Got a ticket this morning :(

Aug 26, 2004
for rolling through a stop sign at 4am...not another car on the road...fairly open intersection...you can see traffic coming both ways for about 300 ft when you're still 50 feet from the stop sign...i slowed down from 35mph and rolled through it at about 5mph...a cop that was sitting 2 blocks down then proceeds to haul ass to catch me...covers 4 blocks in the amount of time i cover 2...and since i was going 30mph...means she was going 60 in a 30mph zone with no lights or siren on to catch me that quick...then she actually writes me a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign...i was incredulous...keep in mind this is a town of 9000 people...in the 20 minutes i was pulled over not a single car drove past...i asked her if that was really neccessary, she replied "you broke the law, you pay the price"

never mind she had to do twice the legal limit to catch me that quickly :roll: i almost said something, but thought better of it...hopefully i can convince the judge to dismiss it, considering the circumstances

now i shall wait for the replies of "it doesn't matter what they do they're law enforcement, you broke the law, pay the damn ticket and stfu"

sonz70

Banned
Apr 19, 2005
Shoulda made a scene and asked the damn cop to write herself a ticket for breaking the speed limit.

Of course...only if you had no drugs/other offencable items in the car.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: sonz70
Shoulda made a scene and asked the damn cop to write herself a ticket for breaking the speed limit.

Of course...only if you had no drugs/other offencable items in the car.

clean as a whistle...i just figured if she was actually going to write me a ticket for that...if i had made a big scene, she would have convienently found other things to write me tickets for...

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
meh a ticket is that all...you cry baby, come back to me when you have been dragged out of a car a gun point, shoved to the ground and hand cuffed.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Stumps
meh a ticket is that all...you cry baby, come back to me when you have been dragged out of a car a gun point, shoved to the ground and hand cuffed.

been there, done that

i got arrested on a traffic warrant when i was 18...5 cops with guns pointed at me...they apoligized for their actions later...said it looked like i was going for a weapon :roll:

i'll admit, i don't look like a catholic schoolboy, but that was ridiculous

Originally posted by: quakefiend420
Originally posted by: jumpr
You should have killed him with ellipses.

?

is this some morning cvnt joke us night cvnts don't get?

cause i'm not fvcking laughing jumpr!

:p
Ellipses: "..."

sonz70

Banned
Apr 19, 2005

been there, done that

i got arrested on a traffic warrant when i was 18...5 cops with guns pointed at me...they apoligized for their actions later...said it looked like i was going for a weapon :roll:

i'll admit, i don't look like a catholic schoolboy, but that was ridiculous

At least they didn't tazer you like that girl in the tazer movie.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
hehe I got my licence handed back to me and was told to drive home, right after a 30 minute police chase involving 3 interceptors...I out ran all 3 and had lost sight of them......Until I ran out of fuel...bloody thirsty ass ford V8's

hehe I got my licence handed back to me and was told to drive home, right after a 30 minute police chase involving 3 interceptors...I out ran all 3 and had lost sight of them......Until I ran out of fuel...bloody thirsty ass ford V8's
BIGGEST SHENS EVER.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
what the hell is SHENS, i hear this all the time and I have no idea what it means..speak english damn it

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
SHENS is short for shenanigans. Basically they're saying you're full of sh!t.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: jumpr
BIGGEST SHENS EVER.

i have to agree...stumps, i like you, you're generally a cool guy...but i gotta wave the bs flag on this one :)

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: orakle22
SHENS is short for shenanigans. Basically they're saying you're full of sh!t.

no I still have the four summins to court that I got and I did 2 and half years with out a licence, because of it, the fact was the only reason I got caught was because I ran out of fuel, you all seem to forget...I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA..nice long straight roads to wind out big heavy V8's on...and a very leaniant justice system.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
and for the record I was charged with DRIVING IN A MANNER DANGEROUS TO THE PUBLIC, SPEEDING HIGH RANGE :188KM/H IN 60KM/H ZONE, FAILING TO STAY IN SINGLE LANE OF DUAL LANE HIGHWAY and final FAILING TO USE LEFT INDICATOR WHEN CHANGING LANE.
I will have to dig through all my paper work but when I find the summins and the police report I will post them for you non believers.
But after the police had sussed out that I was a dumbass they gave me a lift back into town to get some fuel and back out again to my car and told me to drive home.
All while laughing at me for running out of fuel.

Aug 26, 2004
and for the record I was charged with DRIVING IN A MANNER DANGEROUS TO THE PUBLIC, SPEEDING HIGH RANGE :188KM/H IN 60KM/H ZONE, FAILING TO STAY IN SINGLE LANE OF DUAL LANE HIGHWAY and final FAILING TO USE LEFT INDICATOR WHEN CHANGING LANE.
I will have to dig through all my paper work but when I find the summins and the police report I will post them for you non believers.
But after the police had sussed out that I was a dumbass they gave me a lift back into town to get some fuel and back out again to my car and told me to drive home.

if you post scans of the paperwork i'll apoligize...but this just sounds like too much to be true

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

I believe the call of shens was when you seemed to say that they let you go.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
that was in 2000 just after my 21st birthday, I got 2 and half years disqaulification, $586 fine and 150 community service for being a dumb ass...but until i ran out of fuel I had out run the 3 interceptors and had lost sight of them, I just fail to keep an eye on the fuel gauge, the work 5 litre in my '76 fairlane proved too thirsty to do full throttle for 30 mins flat, the funny thing was it was right after returning from seeing the movie "GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS" one of my friends in car still qoutes me on when I first saw the intercepter coming in the oposite direction "MY CARS RELATED TO A MUSTANG I'LL GET AWAY"

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I was the subject of a police chase once, although I didn't even know it.

I guess I was just driving fast. I stopped at a stop light and just about the time it turned green the cop pulled up behind me. He told me there was road block set up for me about 300 feet down the road on the other side of a small bridge that we were facing.

When I went to court the lawyer I brought got it down to 10 over since they lost sight of me and never really were able to clock my speed.

That would have been close to 30 years ago.

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Squisher

I believe the call of shens was when you seemed to say that they let you go.

yeah, that's what I understood from it.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsei
should say "hehe I got my licence handed back to me after 4 tickets"

well i didn't get handed any tickets, they arrived in the mail a few weeks later, although the police did give me a printed copy of the radar read out

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
for rolling through a stop sign at 4am...not another car on the road...fairly open intersection...you can see traffic coming both ways for about 300 ft when you're still 50 feet from the stop sign...i slowed down from 35mph and rolled through it at about 5mph...a cop that was sitting 2 blocks down then proceeds to haul ass to catch me...covers 4 blocks in the amount of time i cover 2...and since i was going 30mph...means she was going 60 in a 30mph zone with no lights or siren on to catch me that quick...then she actually writes me a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign...i was incredulous...keep in mind this is a town of 9000 people...in the 20 minutes i was pulled over not a single car drove past...i asked her if that was really neccessary, she replied "you broke the law, you pay the price"

never mind she had to do twice the legal limit to catch me that quickly :roll: i almost said something, but thought better of it...hopefully i can convince the judge to dismiss it, considering the circumstances

now i shall wait for the replies of "it doesn't matter what they do they're law enforcement, you broke the law, pay the damn ticket and stfu"

All you need to go is go back to the stop sign, and take a picture of the part that says "except if you're Quakefiend, at 4am, when you don't see any traffic." Show that to the judge, and you're off the hook.

An ounce of prevention, as they say, is worth a pound of cure.