Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Finally, just got in today! :D

Waiting on the 4th one - coming in next week! :thumbsup:

c70a1a66_2ilygjd.jpeg

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
Nvidia should send you the fourth one complementary, you're responsible for half their business in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Get those boxes off of that gorgeous desk. I want to see a full shot of that beauty..

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
Didn't come packaged with your motherboard? All of my motherboards have them packaged.

i recently moved and i threw away a lot of stuff. i found a couple crossfire cables, but no sli :(

i wish mobo makers would integrate auto sli/xfire bridging.

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
if i had that much money to waste it wouldnt be on graphics cards.

You need to work on your imagination skills

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Any user with more than one should be scolded for using air. ;)

I say F-that

What's this ego thing some people have water cooling? Did it in 2005 and realized I upgrade far too quickly to make the small improvement worth it. Yesterdays water cooled setup will always get trounced by todays air cooled component. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I say F-that

What's this ego thing some people have water cooling? Did it in 2005 and realized I upgrade far too quickly to make the small improvement worth it. Yesterdays water cooled setup will always get trounced by todays air cooled component. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I have setups that are utterly unsustainable without liquid cooling.

With the air cooled cards your GPU temps are in the 80s loaded.
With (proper) liquid cooling your GPU temps are in the 30s loaded.

It's that simple.

Loaded = 24/7 running compute (very heavy load) not gaming or benchmarking.

With multiple cards you have more noise and higher temperatures. If you don't require heavy continuous loading the stock cooler may suffice. It's also likely to throttle especially if you want to tap into unused power via special bios or other hardware modifications.

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
I say F-that

agreed. however, i still water cool my CPU. with all the close loop systems out there for really cheap, it's kind of silly to go with a high-end air cooler over water these days. you also get brackets for every socket, and can get a new bracket direct from mfg if a new one comes out. :)

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have setups that are utterly unsustainable without liquid cooling.

With the air cooled cards your GPU temps are in the 80s loaded.
With (proper) liquid cooling your GPU temps are in the 30s loaded.

It's that simple.

Loaded = 24/7 running compute (very heavy load) not gaming or benchmarking.

With multiple cards you have more noise and higher temperatures. If you don't require heavy continuous loading the stock cooler may suffice. It's also likely to throttle especially if you want to tap into unused power via special bios or other hardware modifications.

If I had those requirements, then sure, I'd water it up.

I don't have those requirements and likely never will. The stock air cooler was designed around my requirements.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
agreed. however, i still water cool my CPU. with all the close loop systems out there for really cheap, it's kind of silly to go with a high-end air cooler over water these days. you also get brackets for every socket, and can get a new bracket direct from mfg if a new one comes out. :)

I'd be running a true high end air cooler on my CPU instead of the closed looped system I have now. The ASRock Extreme11's tight arrangement prohibited that from happening.

Last edited: