GOP Mailer - Obama Bucks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

However you want to call it. None the less I'm not suprised the Left thinks its ok to use racist remarks and tactics, but should the Right do so its somehow offensive.

Article

Woman has campaign signs vandalized

Written over the original white lettering in black ink, the sign reads "Paris Hilton would be better than McCain" on one side. The opposite side has the words "Black Power" written over it with a cartoon fist.

How Christian of you... :roll:

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: sammyunltd
Sorry. What's so "racist" about these bills? Dems being a little bit paranoid, here?

They're fake food stamps, with Obama's face on them, with pictures of watermelon, fried chicken, kool-aid, and ribs. Are you aware of american racial stereotypes for the past 100 years or so?

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: Robor
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

However you want to call it. None the less I'm not suprised the Left thinks its ok to use racist remarks and tactics, but should the Right do so its somehow offensive.

Article

Written over the original white lettering in black ink, the sign reads "Paris Hilton would be better than McCain" on one side. The opposite side has the words "Black Power" written over it with a cartoon fist.

How shocking you rationalize the shit in the OP with that crap link. Oh, and as much as I despise Paris Hilton she would be better than McCain/Palin.

Almost as shocking as you supporting racism from the Left but not from the right eh?

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where he supported it?
Shhh, he's got his rage on, don't mess it up for him.

Which is still less then the levels of rage I see from the frothing at the mouth liberals daily on ATDU :)

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jonks
Sorry. What's so "racist" about these bills? Dems being a little bit paranoid, here?

They're fake food stamps, with Obama's face on them, with pictures of watermelon, fried chicken, kool-aid, and ribs. Are you aware of american racial stereotypes for the past 100 years or so?

I never figured out why people would use the "i'm stupid and was raised by wolves" defense. If you really have no sense of American culture and can't understand why the subject is offensive, its probably best to stay out of the conversation entirely.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

What wouldn't you do to defend your Aryan Brotherhood.. and Stormfront Forums?

oh boy.. vandalize a sign.. woopity do..

I think about it all the time when I see idiots with their 100 years of war McSame stickers and signs..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Millions of paranoid delusional are about to have their Presidency taken over by the booger man. When they explode shit often hits the fan.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Millions of paranoid delusional are about to have their Presidency taken over by the booger man. When they explode shit often hits the fan.
We all just better hope that Obama lives up to his billing, otherwise things could get ugly.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
We all just better hope that Obama lives up to his billing, otherwise things could get ugly.

I predict things are going to get ugly regardless.

sammyunltd

Jul 31, 2004

Sorry, no I am no aware of the stereotypes. Seems to me like it is "Uppity Scandal - part 2"

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Vic

Yeah, with the economy in the tank it's already ugly and your right, it's only going to get uglier.

The other side of the coin for Obama is that he is in a historical position to change the way the whole world views itself. It's heady stuff if you think about it.

Frankly it scares the hell out of me.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007

Sorry, no I am no aware of the stereotypes. Seems to me like it is "Uppity Scandal - part 2"

Google ""watermelon & fried chicken""

Watermelon & fried chicken are typical racial stereotypes often used to mock black folks.

If you didn't know that you need to get out more ...

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo

Watermelon & fried chicken are typical racial stereotypes often used to mock black folks.

Kinda like blacks are responsible for more crimes in the US than any other race?

Oh wait...

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Kinda like blacks are responsible for more crimes in the US than any other race?

Oh wait...

There's a difference between a racist stereotype and a racial correlation. I might also point out that blacks have lower incomes than whites, and income level is an important factor in crime rates. I might also point out that, proportionally, far more blacks live in urban areas than in rural areas, and there's a lot more crime in urban areas than in rural areas.

I don't suppose you're insinuating that black people are more likely to commit crimes because they're black?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca

Oh wait...

There's a difference between a racist stereotype and a racial correlation. I might also point out that blacks have lower incomes than whites, and income level is an important factor in crime rates. I might also point out that, proportionally, far more blacks live in urban areas than in rural areas, and there's a lot more crime in urban areas than in rural areas.

I don't suppose you're insinuating that black people are more likely to commit crimes because they're black?

Touche.

Im not insinuating anything. If blacks are undereducated, underemployed its not for lack of opportunity. Any critisism of anyone other than rich fat white exectives is rasist though, so I'll withhold further comment. I admit Im derailing the thread now, but facts are facts.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

Hmmm...let's see...signs vandalized by some unidentified moron...

Mailings and such from the local Republican Party Headquarters...

Yep, sounds about the same to me...:roll:

I'm STILL not a supporter of Obama, although he will probably get my vote next month simply because there's no other viable candidate, but the blatant racism by the local Republican Party offices is unacceptable.

Don't like nigras? Don't want one as you's nex Prezident?
Come out and say so, don't play silly little games...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

Where is your proof this was done by the left. In all other instances racism against has come from GOP groups or was caught on youtube. A typical Rove tactic would be to vandalize a sign so Dems could be blamed.

Would it make you feel better if a bunch of black people threatened the life of McCain?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

How shocking you rationalize the shit in the OP with that crap link. Oh, and as much as I despise Paris Hilton she would be better than McCain/Palin.

Almost as shocking as you supporting racism from the Left but not from the right eh?

Read some of his other posts. Sometimes an understanding of a person comes not from one sentence, but from a combination of posts over time.

Back it up with proof pal.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Explain 'lives up to his billing'. Despite all the attempts by the right to paint Obama as some sort of messiah AFAIK he can't perform miracles. If you're hoping for this country to become some sort of utopia the day GWB leaves office you are going to be disappointed. I do think things will improve - especially in the realm of foreign relations - but it's going to take time.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic

Yeah, with the economy in the tank it's already ugly and your right, it's only going to get uglier.

The other side of the coin for Obama is that he is in a historical position to change the way the whole world views itself. It's heady stuff if you think about it.

Frankly it scares the hell out of me.

Obama can do nothing without you. Only a determined people can save themselves from greed and apathy. Only you can be the change you have been waiting for.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

You should start breathing through your nose and walking upright, the rest of us figured that out about 10,000 years ago.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

Oh wait...

If you're campaigning for "person most likely to make a completely unrelated and idiotic comparison", you got my vote.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

Read some of his other posts. Sometimes an understanding of a person comes not from one sentence, but from a combination of posts over time.

Back it up with proof pal.

You know your racist, and you know you defend racist actions by minorities. You can bang out on your keyboard that you dont, but we both know how you REALLY feel even if you wont admit it.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Turnabout is fair play
Do unto others
Tit for tat

Article

Hmmm...let's see...signs vandalized by some unidentified moron...

Mailings and such from the local Republican Party Headquarters...

Yep, sounds about the same to me...:roll:

I'm STILL not a supporter of Obama, although he will probably get my vote next month simply because there's no other viable candidate, but the blatant racism by the local Republican Party offices is unacceptable.

Don't like nigras? Don't want one as you's nex Prezident?
Come out and say so, don't play silly little games...

If you choose to live with such a narrow view of the world so be it. But you KNOW who did it, and you KNOW who they support.