Gotham (TV series) at FOX

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
tonights show was pretty good. the writing and acting is top shelf. Im a big batman fan and i didnt think i would like this universe. but it has sucked me in and really dig each show.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Interesting turn of events...
So Fish's powers can only be used once on someone?
vlcsnap_error677.png

Nice that the wife had that green dress...
vlcsnap_error458.png

Doppelgänger!
vlcsnap_error600.png

Mad hatter next week!

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Really? The Mad Hatter and Alice? WTF? is this a DC comic or a episode of Once Upon a Time?

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011
Interesting turn of events...
So Fish's powers can only be used once on someone?

No...she can use them more than once on folks it's just every time she uses them on someone she essentially dies a little more. But she's not limited to only one use per person.

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
She was created just for the show...but based loosely on a plot device in the Batman universe of The Mad Hatter being a pedophile and kidnapping girls who he called "Alice" as a continuation of his sick obsession with Alice in Wonderland.
There actually has been an ALICE in the D.C. universe for quite a while.
The big difference in Gotham, Alice being the Mad Hatters (Dr. Jervis Tetch) sister.
In the DCU Alice (Beth Kane) was Kate Kane's (Batwoman) supposedly dead twin sister. :wink:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Alice
aka http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Kane_(New_Earth)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011
There actually has been an ALICE in the D.C. universe for quite a while.
The big difference in Gotham, Alice being the Mad Hatters (Dr. Jervis Tetch) sister.
In the DCU Alice (Beth Kane) was Kate Kane's (Batwoman) supposedly dead twin sister. :wink:

Knew that. What I actually meant was this version of Alice was created specifically for the show.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Tonight's episode was pretty darn good for a fall finale, heck, it beats most other shows as well.
Selina's mom is still kicking, I guess that was her on the roof? (She was married to Falcone in the comics)
Alfred did a nice knife stab on that guy, anyone recall what his name is/was (can't tell if they will bring him back or not)?
Also, how did Owl know he was infected?
Comes back in January.

Reactions: OutHouse

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I'm going to miss Gotham and Lucifer for 6 weeks. But that was a good episode. I'm glad they resolved the storyline with Falcone's son. Although that's going to lead to some interesting conflicts.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Tonight's episode was pretty darn good for a fall finale, heck, it beats most other shows as well.
Selina's mom is still kicking, I guess that was her on the roof? (She was married to Falcone in the comics)
Alfred did a nice knife stab on that guy, anyone recall what his name is/was (can't tell if they will bring him back or not)?
Also, how did Owl know he was infected?
Comes back in January.
thx!
didn't know they had a new episode.
all other shows had their fall finale 2weeks ago.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
that was a good episode. I'm glad they resolved the storyline with Falcone's son. Although that's going to lead to some interesting conflicts.
I cringed.
of course it falls into the river, leaving no proof it was a self defense shot.
the promise he made is broken.

How will he get back into people's good graces, this time?
Last time with the murder of Galavan, Penguin took the blame.

thinking about it a little later, this could be easily resolved:
1) blood work will offer some proof/credibility
or
2) he doesn't die

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I still don't get why...
Lee injected the tainted blood into herself.
She knew what it did, and she wants Jim to take the virus so they can be together again, but she could have done that without taking the virus, so... ???

2 hour Finale next week!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
the new story line with poison ivy is stupid.

people are killing plants so im going to kill people.
ugg...

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
does no one shot in the head die?
butch and now
Sophia

I like the previous Poison Ivy better.
the plot line for this new one sucks.
plus the previous one dressed sexier

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Next year is Season5 and will be the final season with just 13 episodes

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
tomorrow is the series Finale.

wonder why they used Nyssa instead Ra's al Ghul's other and better known daughter, Talia?

also, the people playing Jim Gordon and Lee Thompkins (chick from Firefly) are married in real life 2 years ago.
guess they became an item in real life as well as on the show.

and lastly, the show reached the 100 episodes, which is the magic number for lucrative syndication rights.

edit:
wonder why the show disfigured Penguin?

Last edited: