GOP betrays innocent fetuses on Roe v. Wade anniversary

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Straight from the horse's ass:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-on-abortion-bill-for-roe-v-wade-anniversary/

House Republicans on Wednesday dropped a bill that would have banned abortions after 20 weeks, abandoning legislation that at one time seemed certain to pass the chamber but fell victim to intra-party disputes over concerns that the law would alienate women voters.

Ya think?

The failed bill, which reflected the idea that a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks, would have criminalized virtually all abortions for pregnancies of 20 weeks or longer. It would offer some exceptions, including for victims of rape that have already been reported to authorities.

But some Republicans, including female members of Congress, objected to that requirement, saying that many women feel too distressed to report rapes and should not be penalized. A 2013 Justice Department report calculated that just 35 percent of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to police.

I weep for the innocent "babies." I really do. GOP just threw them under the bus on Roe v Wade anniversary.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Glad to see the recognition that we're talking about fetuses and "babies," not actual babies.

Last edited:

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Straight from the horse's ass:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-on-abortion-bill-for-roe-v-wade-anniversary/

Ya think?

I weep for the innocent "babies." I really do. GOP just threw them under the bus on Roe v Wade anniversary.

Solution: Every time you have sex, call in and report it as rape. That way later you can abort your mistake should it become a problem :D

Theoretically, wouldn't this work? If you reported it, got the abortion... by the time the baby was gone, you could just say you don't want to press charges. Or press them, and drop them. I guess if the state presses charges, but then again she would be the witness!

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Glad to see the recognition that we're talking about fetuses and "babies," not actual babies.

The GOP's version of 'baby steps'?

But then they've been known to resuscitate all kinds of stupid and try to re-sell it, so I guess we'll have to see if this growth of theirs is for real.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
blue state red state. We need a new purple party, it will be moderate, like the libertarian party, only a bit more liberal fiscally as far as safety nets and public services go.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
blue state red state. We need a new purple party, it will be moderate, like the libertarian party, only a bit more liberal fiscally as far as safety nets and public services go.

Why the hell do we need parties at all?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Well how would I know who to vote for then. :colbert:

If I had one wish, it would be that the whole party system be taken down. Its just another way of creating us the people vs us the people instead of us the people vs the politicians.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
If I had one wish, it would be that the whole party system be taken down. Its just another way of creating us the people vs us the people instead of us the people vs the politicians.

Yep I wish so as well but that is one thing both parties can agree on, to not let that happen. :(

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Seems the GOP has passed a bill banning the use of taxpayer money for Abortions instead. Had to do something symbolic for the religious I guess.

Never mind they stuck a tax hike in there, just keep your eye on the single voting issue of abortion.

Remind me if we can call it a tax hike or not? What is the rule? Taking away previous tax exemptions and credits is a tax hike, right? Right?

GOP: the party of lower taxes, rah rah rah.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Rudeguy, You have my vote. Lets abolish political parties. We will however, mandate party time in every week. Parties are awesome, provided you have a pool a bonfire, a cake, drinks, food, family, friends, or just something, anything, to celebrate :)

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Sad. We might've gotten one step closer to decency.

20 weeks.

pregnant-lady-wk-20-closeup.jpg

Clearly that's not a human being.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sad. We might've gotten one step closer to decency.

20 weeks.

pregnant-lady-wk-20-closeup.jpg

Clearly that's not a human being.

Remove and disconnect it from the woman. Will it survive? Will it die because its not developed enough? 20 weeks is about 1/2 of a pregnancy term ... IIRC, premature births before about 22 or 23 weeks cant survive outside the womb...

It sucks that Abortions occur, however, I believe women own their own bodies, and as such, they have the right to abort, even if it is an immoral act.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Remove and disconnect it from the woman. Will it survive? Will it die because its not developed enough? 20 weeks is about 1/2 of a pregnancy term ... IIRC, premature births before about 22 or 23 weeks cant survive outside the womb...

How does the baby's viability have any bearing whatsoever on its rights as a human being? Since when were human rights predicated on such conditions?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

It sucks that Abortions occur, however, I believe women own their own bodies, and as such, they have the right to abort, even if it is an immoral act.

As medicine progresses and premature babies can survive at 20 weeks will your opinion change?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

My grandpa relied on my grandmother to survive. He had MS and couldn't do much more than talk.

Was he not a person?

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
How does the baby's viability have any bearing whatsoever on its rights as a human being? Since when were human rights predicated on such conditions?

Once the baby is old enough, then the baby can be taken out of the mother and put in a machine rather than aborted.. Can go be adopted and will not be killed. Otherwise, the woman has the right as long as its in her body, and does not have a viable alternative IMO

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
As medicine progresses and premature babies can survive at 20 weeks will your opinion change?

While I'm not saying science may not be able to find a way eventually, as you said, but as of now, the lungs aren't capable of functioning at 20 weeks.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My grandpa relied on my grandmother to survive. He had MS and couldn't do much more than talk.

Was he not a person?

Your grandpa could have relied on a nurse or hospital too. That is clearly very different from my point.

If a woman doesnt want to raise a baby, and she is carrying a fetus, she should have the right to abort the birth to kill/murder the fetus. The small human which isnt fully developed and isnt viable to live on his or her own. It is a horrible horrible thing, but, no matter how horrible, is not as horrible as telling a person that their body belongs to somebody else, that they are not in charge of their own body. They do not own themselves.