Gotta Love Verizon....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Originally posted by: deathkoba
Verizon is the worst fvckin company ever. I'll eat a handful of turd if I could make that company go down.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but I agree with the sentiment.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Gurck
Verizon is the worst fvckin company ever. I'll eat a handful of turd if I could make that company go down.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but I agree with the sentiment.

Why?

For some reason it seems like Verizon's service is generally good, there are pockets here and there of bad service. Some of the cousins have told me stories of attrocious DSL reliability and speed.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

Why?

For some reason it seems like Verizon's service is generally good, there are pockets here and there of bad service. Some of the cousins have told me stories of attrocious DSL reliability and speed.

we used to have local phone service + dsl with them. my dsl bill was $40/month. the bill always went over $100+. I could look at the bill for hours and still couldn't figure out where were all those fees/taxes come from.

hell with verizon.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DaWhim

Why?

we used to have local phone service + dsl with them. my dsl bill was $40/month. the bill always went over $100+. I could look at the bill for hours and still couldn't figure out where were all those fees/taxes come from.

hell with verizon.

heh..you should of seen our comcast bills last year.. ...to put it in an understated phrase for effect...

"not having outlandish charges on our bill would have made us call comcast due to suspiscion"

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Spotty service, lots of mysterious extra charges and "accidental" charges for services not rendered, less-than helpful / knowledgeable staff, difficult to access services (you have to navigate a maze to get to your email, and I never was able to figure out how to utilize my webspace - FTP access attempts give me a forbidden error). On the flip side, they don't outsource, and the people I've spoken with when calling them have been very pleasant, though desperately in need of basic training about their services and company.

WPFossil

Feb 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Captain_Howdy
Originally posted by: Captain_Howdy
I love NOT having a cell phone...

no friends?

That, and the fact that my landline works flawlessly..

No cell phone here either.

As for Verizon, I had problems when I first got DSL. After mindless calls with their reps, they finally agreed to send out an actual tech who climbed up on the phone pole and fixed the problem. It's been working great ever since.

I think just about every company these days puts up a "shield" of customer service people whose job is to give you just enough of a hard time so that you'll give up and stop bothering them unless you have a real problem. You just have to persevere until you get real help.

It's not the way it should be, but that's the way it goes these day.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
I never had a problem with Verizon. They're my land line provider and my DSL provider and they've been great....

But ever since PrimeCo turned into Verizon Wireless, I've been through hell and now have bad credit because of it.

My original "PrimeCo calling plan" was incompatible with their billing software. There was no "product code" for the package I had. They switched packages on me for one that was actually BETTER for me, but when they did they "renewed my contract." They didn't say I had a contract with them. They just assumed I knew.

When I pointed out to them that I never agreed to or signed a contract, they said that from the time I paid the first bill under that new plan, I agreed to the terms of that contract.

WTF?!?!

I told them to piss off and cancelled.

They gave me bad credit and handed it over to a collection agency. BASTARDS! They will burn in hell.

Yossarian451

Apr 11, 2002
When I ordered DSL from them they outright lied to me. I was specifically told that there was a "special" it was DSL 29.99 for 3.0/1.0, I verified taht she indeed gave me those speeds, we went through the order 3 times, each time she was specific on speed and price. I was happy, ordered. When it finally came in I installed and low and behold it was only a 1.5/500 service.

SO I called up verizon and spent 45 minutes because they first sent me to the wrong person, a technician. He didn't know what was going on and did a line check said everything was fine then sent em to billing, he actually sent me to the wrong coast for billing.

I got transfered.....3 people later.... talking to a manger and her only recousre was that I had recieved bad information and that they would comp that month. I told her that I didn't want to be comped I just wanted promised services rendered.

I went over countless times ranting about the fact that it was indeed a contractual agreement and it would be illegal for me to use the service and pay arbitrarily. If I had ever learned where the home office was I would have raised hell like never before.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: LtPage1
...youre the one who signed the contract.

ive got verizon, never had any trouble, more than extremely satisfied with em. In short: I own.

Heh..that's the "thing."

I got a link on my verizon wireless page to upgrade my phone. ( have been out of a 2 year contract that expired last november) I assumed they would ask me about renewing my contract, but in the end, I had bought only th e phone.

Before I bought it by submitting my order, I called them and they let me know that I needed to go to a Verizon store to sign a contract. Once at the store, the guy clicked a few things on his computer. I didn't have to sign anything.:confused:

If your signature is not on it, you are not legally bound to any Verizon Wireless contract.

:beer:

Actually we can do one or even two year contracts without a signature, most states will allow one year contracts that are verbal and in the northeast a 2 year verbal contract in New Jersey and Pennsylvania is binding. Also, a click of the mouse or if you go through the automated system and press 1 to agree to the terms it is recorded and is legally binding.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Not only do they erase all my Voice mail when I get a new phone...

Not only do they Sign me up for a 2 year contract when I ASKED FOR A 1 YEAR CONTRACT...

You can dispute a 2 yr contract but if you paid 2 yr pricing you will have to pay for the difference and your current contract must be less than a yr to sign a new 1 yr contract.

Not only do they erase my phone number...

Not only do they have no idea my account is so fvked up...(no voicemail, so calling?!/)

Not only did they make me spend 30min+ on the phone with tech support...

Why would they have to get you a new number? Numbers just don't get erased in the system, it looks like they set you up with a new account and just closed the old one.

hmm...I thought I had a point here but I guess I forgot it :thumbsup: I know I was in the middle of a rush of unstoppable rage, but I guess it has passed...

At least now I can use my Nokia 6015i ! :thumbsup:

<--customer beaten into submission:confused: