Why waste people time with $20? Why don't you just bet for a fucking $1?

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
You know what I'm getting sick of? The same response from the Obama campaign about anything and everything McCain and GOP. From their statement tonight:

"written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."

I get it, I know why you're doing it, but it's really getting fricking annoying having the Dubya line dumped on us in EVERY DAMN STATEMENT. Believe me, you have the people sick and tired of Dubya on your side. I feel like its deja vu with the Guliani and 911 lines.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: RichardE
Anyone else love how she complains about the attacks on her children, than whores them out for political points? Hypocrite.

You are a disgusting ass. You know the candidates always introduce their families.

Uh huh...

Reminds me of Hilarys BS, "don't attack my daughter please ect ect, now excuse me when I dress her skankily and send her to all the young male super delegates and whore her out".

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: dawheat
You know what I'm getting sick of? The same response from the Obama campaign about anything and everything McCain and GOP. From their statement tonight:

"written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."

I get it, I know why you're doing it, but it's really getting fricking annoying having the Dubya line dumped on us in EVERY DAMN STATEMENT. Believe me, you have the people sick and tired of Dubya on your side. I feel like its deja vu with the Guliani and 911 lines.

That's politics 101. You always have to stay on message. Always.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I come along and bet $20. that McCain will win the Presidency, and you call me a pussy for only betting $20. How Lame.

But... you are... because you don't offer a stake that truly means something to you.... Unless $20 is meaningful to you...

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari

What about the change, oh the change?

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by: rchiu

Totally agree - there was some quote some person made, the gist being he hoped an Obama - McCain election would pull us out of the muck, but instead we're drowning in shallowness.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: rchiu

That too. This isn't rocket science. You need to define yourself and your opponent before others do. Once people have memorized the adjectives then your job is done.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07
Simply amazing she was. That's exactly what this country needs. My girl, a democrat was cheering and clapping for her and that speech swayed her to vote for the ticket. Simply awesome. Any body that has known or been with a strong woman - that's what Palin is. A WOMAN, a real one and her speech only solidifies that - an incredible woman and a perfect running mate.

So how come you hate Hillary?

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Dishonest eh? What's wrong with $20.00?
It means your cheap.... Man up or shut up.

This, punk, this.

$20 is the loud cry of the gutless pussy. Where money is concerned, Gladys, "trust me" doesnt' cut it. Oldsmoboat is holding the $200 total Sinsear and I put up in his paypal account, but, of course, there are transaction fees. $20 is chicken-ass chump change, chump.
I think he was actually baiting you. I thought cc was really confident as with his usual bluster but upon reviewing his post

I'd wager some PayPal cash that she'll hold her own and then some against Biden!
it doesn't look like it - pretty weak, really.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001

But... you are... because you don't offer a stake that truly means something to you.... Unless $20 is meaningful to you...

So if I bet $1000., it would make a difference in this matter? You can be all buddy buddy you want and agree with him. I don't, and Im not going to kiss his ass because he's a mod.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
The speech that Governor Palin gave was well delivered, but it was written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years. If Governor Palin and John McCain want to define 'change' as voting with George Bush 90% of the time, that's their choice, but we don't think the American people are ready to take a 10% chance on change," said Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman.

Staying on the John McSame stategy

Jun 27, 2005
:laugh::thumbsup: BRILLIANT! Just watched the speech on DVR (She was on while I was at work) She absolutely blew the place up.

Fantastic introduction to the country. With all the bullshit circling around her she got up there and showed herself to be completely unflappable. Tough, smart, witty...

EPIC smackdown on Obama. I figured she'd needle him a bit but, wow. That was in-your-face smack-down. "I guess being the mayor of a small town is kind of like being a community organizer... except you have actual responsibility." Chris Matthews hit the nail on the head... She's not there to pick up the Hillary voters... she's a torpedo aimed at the Obama ship.

Tons of great one-liners that will be repeated on talk shows and news clips.

