Got two battlefield 2142 servers opened for Anandtech players!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Smartazz
Does anybody on ATOT ever do this for Battlefield 2?

There was a Battlefield 2 server, but I forgot the IP or where to find the thread.

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Googer

There was a Battlefield 2 server, but I forgot the IP or where to find the thread.

I had actually opened the BF2 server, but I ended up closing it. While I do prefer BF2 over 2142 it's just far too hard to keep a BF2 server popular nowadays. The 2142 servers haven't been open for long but they've been consistently packed around the clock, which is definitely nice.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Qosis

I had actually opened the BF2 server, but I ended up closing it. While I do prefer BF2 over 2142 it's just far too hard to keep a BF2 server popular nowadays. The 2142 servers haven't been open for long but they've been consistently packed around the clock, which is definitely nice.

So THATS what happened to the server...damn...Loved BF2...

Oh well, my gaming days are currently on hiatus!

SilverTorch

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2000
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
:thumbsup: for doing this but i refuse to install spyware on my computer.

Not really spyware, when you authenticate to the server your IP address is known to the server and prolly EA master servers as well. EA uses only your IP address to figure out your geographical location ... so that the language on the dynamic billboards matches, thats all

but thats not going to convince you is it? :D

liquid51

Oct 14, 2005
I have 2142 (bestbuy gift card: "What to buy?" purchase) but I haven't really spent much time with the game. However, I would like to. And playing with fellow ATers would be cool. Have room for beginners?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: toolboxolio
Originally posted by: So
<--- Refuses to buy BF2142 b/c of ads

but :thumbsup: for doing something for the AT community. :cool:

don't believe something from hearing it once from an unconfirmed random source.

play the game, tard nuts.... no ads.

no, just major game review sites and G4 mention it...

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: So
<--- Refuses to buy BF2142 b/c of ads

but :thumbsup: for doing something for the AT community. :cool:

Do you have cable or satellite? How do you justify paying for channels with ads?

etalns

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
You are bumping this thread but you never answered what happened to the BF2 Server. Well???

From earlier:

Originally posted by: Qosis

So yes, I did respond! ;)