GOP ACA Replacement Imminent....Predictions

Page 94 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What will GOP ACA Replacement look like?

• It won't happen, they won't pass either repeal or replacement

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • It won't happen, they will only repeal and not replace

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Replacement will look mostly like ACA, except worse

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • Replacement will look mostly like ACA, except better

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Replacement will look completely different from ACA, except worse

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Replacement will look completely different from ACA, except better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Within only a few hours today...

Trump: CSR payments are insurance company payoffs.

Trump: Obamacare is dead.

WH staff: We need a full repeal of the ACA mandate to say yes to short term CSR bill

Trump: Obamacare is all but dead.

Trump: I did a great job killing off those terrible CSRs

Trump: I have the votes for Grahm-Cassidy. Will repeal ACA early next year when I decide to.

-word of Murray/Alexander 2 year CSR funding compromise comes out-

Trump: I support Murray-Alexander and have worked on it with them.

WH staff: um

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

WH staff: We need a full repeal of the ACA mandate to say yes to short term CSR bill

Trump: I have the votes for Grahm-Cassidy. Will repeal ACA early next year when I decide to.

This would all be hilarious...if it was some small backwater country instead of the USA.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The amount of flailing here is amazing. In particular I love "I could repeal Obamacare any time I want to, I JUST DON'T WANT TO!"

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The amount of flailing here is amazing. In particular I love "I could repeal Obamacare any time I want to, I JUST DON'T WANT TO!"

He seems to oscillate wildly between this and "Hey don't blame me, blame the Senate"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He seems to oscillate wildly between this and "Hey don't blame me, blame the Senate"

It telling as to just how fundamentally dishonest he is that he feels there's no problem in switching between those two mutually exclusive arguments.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it
Wow, that sounds like someone who used to work at my site. Thank god, someone else is stuck with him. I knew he had a major insecurity issue and an inability to self evaluate. I have a name for this now.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump is waffling to and fro on Alexander-Murray CSR compromise. Without his strong support pretty much everybody agrees it won't happen.

Expect this to appear in the relatively near future when the Dems sit down with Trump and GOP leadership for government funding bill/debt ceiling.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
This sums up Trump's work on healthcare:

AAtEfyu.img

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Gov of Iowa recording Trump on a healthcare waiver request call today....it's almost like she doesn't trust him. How odd.

https://twitter.com/clay_masters/status/920698198783660033

I guess the Trump administration now needs to assume every call he has with anybody will be recorded for posterity if/when he goes back on whatever it was that he said.

This harkens back to the old days in 2016 when it was revealed his own lawyers met with him in pairs because Trump couldn't be trusted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kendalltaggart/trumps-lawyer-we-met-with-him-in-pairs-to-avoid-lies

Reactions: ch33zw1z

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Iowa is the state that privatized Medicaid last year and is now trying to figure out how to fix the crater they created in their state budget by doing so. Turns out that combining public funding and private profit doesn't work out so good for the public. No one could have predicted this.

Reactions: ivwshane

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Iowa is the state that privatized Medicaid last year and is now trying to figure out how to fix the crater they created in their state budget by doing so. Turns out that combining public funding and private profit doesn't work out so good for the public. No one could have predicted this.

I remember the same thing when New Jersey privatized their lottery system with all of the hoopla that it would save so much money. IIRC, they sold $2 million more tickets in the first year but brought in the same amount of money to the state.

T-Rump complaining about insurance company profit should tell him one thing - eliminate them and pay less....but of course there is NEGATIVE infinity of the GOP ever thinking of such a thing.....too much freedom to award for that to happen.

And finally, to be quite frank, until we regulate medical costs, we're lost. Insurance is a joke in this country and medical charges (not costs - charges) are a fucking joke. Had to take my adult daughter to the ER on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We were on a road trip over 4 hours from home and she developed a series of serious issues. We tried to make it home but couldn't and found an ER on the way....huge mistake. Not only did the ER charge us stupid rates ($17,000 for about 3 hours of service including one CT scan), the insurance refused to even process the case (completely denied because we should have taken her to a clinic somewhere per them). Waiting on an appeal, we are on the hook currently for $17,000+. If appeal fails, all we can do is try to negotiate them down. It's ridiculous that we have to do this kind of bull shit today in the US. It's been exhausting trying to pull my child from the pits of despair and now have to deal with the cost and the insurance denial bull shit. Interesting that they had ZERO issue paying a 2nd ER visit the next day (she was still in a bad situation) but it was only $2,100 for 6 hour of service and negotiated down to $846 by the insurance company. My wife and her employer pay over $12,000 to the insurance company per year and they have paid nothing except two check ups this year. Right now, they denied the big claim right before the deductible was met. Starting to wonder if it would be better to go without if they aren't going to pay anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I'm so confused. Today Trump is now vehemently against the agreement he praised yesterday which the day before he said the whole thing was dead and would never be resurrected.

I need some kind of road map to keep up with this!

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I'm so confused. Today Trump is now vehemently against the agreement he praised yesterday which the day before he said the whole thing was dead and would never be resurrected.

Road Map: two points of location, a straight line from "You Are Here" to Crazy Town. Travel Experience: Rough Terrain, perilous. Will likely end in everyone's demise. <--- I should probably start my career as a cartographer soon.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Have someone spin you around in an office chair for a couple minutes, should all make sense then.

Jan 25, 2011
Have someone spin you around in an office chair for a couple minutes, should all make sense then.
Don't know about that. I'm sitting in my office spinny chair with multiple fractured ribs. The pain risk with that proposal might be too high. Coughing is bad enough! Can't imagine projectile vomiting and the pain that would ensue.

Then again I am Canadian so.... bring on more free health care!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Draw a circle. Theirs your road map.

Reactions: ch33zw1z