Sweet. I couldn't have possibly cared less about this election until last Friday. Over the weekend I perked up. Now I'm in it. I care. And I'm not the only one, I guarantee it.

You guys can poo poo her all you want. I don't care. She hit it out of the park tonight. She was picked to be a cultural juxtaposition against Obama and she's not going to back down for anything.

Smart, working class... Not an entrenched millionaire power broker... Completely middle america... If McCain manages to win this thing it will be because of her.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: smashp
The speech that Governor Palin gave was well delivered, but it was written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years. If Governor Palin and John McCain want to define 'change' as voting with George Bush 90% of the time, that's their choice, but we don't think the American people are ready to take a 10% chance on change," said Bill Burton, Obama Campaign Spokesman.

Wow... you skipped parroting the talking points, and just copied and pasted them! Great!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

So if I bet $1000., it would make a difference in this matter? You can be all buddy buddy you want and agree with him. I don't, and Im not going to kiss his ass because he's a mod.

Wait a minute! It's been 20 minutes since I ACCEPTED YOUR $20 bet AND your insistence that MechBgon hold the money by paypal, since you didn't trust oldsmoboat as the the third party holder, AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BULLSHIT HERE WITHOUT responding that you accept my acceptance??

Wow, you're really acting like a DISHONEST troll. :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: QED

Wow... you skipped parroting the talking points, and just copied and pasted them! Great!

I posted a cited quote from the oposing party's campaign and briefly commented on their stategy. Is this somehow Un related to the thread.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
With this vp selection, mccain has made it crystal clear that it's all about winning to him. The last two elections where won with rovian tactics. He's got a couple of rove's lieutenants on his staff now. Not a big surprise that he's using what has been a winning strategy up to now. The only question now is whether the electorate will fall for it again.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: spidey07
Simply amazing she was. That's exactly what this country needs. My girl, a democrat was cheering and clapping for her and that speech swayed her to vote for the ticket. Simply awesome. Any body that has known or been with a strong woman - that's what Palin is. A WOMAN, a real one and her speech only solidifies that - an incredible woman and a perfect running mate.

So how come you hate Hillary?

Because she's no Tammy Wynette, standing by her man and stuff.

Anyways, if Hillary's last name was still just Rodman and not Clinton, she wouldn't be where he is today-- she'd already have finished her two terms as President.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh yeah, it was a great speech... the Pubs don't need an economic plan or an energy or any other kind of plan to lead this country. They just need everyone to be Republicans. Or else apparently.

:roll:

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005

I posted a cited quote from the oposing party's campaign and briefly commented on their stategy. Is this somehow Un related to the thread.

Your brillant comment was simply "Staying on the John McSame strategy" after simply quoting a press release? Please, don't quit your day job with that wonderful, incisive bit of information.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001

Wait a minute! It's been 20 minutes since I ACCEPTED YOUR $20 bet AND your insistence that MechBgon hold the money by paypal, since you didn't trust oldsmoboat as the the third party holder, AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BULLSHIT HERE WITHOUT responding that you accept my acceptance??

What in the fuck are you talking about? The bet is still on numbnut.

First you call me a Troll and a Cheap Ass and now it seems your'e pushing this I don't want to bet thing?

Wow, Obama and you should get a room. I never called the bet off.
I Accept your Acceptance :laugh:

You must be a teen.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

Your brillant comment was simply "Staying on the John McSame strategy" after simply quoting a press release? Please, don't quit your day job with that wonderful, incisive bit of information.

Was my comment somehow incorrect?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

What in the fuck are you talking about? The bet is still on numbnut.

First you call me a Troll and a Cheap Ass and now it seems your'e pushing this I don't want to bet thing?

Wow, Obama and you should get a room. I never called the bet off.
I Accept your Acceptance :laugh:

You must be a teen.

Still on from when. After I finally agreed to your terms by pm, you went SILENT.

You're a FLAT OUT LIAR. :|