Google has been Compromised

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Correct, they manipulate them to prevent negative results popping up as a result of Google-bombing. They've acknowledged this for years now.

They change the results but afaik not the autocomplete terms, and this rather makes sense because the possibilities/opportunities for cheating or simply wrong results with open-ended web pages is much greater than search terms.

The way that ML algs work, they don't really understand the terms but only patterns, of whose features are arbitrarily defined. So it's entirely possible even with the same data set that differing patterns are found. It's also a matter of underlying statistics that varying ML params will produce differing results which can be interpreted in the OP manner, and it's pretty certain had the specifics of the bing and google alg/data been switched the OP would just argue that bing is "compromised".

It's just a fact that OP types have zero mental capacity for understanding any of this, but their conservatism causes them to bluster like a moron nonetheless.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
That is the whole point. You got it. For some reason, it took over 150 replies before anyone was smart enough to actually do the test.

Good job.

If you had much in the way of brains, you'd have figured that he also considers you irreparably stupid.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Following Chirop's logic, Google is a holocaust denier.

xkumBS.jpg

You mean, compromised. Glad another one agrees with me, even if they are too stupid to realize it.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
People with a point typically make a habit of including a clearly explained thesis with more than one data point. You, in an egregious display, managed none of that. I'd recommend re-education, where the re is short for remedial middle school.

Weird thing is thousands of people understand the point right from the start in right leaning pro-Trump forums.

Perhaps my explanation was clear enough, but the popular cliques of this forum pretend to act too stupid to get it.

Alternatively, maybe they were not pretending.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
There's no evidence here that you possess any appreciative intelligence. Just fyi that parroting the alt-reich /pol/ types doesn't count.

Good, I'm not interested in leaving any evidence behind.

edit: I mean how terrible is real life that you would go to a forum to feel appreciated for your intelligence?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Weird thing is thousands of people understand the point right from the start in right leaning pro-Trump forums.

Perhaps my explanation was clear enough, but the popular cliques of this forum pretend to act too stupid to get it.

Alternatively, maybe they were not pretending.

Case in point, you actually believe Trumpsters are the Real brain trust of civilization.

edit: I mean how terrible is real life that you would go to a forum to feel appreciated for your intelligence?

It's fun to put blustering degenerates in their place.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
A textbook example thread of how not to win friends and influence people. Bravo cuck, bravo!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We need a special kind of sticky to flag self-ownage threads for end of year consideration. Maybe add an ownage tag so we can search on them later.

#self-ownage

Reactions: MongGrel

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
That is the entire purpose of this thread. Thank you for realizing just how much fun it has been.

No, pretty sure people who cannot figure out how autocomplete algs (or anything for that matter) work but bluster all about their smarts are the fun ones to put in their place. Don't worry though, fellow low edu low iq trumpsters agree you guys are the Real brain trust.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You mean, compromised. Glad another one agrees with me, even if they are too stupid to realize it.

No one is agreeing with you, most people have not bothered to take you serious enough to take the the time to reply to you in a serious manner I suspect.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
That's because you don't.

Oh, grade-school level insults now: "no, YOU don't know you are dumb, not me!"

Have fun insulting me for the next 20 or so posts. As per usual I'm not going to read them, but maybe I'll post another comment in a day or two.

You guys are really sore losers.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015

Have fun insulting me for the next 20 or so posts. As per usual I'm not going to read them, but maybe I'll post another comment in a day or two.

Too many lines, huh?

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
No one is agreeing with you, just most people have not bothered to take you serious enough to take the the time to bother with you much.

Everyone who points out that google's results can easily be corrupted/manipulated is indeed proving the very point I was trying to make.

I didn't think I had to spell that out, but maybe you aren't faking it, maybe you really are too fucking stupid to understand that.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
No one is agreeing with you, most people have not bothered to take you serious enough to take the the time to reply in a serious manner I suspect.

Truth be told, Chiropteran posts are exceedingly boring. The fact that he still can't discern between Google's algo's working the way they should and them being "compromised" in a partisan sense is just yawn-inspiring.

Meh.

Reactions: MongGrel

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Everyone who points out that google's results can easily be corrupted/manipulated is indeed proving the very point I was trying to make.

I didn't think I had to spell that out, but maybe you aren't faking it, maybe you really are too fucking stupid to understand that.

I'm not going to bother perpetuating your thread, you're rambling at this point.

Posting pablum just so you can report a personal attack seems the only thing you are shooting for it appears, which is weird as you have been insulting everyone in the thread almost non stop anyway.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Just fyi that in order to be considered smart it's necessary to actually say smart things, which you've obviously never been accused of doing except maybe by fellow low edu/iq trumpsters.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014

You have the most posts in this thread and you have left no evidence of intelligence behind, but there's plenty of other evidence.

If you're singlehandedly holding up a thread, pretending you don't care is even more unconvincing than usual. Just as an FYI.